CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will only work in COD case. Else its a win-win only for the seller as he has both the money as well as product and ten you fell in another trap of self-rejecting the delivery. They might be having xyz policies for that as well to further dupe the customer.
If op had paid via cc and a chargeback was raised then it would have worked in his favor.

If op had paid via cc and a chargeback was raised then it would have worked in his favor.
For Credit card chargebacks the reason needs to be a very valid one and such stupid reasons wont ever be entertained. Even if the reason seems valid the CC team validates from the back end as well and might refund only if its a fraud, misuse or theft etc! Here its pure intentional choice..

For Credit card chargebacks the reason needs to be a very valid one and such stupid reasons wont ever be entertained. Even if the reason seems valid the CC team validates from the back end as well and might refund only if its a fraud, misuse or theft etc! Here its pure intentional choice..
This is correct. Credit card transactions can be reversed only in cases of fraud or unintentional payments (to some extent ). But it won't be valid in this case.

The best way out is to use the processor and NEVER buy anything from such idiots ever again.

And tweet and retweet the incident. These guys are way too much involved in keeping their image clean on social media than to actually provide customer service.

Btw, Mr. Aditya Rathore (apparently also a director at TLG Gaming?) just responded to this same post I made on reddit at the same time I made this post here.

Link -
Screenshot_2022-04-12-22-01-30-43_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-12-22-01-36-09_b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

I'm honestly a bit shocked at the way he just responded. I don't even understand why he's being aggressive? I'm just confused as to why he's gaslighting me and what he's accusing me of. :/

Honestly, what work are you going to do on your PC that a 12600K with 16 threads won't be able to do? It's a really good value for money chip, except the K part which won't be useful to you.
Don't make purchasing decisions in a haste at late nights especially on or before weekends or holidays because if you change your mind you won't have enough time window to let the other party know in time.

They could've dealt with this in a better way but you can't really blame a businessman's ethics since they are boss of their own. They probably don't wanna go down the rabbit-hole of return shipping and re-shipping etc. It costs time as well not just the money. They don't have a business as large as Amazon so as to not care about particular returns/refunds from customers and have a generic automated policies on items. I say if you are one of those people who like to shop and return if you don't like the item or change your mind after ordering then better buy from Amazon where you have enough time to cancel or reject later and get refunded through automated policies.

That said, enjoy your new CPU, it's great don't feel bad about it. There will always be a next best thing to buy. It's a never ending cycle. It's you who has to settle on something.

Btw, Mr. Aditya Rathore (apparently also a director at TLG Gaming?) just responded to this same post I made on reddit at the same time I made this post here.

Link -
I'm honestly a bit shocked at the way he just responded. I don't even understand why he's being aggressive? I'm just confused as to why he's gaslighting me and what he's accusing me of. :/
1649783021245.png

He seems to have accused you in another mobo purchase from him..

Link -
View attachment 131520

View attachment 131521

You should also send the screenshot where he said that "I am the highest authority who replied to your email" and BLA BLA BLA. wherein he also blamed you for "RESEARCH LAPSE".

Honestly, what work are you going to do on your PC that a 12600K with 16 threads won't be able to do? It's a really good value for money chip, except the K part which won't be useful to you.
Don't make purchasing decisions in a haste at late nights especially on or before weekends or holidays because if you change your mind you won't have enough time window to let the other party know in time.

They could've dealt with this in a better way but you can't really blame a businessman's ethics since they are boss of their own. They probably don't wanna go down the rabbit-hole of return shipping and re-shipping etc. It costs time as well not just the money. They don't have a business as large as Amazon so as to not care about particular returns/refunds from customers and have a generic automated policies on items. I say if you are one of those people who like to shop and return if you don't like the item or change your mind after ordering then better buy from Amazon where you have enough time to cancel or reject later and get refunded through automated policies.

That said, enjoy your new CPU, it's great don't feel bad about it. There will always be a next best thing to buy. It's a never ending cycle. It's you who has to settle on something.
Obviously they have the right to choose their policies and choose to adhere to them without flex. They don't owe me anything in that regard. And neither am I making any efforts to have them reconsider past that email. I've accepted their decision. But the guy coming at me with accusations is just weird.

I didn't even make this or the post in reddit with the intent to defame them. Other than their aggressive style of communication they haven't done anything to warrant defamation. I just wanted to know what I could do to ensure that I didn't end up with the 12600k.

