PlayStation 4 - News, Rumors & Speculations

Will you buy a PS4 with these specs... (Rumor and fantasy but wish It was true)

Rumoured Specs
CPU – Cell Broadband Engine X @ 3.2GHz – 16PPE’s – 128 SPE’s
GPU – Custom Nvidia/SCEI “quantum Leap” @2GHz
Memory – 10GB XDR2 + 10GB GDDR6
Storage Capacity – 250GB/320GB Model depending
OS – Sony Aether
Video Resolution – 2160p 2D – 1080p 3D
Audio – 11.1
Media Formats – PS4 Game Disc – PS3 Game Disc – PS2 Game Disc – PS1 Game Disc – HD Blu Ray Disc – DVD – CD
Controller Input – Dualshock 4 – Dualshock 3 – PS Iris – PS Vita – PS Omni – PS Certified Xperia – Sony Tablet – PS Move – PS Eye – Sixaxis
Connectivity – USB 3.0 – HDMI 1.4 – Bluetooth 4.0 – WiFi b/g/n – DLNA – Ethernet – PS Vita – Memory Cards SD/MMC/etc

Source : Games - Enthllung der PlayStation 4 - Datenblatt mit Hardware-Fakten aufgetaucht › playNATION › Gaming News, Spiele-Tests, Trailer und mehr

Video Resolution – 2160p :O , damn , its not a far feteched future , but all those above specs looks way too unrealistic . how much will it cost, if that specs makes its way, then its a pure win for us at a decent price tag :p

Media Formats:
– PS4 Game Disc
– PS3 Game Disc
– PS2 Game Disc
– PS1 Game Disc

– HD Blu Ray Disc – DVD

– CDController Input:
– Dualshock 4
– Dualshock 3

– PS Iris – PS Vita – PS Omni – PS Certified Xperia – Sony Tablet – PS Move – PS Eye – Sixaxis

Sony came to its senses...???

Btw, adding the stats for ps3 would have been good for a comparison for many others as well.

They say its GFX is euivalent to HD7670..
Either way, i think its a good upgrade from PS3.
Hopefully we can play PS2,PS3 games on it, and all regions BluRay..

Just another bunch of rumors. I read somewhere else that AMD's providing the GPU.

Aye. And they are ditching cell architecture for something else. Again speculation.

Knowing Sony, they will again create some weirdness so that multiplatform games suffer.
For once just go mainstream.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think this E3 has anything in store for us as far as the PS4 goes. I think Sony has made that very clear. They might as well have a separate press event for the news.

PlayStation 4 Specifications Leaked | Are Complete BS!

[h=2]The leaked specifications of the PlayStation 4/Orbis are making rounds on the Internet. Here’s why I say it’s all Crap.[/h]
[h=3]Specifications at a glance (click for source)[/h]
  • AMD Fusion APU – Codenamed ‘Liverpool’
  • AMD x86 Quad Core at 3.2 GHz
  • ATI r10xx (3rd generation) GFLOPS at 800 MHz and 1843 – Codename “Tahiti”
  • Unified 2GB of memory (still uncertain, this can be 4GB)
  • Blu-ray
  • HDMI 1.4 – 1080p output
  • 320GB + HDD
  • 16GB Flash Memory
[h=3]1. x86 CPU and GPU Package[/h]
  • The CPU in question is said to be an AMD Fusion (probably quad-core) based on the “Steamroller” cores set to launch in 2013. The problem is, 4 cores would not only be too less, it would be insanely weak against the rumoured (and probably more authentic) 16 Core PowerPC CPU that XBox 720/Durango will hold.
  • The entire board seems to be x86. The CPU, GPU all desktop grade (not even mobile, to save power). If that is the case, why not simply build a PC in a case and sell it as the Playstation 4?
  • Even if it were a quad-core, that too based on AMD’s Steamroller ala Bulldozer enhanced cores, there is serious doubt that it would be clocked at a lowly 3.2GHz. Taking into consideration a 2014 release, we can hope for a 22nm or 20nm manufacturing process. We also know that Bulldozer cores are weak at lower frequencies (they were built to perform by operating at higher frequencies after all), so 3.2GHz on that architecture, with just 4 cores would just be another word for “FLOP”.
  • I don’t see a world where the successor to the mighty and powerful Playstation 3 (with the octa-core Cell processor) would have a weaker processor inside it’s successor, that too nearly after a decade.

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE: The Leaked PS4 Specifications are Bull$h!T

The reason for going with X86 must be because of the problems developers had with the cell architecture. If these specs are genuine then one reason whey they aren't what you would consider fast is maybe because they want to price it low like the Nintendo Wii to gain a larger share of the market...Not everybody is willing to spend $500 and upwards on a console...

Back