PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Idk wether it's a daemon or whether it needs a Crontab entry.
<

As for FTP sync folders try winscp or filezilla. But, imo samba will be better. FTP will be another process just running on PC whereas samba will be mapped on PC, kinda triggers only when required.

You can just add /root to samba share and just open the files in windows explorer

Samba is always running on pogo

See if you can't get samba working , ftp won't help in extracting.

Why don't you put some efforts on your side to learn ?

Why don't you put some efforts on your side to learn ?
Epic Burn !!

#ubergeek : Do you mean transfer of files from pogo to your PC ?

Fire up winscp, punch your pogo ip , port 22 , user/pass = root/root ; change protocol to scp and click on login. Now , winscp will open, on right panel is your pogo root folder, go to /root/home/torrent/Diwnloads here u will find your dwnldd files. Just pick and transfer on left panel-ur PC panel

It will be much better to install samba as per archlin guide, via samba you can just open pogo Dwnld files and watch them on your pc

You can even let the pogo do the extraction at its end , my files are auto extracted as soon as download is completed.

You mean from rars?

also i is it safte to delete the downloaded files through win scp?

if i delete a file from archlinux it is deleted for ever rite?

is there a way to shutdown the pgop plug so far i have just been pulling the plug but is there a proper way to d it like how we shutdown windows?

also how od i reboot it after i shut it down?

Pulling the plug would lead to hdd dying in some days.

Go to command prompt and type

Code:
shutdown now -h

Wait for 1 min and then switch off the power

I really fear that someday my HDD will go kaput since many times power goes off in my area....

Any solution for it? I mean some kind of small inverter just for Goflex/pogoplug?

Anyone using noip or ddclient ?

I installed both ,on, noip 30 mins and ddclient 5 min updates. The daemons are running but none of them are reporting correct ip to the respective site. No-ip should be working flawless but only thing is it seems it's not updating. The no-ip2.conf has 0.0.0.0 on it. ddclient file has been updated to check myip and update to opendns site but no one is reporting the correct ip.

It's got to do something on pogo. Any suggestions ?

I really fear that someday my HDD will go kaput since many times power goes off in my area....

Any solution for it? I mean some kind of small inverter just for Goflex/pogoplug?

It's not really that bad. I have my external hard disk connected to my Dockstar and everyday there will be atleast 5-6 power cuts. Never faced any problem at all.

As znc is not having a option to use proxy to connect to internet unlike xchat and other clients, Is there any app in archlinuxarm by which i can stream znc traffic to a proxy ? transmission should connect directly to internet.

In webmin there is the proxy option.

wa6Pq.png

Now, the problem is the username and pass for proxy. Most VPNs use the openvpn software instead of username pass. Any specific free proxy sites dealing with only user:pass for proxy ?

I have put the transmission and samba daemons to not use proxy, i hope thats the correct way to do !!

Its ironic though that znc was designed to be used as proxy bouncer and i am using it on pogo
tongu23e.gif

Has anyone been successful in running xinit and windows manager on pogo ? And which ones ?

I installed openbox, but it requires x-session/xinit, can someone point me on the particular package to install ? openbox gives an error.

Back