CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nakoda is also good i guess, oasis and delta are great but right now none of them seem to have GPU prices at current online market prices which is sad. My friend is looking to buy a 3060ti and they're quoting 60k+

Which shop at Ritchie Street would you recommend for fair pricing?

I'd much rather get the Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 offline so that I can start building as soon as the CPU arrives.
My last upgrade was from Delta. Bought Ryzen 5600x, asrock b550 steel legend, hyperx ram and as500 cooler from them. you can check their pricelist here
Pricing will be more or less the same.

So I've had enough time to think about the 12600k vs 12700 thing and I believe that the 12600K should do well. Especially considering that I'm aiming to upgrade in 2 yrs anyway. The only thing that i was super bummed about about the 12600k was that I had a B660M Mobo so I was neither here nor there, as in I neither had the option to overclock nor had the 2 extra cores i would have had with the 12700 + B660 combo.

But now that the mobo is being returned unexpectedly, this opens up the room for me to pair the 12600k with a Z690 and I think that is a lot more sensible combination than wasting away the K on a mobo that can't use it. And also the z690 also might just age much better than the b660. And it also offers much better memory overclocking with the K CPU. And I'd love to have 4 m.2 slots! So I'm feeling a lot better about my overall build now.

I'm getting the 12600k tomorrow and fingers crossed it isn't damaged. Then I can finish my build within this weekend. I just can't do it on weekdays and it would suck to have it all sit there for a whole week.

I've reached out to Delta Peripherals and they say they have it but will update me on the pricing tomorrow. And I'm also in touch with IT Depot to see how quickly they can deliver. So far they've been able to deliver within 2 days even on items marked as against order, which is impressive. So I'll go with either of those depending on which makes most sense.

So I've had enough time to think about the 12600k vs 12700 thing and I believe that the 12600K should do well. Especially considering that I'm aiming to upgrade in 2 yrs anyway. The only thing that i was super bummed about about the 12600k was that I had a B660M Mobo so I was neither here nor there, as in I neither had the option to overclock nor had the 2 extra cores i would have had with the 12700 + B660 combo.

But now that the mobo is being returned unexpectedly, this opens up the room for me to pair the 12600k with a Z690 and I think that is a lot more sensible combination than wasting away the K on a mobo that can't use it. And also the z690 also might just age much better than the b660. And it also offers much better memory overclocking with the K CPU. And I'd love to have 4 m.2 slots! So I'm feeling a lot better about my overall build now.

I'm getting the 12600k tomorrow and fingers crossed it isn't damaged. Then I can finish my build within this weekend. I just can't do it on weekdays and it would suck to have it all sit there for a whole week.

I've reached out to Delta Peripherals and they say they have it but will update me on the pricing tomorrow. And I'm also in touch with IT Depot to see how quickly they can deliver. So far they've been able to deliver within 2 days even on items marked as against order, which is impressive. So I'll go with either of those depending on which makes most sense.

No offense, but I've never seen anyone flip flop as much as you on a PC purchase. With the number of times you've changed components, I'd highly advise you to be extremely thorough when considering the next purchase.

No offense, but I've never seen anyone flip flop as much as you on a PC purchase. With the number of times you've changed components, I'd highly advise you to be extremely thorough when considering the next purchase.
None taken. You're right. But it's almost over. I finally have everything and I've learned quite a lot about all the options. I'll definitely know more about what I want/need and about what's out there and what to look for, the next time I go for it. And most importantly, I'm happy with what I've ended up with. I think thats worth all the flip flopping.

Last edited:
None taken. You're right. But it's almost over. I finally have everything and I've learned quite a lot about all the options. I'll definitely know more about what I want/need and about what's out there and what to look for, the next time I go for it. And most importantly, I'm happy with what I've ended up with. I think thats worth all the flip flopping.
Even I’m in a very similar dilemma though my usage is just restricted to gaming. It would be helpful if you could share your final build with us after the roller coaster ride you’ve been in.

Hey everyone, I just got all the parts (I got the Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 motherboard locally from Delta Peripherals) and finished my build.

But unfortunately there is an issue :(

I've detailed it here

Can someone who knows these things help out?

I am the highest authority who replied to your email
Mai kabhi bhi is site se kuch nahi kharidunga, even if they are giving 99% discount. Arrogance.
This. If the highest authority is like this one can guage the attitude that flows from top to bottom. Employees may be good but since the owner(or whatever the person is) doesn't care, how much can one expect of them. TLG might have sealed a guaranteed customer in OP had they been accommodating but they ended up losing op's trust and with a negative perception from a bunch of people here.

I moved to Bangalore in 2004 and since then, whenever I need to buy computer parts, I go to single shop in SP Road. Early years I used to keep saying that I only buy from them. Now, whenever I go to the store, the owner of the store recognizes me. I also follow him on FB. His prices are a little higher but every single product I purchased at that stored lasted long, a bit too long. We keep on upgrading these components year over year over year over year, I would recommend to build trust and good relation with one good store in your locality. It takes time and it is worth it. I did buy some components online but those are under 5k and I did that during covid times as I could not go to these stores.

The most important thing: Do a thorough homework before you zero in on a purchase.

This. If the highest authority is like this one can guage the attitude that flows from top to bottom. Employees may be good but since the owner(or whatever the person is) doesn't care, how much can one expect of them. TLG might have sealed a guaranteed customer in OP had they been accommodating but they ended up losing op's trust and with a negative perception from a bunch of people here.
Guys, aren't we reading too much into the highest authority, OP asked for someone senior, he replied saying, there is no one above him. Not sure how this came through as attitude?