Anyway, I code. Gaming is secondary for me. I have a lot of use for Dockers, virtual machines, sometimes running Android studio among other emulation software along side multiple other applications. I have 3 displays at the moment but will be increasing these to 4 soon. So imagine using teams, multiple windows of browsers with multiple tabs each, zoom, slack, Spotify all running at the same time. Also I do video rendering at times. I do believe all this multitasking could make better use of those extra 2P cores.

I have a lot more longterm value for those 2 extra P cores than I have for the extra 5 or 6 thousand rupees that it comes for. That's why I feel bummed out. But I guess this is the price I have to pay for not having done my research throughly. Lesson learned :/
View attachment 131522

No I did purchase the B660M from him the day before. I just don't see why that is wrong or what about that makes me unreasonable?

I never had an issue with their pricing and I just don't get why he even brought that up. These guys are weird.

Obviously they have the right to choose their policies and choose to adhere to them without flex. They don't owe me anything in that regard. And neither am I making any efforts to have them reconsider past that email. I've accepted their decision. But the guy coming at me with accusations is just weird.

I didn't even make this or the post in reddit with the intent to defame them. Other than their aggressive style of communication they haven't done anything to warrant defamation. I just wanted to know what I could do to ensure that I didn't end up with the 12600k.

Anyway, I code. Gaming is secondary for me. I have a lot of use for Dockers, virtual machines, sometimes running Android studio among other emulation software along side multiple other applications. I have 3 displays at the moment but will be increasing these to 4 soon. So imagine using teams, multiple windows of browsers with multiple tabs each, zoom, slack, Spotify all running at the same time. Also I do video rendering at times. I do believe all this multitasking could make better use of those extra 2P cores.

I have a lot more longterm value for those 2 extra P cores than I have for the extra 5 or 6 thousand rupees that it comes for. That's why I feel bummed out. But I guess this is the price I have to pay for not having done my research throughly. Lesson learned :/

Or you can sell the 12600K for a small loss say 1000-2000 less and get the i7 12700.
Think of the added 1-2 K as your actual loss.
1000 -2000 is not that a big deal if you are going to use those two extra cores for a long time.

If the delivery person had updated op is not at home then it would have gone back. Technically op didn't refuse it. So, if then they denied to refund chargeback would have helped.

If the delivery person had updated op is not at home then it would have gone back. Technically op didn't refuse it. So, if then they denied to refund chargeback would have helped.
But even now doing so it will be seen as foul play from the customer and the business will then frame other refund policies etc. where op wont receive 100% compensation and he business will keep an watch on him defaming them on social media further for refund etc after no delivery and might even act against him as then they will have all the evidences..

If you didnt cancel before it shipped, they are right as per policy. I suggest to talk to them if they will take it back (unopened box) and upgrade to what you want and work it out.
If not, you can always sell it. will take time but the only way i guess

Courier will do couple of attempts right ? Also if it returns, then getting refund and that process could be lengthy.

If you really do all this at the same time simultaneously then there's no CPU in the current market that wouldn't get overwhelmed. It's my mistake and even other people on this forum that didn't ask you your use case beforehand on your other thread where you asked opinion on your build.

You need something like a 5950X or i9-12900 for that much compute all the time. For longer code compilation and rendering sessions there's no limit to hardware.

Boss competition ka jamana hai.

How long can you be arrogant with customer after getting the money in the name of some stupid policy of your company.
"Before shipping we accept cancellation but within two hours of ordering", seriously?

Regarding MD computer issue with higher price in shop, they were doing that to promote website so that in future you don't visit shop and purchase directly from website assuming it's cheaper.
When you visit shop you tend to do market survey before locking a purchase, and you may end up buying from other shop.

Unfair trade practices and arrogance in the name of Shop Policy won't take them much ahead. The consumer law implementation is lax here so they are exploiting it.
I'm sure they have lost tens of potential customers by this single fiasco.

Boss competition ka jamana hai.

How long can you be arrogant with customer after getting the money in the name of some stupid policy of your company.
"Before shipping we accept cancellation but within two hours of ordering", seriously?

Regarding MD computer issue with higher price in shop, they were doing that to promote website so that in future you don't visit shop and purchase directly from website assuming it's cheaper.
When you visit shop you tend to do market survey before locking a purchase, and you may end up buying from other shop.

Unfair trade practices and arrogance in the name of Shop Policy won't take them much ahead. The consumer law implementation is lax here so they are exploiting it.
I'm sure they have lost tens of potential customers by this single fiasco.
Kaisa bhi zamana ho. OP is at fault of not doing enough research and not reading the terms. It's a loss of time value to business. Only the heavy weights can afford such policies. You know many people abuse returns/replacement policy in India which are making even Amazon & Flipkart policies to be stricter. It will become more strict over time. This business owners might not have appropriate language but they are not cheating the OP. They are delivering what he asked for in the first place.

