CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digigear

Disciple
On Sunday I made an order for the 12600K CPU for 25k at tlggaming.com and late last night (Monday night), as I was doing some more research I stumbled upon the 12700 and I actually didn't realize that there was a non-K 12700 that was coming at ~30k. I went for the 12600K because the 12700K was out of my budget. But having the extra 2 P cores for nearly 5k extra makes so much more sense, esp. given that I have a B660 mobo that can't use OC anyway.

Right when I was about to raise my request for a cancellation I get the email that the order has been shipped! And I read in their website's return policy that cancellations have to be made before dispatch.

I messaged them on WhatsApp and the guy said that he can't make a decision and that I have to email them to reach the concerned folks. I emailed them offering to let them deduct the shipping charges and even placing the order for the 12700 from them so that they don't have to count it as a loss of sale. I'm yet to hear from them. Meanwhile the item is reaching me from Mumbai to Chennai quickly.

I asked him to give me the phone number of the owners so that I can speak to them and make my case to do whatever is needed so that they don't have to lose out any money to have me end up with a 12700. He refused to give me the phone number. Said email is the way to go.

I just feel a bit shitty that I can't even cancel an order that hasn't reached me yet. If they say no to this, even though they won't be losing any money, that would suck a lot.

I feel quite anxious about this. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can get out of this situation with a 12700 instead of the 12600k?

Similar thing happened to my friend just 2 weeks ago, he had placed an order for R5 3600 + RTX 2060 from MDComputers and on my suggestion he changed his mind and decided to get the 12400F + RX6600 instead but the order had already been shipped by then.
Although they exchanged the CPU, they did not entertain his request to get the 6600 instead of the 2060 quoting some store policy that was on the website in fine print (but the actual reason was that GPU prices were crashing already and they wouldn't have found another bakra for the inflated price they sold the 2060).
TLG is a good website, if you try speaking to someone maybe they'll just accept your return request as well.

What if you refuse to accept the package? Tell courier person to mark as customer not at home or something instead of refusal. What does their policy say about this?

What if you refuse to accept the package? Tell courier person to mark as customer not at home or something instead of refusal. What does their policy say about this?
The things that stack up against me here:-
1649754960626.png

And this:-
1649755023880.png

Source - https://tlggaming.com/shipping-and-return-policy

But man, I really wish they are somewhat flexible :(

The things that stack up against me here:-
View attachment 131498

And this:-
View attachment 131499
Source - https://tlggaming.com/shipping-and-return-policy

But man, I really wish they are somewhat flexible :(
This is the problem with these kinda websites, even mdcomputers/primeagb etc. They are good in terms of pricing and authentic products but if a customer faces any issue then its a mess.
Legally this would have worked your favor, if the delivery person updates that customer not available at home or not answered the call rather than refused to accept the courier. But since if you have already informed them, then you will be back to square one. Inform nahi karna tha unhe. Dil pe haath rakh ke le le product. Or if you paid via credit card, then give chai paani to the courier guy to update it as customer not available. The product will go back. Ask them for refund, they will deny. Apply for chargeback.

You shouldn't have rushed into the purchase, if there's a K processor there's usually a non-k variant too, at least it used to be simpler a couple of gens back until the introduction of F and KF.

I've been using this site to track & order parts online - https://pcpricetracker.in/

Looks to me like they just want to offload their stocks, not caring about customer satisfaction at all. Your terms were very fair and favorable to them and yet they chose not to help you. Thanks for sharing this. Anyone considering buying from them might come across this in their 'research' and decide accordingly. You should try to sell it in the second-hand market, as long as it's seal-packed, someone might be interested.

Well that's a sob story. TBH no matter how hard you try first PC you build yourself gets screwed up in one or more ways, it's never perfect but that's how you learn.
It's your choice now to keep this or sell it for some loss (no one's gonna buy at 1:1 price 2nd hand even if sealed). Besides you are gonna move on from this build eventually so why not keep it?
12600K is not a slouch by any means.

Looks to me like they just want to offload their stocks, not caring about customer satisfaction at all. Your terms were very fair and favorable to them and yet they chose not to help you. Thanks for sharing this. Anyone considering buying from them might come across this in their 'research' and decide accordingly. You should try to sell it in the second-hand market, as long as it's seal-packed, someone might be interested.

TBF even Amazon has the same policy, you can only get a replacement for a faulty product, no returns or exchanges allowed otherwise.

TBF even Amazon has the same policy, you can only get a replacement for a faulty product, no returns or exchanges allowed otherwise.
You can get a refund 2nd time though I'm not sure about high value items but that works for items with less than 5000 INR.

TLG is pretty stubborn about such things. I was building a rig for a friend last year and zeroed in on a case they had in stock. I live in Ahmedabad where they have their main office, so I asked if I could pick it up and can get a shipping discount. Amazon had the same case for lower but it would take them 4-5 days to deliver. They refused to lower their price (i.e. match Amazon price), which is not wrong of them, I understand. But what would they lose in not charging for shipping for a local pick up? They were very adamant that whether I buy it local or online shipping, the price will remain the same. In the end, I chose to go with Amazon and wait it out.