Guys, aren't we reading too much into the highest authority, OP asked for someone senior, he replied saying, there is no one above him. Not sure how this came through as attitude?
Yea. If I ask for a manager after talking to an escalation manager he's gonna say there isnt anyone above me. In the literal sense, if the owner of the shop replied back to your email then there really is no one above him. Unless there is mass boycott, such shops stand to lose very little from losing a customer or 10.

I agree with this. But wanna add some points.

First, yes it was my fault for not having done sufficient research. Second, they are within their right to enforce their store policy strictly. And it's quite obvious that no one here is accusing them of cheating or being unethical. They've acted within their rights.

But there are a few things they could have obviously done better:-
  1. First, they could learn to address their customer with more respect. I've literally paid you for a couple of high value items totalling nearly 42k (for mobo and CPU) and I have a lot more items in my list to purchase that I could have potentially purchased from you if not for this incident here. The least you can do is not treat me like I'm out to cheat you. First Mr. Akash Khatri chides me for research lapse like he's my school principal reprimanding me for poor grades. And then Mr. Aditya Rathore, basically starts off with accusing me of being unreasonable and then (in the reddit thread) accuses me of playing the "victim card". Like dude, learn to present yourself in a less aggressive way and stop accusing people you don't even know, of things that you can't even be sure of! I am not even saying that Akash is wrong about it being my fault, but that's not something you say to your customer, especially not like that. And I'm not even saying that they should honor my request and compromise on their policy for the sake of customer retention. Just that a better way to say the same exact thing would have been - "We wish we could do more to satisfy your request. But unfortunately we are unable to make an exception at this time." and leave it at that. You don't have to make me feel like an idiot for my "research lapse". Sure it's my fault, but it doesn't serve you to be the one to point that out like you're my superior or something. Simple diplomacy and tactful wording in communications can help your customer relations, without needing you to compromise on your policies.
  2. Second, when I came to them with the request for a return, I was willing to hear suggestions on how we can make this right. I was open to deductions on the shipping (to and fro) to start with, and even open to a restocking fee. And honestly, even simply refusing the package for refund in the form a store voucher. This way they didn't even have to return my money. They could simply have achieved the following things:-
    1. Helped me not own a product I didn't want to own, thereby leaving me a satisfied customer
    2. Get their item back in the same condition they sent me
    3. Not have to refund my money
    4. Have me buy their other products.

Boom, everybody wins. Honestly, any seller interested in earning a satisfied returning customer and building their reputation and sales would be open to this. But these guys instead chose to take on an adversarial stance rather than exploring options to help out their customer feel satisfied (even if it was the customer's mistake). It takes some maturity and wisdom to get to this. But all I got was a whole lot of defensiveness, aggression and gaslighting. :/
I just noticed that they have deleted their aggressive comments on reddit. I'm honestly happy for them that at least now they realized that publicly gaslighting their customers for an honest mistake was a dumb move.

Yeah basically he was accusing me of buying an item from him that he had priced aggressively. I never had an issue with their pricing of items. I don't even know how I'm at fault for buying an item that they offered at an aggressive price. Maybe you're at fault for buying from them? I don't even know.

Also, the motherboard they sent me wasn't even packed in an outer box. They just bubble wrapped it and sent the OEM box. And when I opened the bubble wrap this is what I saw.
View attachment 131533

The seal is intact, but it looks like it was dropped on the corner due to mishandling. Probably before the packaging itself, because the bubble wrap was multi-layered and I don't believe this happened during transit. Which makes me wonder if this is why they had priced it at 17k whereas elsewhere it was coming to 17.3k or so.

Honestly I'm a bit scared to open this and find out that it doesn't work. I don't wanna deal with these guys anymore :(
Oh damn. I ordered from them too and now I'm worried how the state of it will be when it reaches me.
So here is some snippets from shipping Policy of TLG Gaming:

Now, OP and other members are aware of shop's "Policy". So shop's responsibility ends after getting tracking id.
Sab buyer ki galti hai, we have clarified everything in advance.
That's insane. Will never order from them again. I just hope my product arrives and is in good condition.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add this in as a historical update. So I got the refund for the damaged motherboard. I ended up having to pay the return courier out of my pocket though. It cost me Rs. 310 and an hour of my time to wrap it all back up and send it back. I emailed them and asked them on WhatsApp about reimbursement for the return shipping. Got no replies to the email. On WhatsApp, their employee (Kartik) said it's not possible. Their official policy on the site only states reimbursement in cases where they sent a wrong product.

So basically, if you order something and it arrived damaged, you pay a penalty for it even though none of it was your fault. Talk about unfriendly policies :/

Also, my account on their website has been blocked. This is what I see when I try to login:-

Screenshot from 2022-04-24 20-01-42.png

So they've basically locked me out. Not sure if this is just for me or if there is a bug.

Either ways, I won't ever be needing an account here ever. Just laying it all out here so that others can also use all this information to be better informed customers.

Last edited:
The policies screenshot posted earlier in this thread are some of the most malicious policies for the customer I've ever seen. They basically have 0 insurance for themselves in case of such happenings and want to **** the customer over. I'd advise just don't do business with them, there are plenty of other options.

BTW your screenshot in latest post is not visible.

The policies screenshot posted earlier in this thread are some of the most malicious policies for the customer I've ever seen. They basically have 0 insurance for themselves in case of such happenings and want to **** the customer over. I'd advise just don't do business with them, there are plenty of other options.

BTW your screenshot in latest post is not visible.
Fixed the screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back