Kaisa bhi zamana ho. OP is at fault of not doing enough research and not reading the terms. It's a loss of time value to business. Only the heavy weights can afford such policies. You know many people abuse returns/replacement policy in India which are making even Amazon & Flipkart policies to be stricter. It will become more strict over time. This business owners might not have appropriate language but they are not cheating the OP. They are delivering what he asked for in the first place.
I agree with this. But wanna add some points.

First, yes it was my fault for not having done sufficient research. Second, they are within their right to enforce their store policy strictly. And it's quite obvious that no one here is accusing them of cheating or being unethical. They've acted within their rights.

But there are a few things they could have obviously done better:-
  1. First, they could learn to address their customer with more respect. I've literally paid you for a couple of high value items totalling nearly 42k (for mobo and CPU) and I have a lot more items in my list to purchase that I could have potentially purchased from you if not for this incident here. The least you can do is not treat me like I'm out to cheat you. First Mr. Akash Khatri chides me for research lapse like he's my school principal reprimanding me for poor grades. And then Mr. Aditya Rathore, basically starts off with accusing me of being unreasonable and then (in the reddit thread) accuses me of playing the "victim card". Like dude, learn to present yourself in a less aggressive way and stop accusing people you don't even know, of things that you can't even be sure of! I am not even saying that Akash is wrong about it being my fault, but that's not something you say to your customer, especially not like that. And I'm not even saying that they should honor my request and compromise on their policy for the sake of customer retention. Just that a better way to say the same exact thing would have been - "We wish we could do more to satisfy your request. But unfortunately we are unable to make an exception at this time." and leave it at that. You don't have to make me feel like an idiot for my "research lapse". Sure it's my fault, but it doesn't serve you to be the one to point that out like you're my superior or something. Simple diplomacy and tactful wording in communications can help your customer relations, without needing you to compromise on your policies.
  2. Second, when I came to them with the request for a return, I was willing to hear suggestions on how we can make this right. I was open to deductions on the shipping (to and fro) to start with, and even open to a restocking fee. And honestly, even simply refusing the package for refund in the form a store voucher. This way they didn't even have to return my money. They could simply have achieved the following things:-
    1. Helped me not own a product I didn't want to own, thereby leaving me a satisfied customer
    2. Get their item back in the same condition they sent me
    3. Not have to refund my money
    4. Have me buy their other products.

Boom, everybody wins. Honestly, any seller interested in earning a satisfied returning customer and building their reputation and sales would be open to this. But these guys instead chose to take on an adversarial stance rather than exploring options to help out their customer feel satisfied (even if it was the customer's mistake). It takes some maturity and wisdom to get to this. But all I got was a whole lot of defensiveness, aggression and gaslighting. :/
I just noticed that they have deleted their aggressive comments on reddit. I'm honestly happy for them that at least now they realized that publicly gaslighting their customers for an honest mistake was a dumb move.
View attachment 131522

Yeah basically he was accusing me of buying an item from him that he had priced aggressively. I never had an issue with their pricing of items. I don't even know how I'm at fault for buying an item that they offered at an aggressive price. Maybe you're at fault for buying from them? I don't even know.

Also, the motherboard they sent me wasn't even packed in an outer box. They just bubble wrapped it and sent the OEM box. And when I opened the bubble wrap this is what I saw.
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-12 at 19.47.06.jpeg

The seal is intact, but it looks like it was dropped on the corner due to mishandling. Probably before the packaging itself, because the bubble wrap was multi-layered and I don't believe this happened during transit. Which makes me wonder if this is why they had priced it at 17k whereas elsewhere it was coming to 17.3k or so.

Honestly I'm a bit scared to open this and find out that it doesn't work. I don't wanna deal with these guys anymore :(

Last edited:
Yes. I agree that their communication was bad. I will recommend PrimeABGB email sales channel. They generally provide lower prices than their online store and shipping is top notch. Have order items totalling over a few lakhs over these years without any issue.

Yes. I agree that their communication was bad. I will recommend PrimeABGB email sales channel. They generally provide lower prices than their online store and shipping is top notch. Have order items totalling over a few lakhs over these years without any issue.
I recommend PrimeAGBG too. I have used most of the online stores, MD, Vedant, Prime and Prime has always been topnotch in their shipping and packaging. They also have their issues like the recent Asus GPU fiasco but at least they care about packaging high value items properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back