PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

Re: PlayStation 4 in production by end of year?

I heard games are being developed for ps4. But i still insist that ps3 should stay for a long period of time.

nish_pinto said:
I heard games are being developed for ps4. But i still insist that ps3 should stay for a long period of time.

Those are rumors re....

Take my word and enjoy ur ps3...

soon ps3 game are going to cheap in india has game disc are going made in india itself...

Right now all ps3 game disc are imported

ps3 games going to be cheap? Just like how the Pc games went cheap? for eg GTA IV, i got it for only some 450 bucks.

gaganjain said:
Those are rumors re....

soon ps3 game are going to cheap in india has game disc are going made in india itself...

OH YEAH :eek:hyeah:!! That is going to be sooooo awesome!!!! :yeah:
is goi

I heard they were building some motion tracking system ala Kinect as an inherent feature of the console also , integrating move into the existing controllers too.

Offcourse all just rumors at this stage anyways :)

PS4 is a long way to go right now, it has the hardware to go couple of more years before they actually start proudicing it, plus i am sure the would wait for MS to start production first.

I don't think there would be any hardware revision in the upcoming PS3. PS3 has not been fully utilized yet by the Game Developers. Its a powerhouse for sure. The chips may not be powerful enough compared to today's desktop CPUs but PS3 beats desktop in terms of graphics. So IMO there is no need of hardware revision until and unless they want to harden the security of the console.

gaganjain said:
Those are rumors re....

Do you have any source to confirm this? If this is true, I will surely buy PS3 soon. Moreover, XBox will crash and burn in India if PS3 games are <1K and Xbox 360 games are 2.5k.

Even if they release PS4, they will still sell PS3. Sony likes to have their consoles on shelf for atleast 10 years. Just look at PS2, it is still being sold for 99 dollars in my town despite PS3 being released nearly 5 years ago. So PS3 will also have longer shelf life. I do not know about you guys, but I am still happy and content with PS3 graphics. Sure it is not going to beat current tech. I would say lets wait till Uncharted 3 to release to see our PS3's potential.

kuld33p said:
I don't think there would be any hardware revision in the upcoming PS3. PS3 has not been fully utilized yet by the Game Developers. Its a powerhouse for sure. The chips may not be powerful enough compared to today's desktop CPUs but PS3 beats desktop in terms of graphics. So IMO there is no need of hardware revision until and unless they want to harden the security of the console.

What???? r u nuts ???? :O

hellgate said:
What???? r u nuts ???? :O

if you compare the power of ps3 which was released 5 years ago with a pc built 5years ago then pc=phail. and still ps3 exclusive games like god of war 3, uncharted 2 and killzone 3 looks awesome.....

Yeah i read tghe same on some website..Why would they spoil the sales of their new PS3 move bundles..Ps3 is already going good..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bluffmaster said:
No next-gen PlayStation for 'quite some time,' says Tretton

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) boss Jack Tretton has indicated that a successor to the PlayStation 3 won’t see the light of day anytime soon.

PSU[/URL]

Yeah i read they same on some website..Why would they spoil the sales of their new PS3 move bundles..Ps3 is already going good..

Can't see a PS4 coming out sooner than Q3 2013. Prove me wrong sony? On another note, don't!

rajveersingh09 said:
If PS3 GAMES are <1k We wont be needing the CFW and can enjoy the full updated version of PS3 :)
I guess the mods let us freely talk about ahem stuff these days, if not directly :p. It's pretty unavoidable in the world of tech I suppose.

I mean, you're just saying that the reason for CFW will be for ahem stuff, and nothing else :p

With the release of wii U in 2012, don't you guys think that next gen ps could launch soon :-?

BF1983 said:
Its a bit funny about the part where they say they are unsure on what the name will be.

First gen- Playstation

Second gen- Playstation 2

Third gen - Playstation 3

Fourth gen - Playstation 4 !!! :p
I somehow skipped this comment earlier. No, its not at all funny because 4 is considered an unlucky number in Japanese. Maybe that is why that article sounded surprised.

The Japanese don't like the number 4 and 9 because of their pronunciation. Four is pronounced "shi" which is the same pronunciation as death. Nine is pronounced "ku" which has the same pronunciation as agony or torture.

There are many hospitals that don't have these numbers as the room number or even the floor number. The Japanese also dislike Friday the13th, though many of them are not Christians. There are no seats with numbers 4, 9 and 13 on passenger planes of the All Nippon Airways.

^Quite interesting! So that probably means they will name the console like the new 'PS Vita' instead of the numbers.

Pureisutēshon shi doesn't sound too good either. :p

PS4 Release Date - The Countdown Begins

Although we've yet to see what the PS3 can fully do when really put through its paces (in fact Sony states that games currently on the market are not even close to pushing the system to its full potential), the thought of an even more powerful console looming on the horizon has gamers worried about the holes it will leave burning in their pockets, but giddy at the possibilities of what this new behemoth of a console will be able to pull off. Just imagine the advanced hardware on this thing, it will be insane!

PS4 Release Date - The Countdown Begins | PS4 - Playstation 4

http://www.ps4playstation4.com/flash/PS4-CountDown.swf

Back