Another bakra!
I have always said crore times, invest in time before zeroing on finally investing and then regretting your purchases.
The market will be like this only for next 6 months or till 2023 first quarter.

These days one can cancel an order for a per-booked Lamborghini against a full refund but not for a computer component!

Not to say this, the store/sites are not at fault as they are doing "Business" and they already have policies in place either in fine print or hidden. So the blame is on the buyer.

Your only option is to list the item on sale here or olx or to any needy friend for a 5-10% loss! Or accept it as its not a bad cpu at all.

Tjisn
TLG is pretty stubborn about such things. I was building a rig for a friend last year and zeroed in on a case they had in stock. I live in Ahmedabad where they have their main office, so I asked if I could pick it up and can get a shipping discount. Amazon had the same case for lower but it would take them 4-5 days to deliver. They refused to lower their price (i.e. match Amazon price), which is not wrong of them, I understand. But what would they lose in not charging for shipping for a local pick up? They were very adamant that whether I buy it local or online shipping, the price will remain the same. In the end, I chose to go with Amazon and wait it out.
Similar same thing happy with me with MDCOMPUTERS too. I was buying a GPU (GTX 1060) and since I was in Kolkata that time I asked them to give me some discount when I went to their shop to the GPU.

Bizzare thing is that they were actually charging Rs. 250 more at shop. :(

I ended up buying the card online from their portal (all the while using THEIR WIFI inside their shop) and asked them to mark the card shipped via XYZ courier. How stupid of them.

Although it was before the CRYPTO BOOM. in 2017/2018.

I am the highest authority who replied to your email
Mai kabhi bhi is site se kuch nahi kharidunga, even if they are giving 99% discount. Arrogance.
Holy hell. Sheer arrogance !

I really liked the idea of @becool773 to give some chai Pani to the delivery guy and outright ask him to mark the item not deliverable. It will be returned.

Then you should refuse to buy anything from that site.

Also you should post this reply to Twitter. Show the whole world his arrogance. Many people will be pissed by his attitude and he will lose potential customer.

On Sunday I made an order for the 12600K CPU for 25k at tlggaming.com and late last night (Monday night), as I was doing some more research I stumbled upon the 12700 and I actually didn't realize that there was a non-K 12700 that was coming at ~30k. I went for the 12600K because the 12700K was out of my budget. But having the extra 2 P cores for nearly 5k extra makes so much more sense, esp. given that I have a B660 mobo that can't use OC anyway.

Right when I was about to raise my request for a cancellation I get the email that the order has been shipped! And I read in their website's return policy that cancellations have to be made before dispatch.

I messaged them on WhatsApp and the guy said that he can't make a decision and that I have to email them to reach the concerned folks. I emailed them offering to let them deduct the shipping charges and even placing the order for the 12700 from them so that they don't have to count it as a loss of sale. I'm yet to hear from them. Meanwhile the item is reaching me from Mumbai to Chennai quickly.

I asked him to give me the phone number of the owners so that I can speak to them and make my case to do whatever is needed so that they don't have to lose out any money to have me end up with a 12700. He refused to give me the phone number. Said email is the way to go.

I just feel a bit shitty that I can't even cancel an order that hasn't reached me yet. If they say no to this, even though they won't be losing any money, that would suck a lot.

I feel quite anxious about this. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can get out of this situation with a 12700 instead of the 12600k?
Well there are many mistakes in this post.
Order id 23397 was placed on 10 April 2022 at 1:07 Am IST.
Payment was made with IMPS by the customer after going through the product confirmation.
We understand that customer may make a mistake while ordering so he could just ask for cancellation within 2 hours of ordering which is acceptable as per our shipping and cancellation policy.
Cancellation mail was received at Apr 12, 2022, 10:03 AM which is 2 days after original order.
Product order by a customer was last in stock, which was on sale and priced aggressively.
Due to this, we had made a purchase order for new stock accordingly and product is shipped for obvious reasons.
This guy had also purchased a motherboard that too with aggressive pricing, he was just unreasonable when he say he got a better deal somewhere else. At Tlg Gaming, we do care about our customers but we have made some rules to save our firm from frauds, scams and pranks which we don't compromise with.
Regards
Aditya Rathore
Director
Tlg Gaming India

Last edited:
I really liked the idea of @becool773 to give some chai Pani to the delivery guy and outright ask him to mark the item not deliverable. It will be returned.
Will only work in COD case. Else its a win-win only for the seller as he has both the money as well as product and ten you fell in another trap of self-rejecting the delivery. They might be having xyz policies for that as well to further dupe the customer.
I am the highest authority who replied to your email
Akash me Khatra nazar aya from so called highest authority.... baji Akash Khatri ki ghanti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back