PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

I have been able to run more than 150 torrents on BCG
ohyeah.gif
just add a swap file and you are good to go, 4Gb or 32 GB doesn't matter should be above 1Gb.

Gui would be huge resource hog in pogo.

is that all you run on pogo ?

too bad archlinuxarm doesnt support psybnc, theres znc only.

dont u run your irc bouncer or samba alongwith transmission.

running vnc-server on pogo , will it give a gui ? as archlinuxarm is headless.. it will not run i suppose.

I'm never interested in irc.

Running vnc will give but it will drastically slow down system not advisable.

i got my pogo today and i have a query. on the outer box it says model number is p21, while on the device it says e02. so what is the actual model no?
<

^ yup, thanks to you got it for 2252
<

searching for gigabit router and 16/32 gb pen drive for cheap now.

isnt there an app that can be used to download torrent on this plug without rooting it? i took a printout of that installation page.

will rooting the device over write the original firmware on the plug?

I have couple of queries on transmission

1.Can i select the files that are need to be downloaed like utorrent?

2.How do i extract the downloaded file from the pendrive?

Do we have to install samba or is it installed by default ?

Any other recommended apps besides transmission, ftp server and znc ?

Man, took me days to get my psybnc scripts correct and now I gotta learn znc and it's scripts ):

Which will be better in performance rtorrent or transmission ? (lighter on resources)

1. You have to install it.

2. I use Samba, transmission, pyload, MiniDLNA which suffice my usage. You may look at other packages here

I was also new to linux but somehow managed to run it with help of #[member='dinjo'], #[member='varkey']
<

On Linux rtorrent performance is better than transmission but rtorrent port for headless system isn't the best transmission works very well on these devices I even tried deluge but its not that great compared to transmission

I was planning to write a single script which would take care of all basic requirements out of pogo but bhoom my pc is dead now

#[member='6pack'] can you please give me a link from where did you get for Rs.2252/-

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/511110-suggest-me-a-download-solution/page__st__100#entry1728183

you need shopabroad account (free) to get quote first. put 2.3lbs in weight and 10018 in NY pincode. Ny sales tax = yes. after applying adorama coupon of 200 its for 2252. price depends on current rupee vs dollar rate. you can buy directly from quote. use internet explorer.

You didn't read well I mentioned in previous post samba is a interface for windows and you don't install interface at both ends

Thanks #[member='6pack']

#[member='varkey'] I am a total noob with respect to Linux. I know nothing absolutely nothing but I am willing to learn, should I go ahead with the purchase? (I have never touched anything other than Windows)

If your answer is Yes than I have certain questions about the things that I wish the Device should perform before taking the plunge. (I shall create a New thread to get your views on my query if the answer is Yes)

Thanks

Oh ok so how do i connect to the plug via samba?

you know i have ubunty live cd with me know but if iam not able to acceess the root folder from the pendrive it says access denied

so is there anyway to circum vent that and copy the files to my computer?

Back