PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

^^ The command is cat /proc/cpuinfo

This is what I get:
Code:
-bash-3.2# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1
Cache type      : write-back
Cache clean     : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown  : format C
Cache format    : Harvard
I size          : 16384
I assoc         : 4
I line length   : 32
I sets          : 128
D size          : 16384
D assoc         : 4
D line length   : 32
D sets          : 128
Hardware        : Feroceon-KW
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
So I guess its the Kirkwood based one.

Started the installation, currently its downloading the main OS(150mb)

Ok done. have setup a static IP and a user with sudo access. Transmission and Samba are also setup. Turns out it wasnt that difficult.

^ Thats a Marvel Board

Code:
Processor       : ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
CPU architecture: 5TE
Hardware        : Feroceon-KW

I want to dump nand to a usb device so i can keep a backup of it on my hdd. i used this bash command.

I remember sometime back i had uploaded the nanddump for some user it must be this thread

Here is how you dump your nand, I rather prefer all dump instead of mtd1 only

Code:
/usr/sbin/nanddump -o -f mtd0.dump /dev/mtd0
/usr/sbin/nanddump -o -f mtd1.dump /dev/mtd1
/usr/sbin/nanddump -o -f mtd2.dump /dev/mtd2

i got the nanddumps. 6 in total because i took nanddumps of oob files too. Have them archived in a tar file on my comp now.

before i install any os wanted to ask these questions. Should i install Debian or archlinux?
My usage will be to use it as a torrent downloader or media streamer. So i want a torrent client very much like utorrent. i saw some clients rtorrent and transmission. which is the best?
i want a gui based tool or something similar on the plug to monitor the client.

can i install debian on the plug using Installing Debian on the PogoPlug | This is a blog

mtd0 - 1MB, mtd1 - 4MB, mtd2- 32MB. There are two copies of each mtd, one with oob and one without oob. (oob is some sort of error checking and that file is a bit bigger than normal nanddump).

I will be interested in the kirkwood chip based dumps.

Can you find permanent hosts ? And post links here. May be the first post of thread may link to this post.

i got the nanddumps. 6 in total because i took nanddumps of oob files too. Have them archived in a tar file on my comp now.

before i install any os wanted to ask these questions. Should i install Debian or archlinux?
My usage will be to use it as a torrent downloader or media streamer. So i want a torrent client very much like utorrent. i saw some clients rtorrent and transmission. which is the best?
i want a gui based tool or something similar on the plug to monitor the client.

can i install debian on the plug using Installing Debian on the PogoPlug | This is a blog

As far as your usage is concerned doesn't matter which way you go, Arch Linux have limited packages but most of them are updated.

As for Debian the availability of package is huge and better support but most packages are outdated and some packages require you to build them manually which is not the case of ArchLinux Arm, in a nutshell ArchLinux = iPhone , Debian = Android.

For people who want to be on debian here is rootfs from varkey
Here is the debian rootfs -- http://www.varkey.in/files/debian-rootfs-pogopro-varkey.tar.gz

Just extract it to an ext3 formatted disk. After extracting update your correct ethernet MAC address in /etc/network/interfaces

Also regenerate your SSH keys once your logged it to the debian system as given here -- Ubuntu / Debian Linux Regenerate OpenSSH Host Keys

The default login is root / root and the md5sum of the file is given below

e77e6cfb585c1df7f0f0b0ab6c8796bc debian-rootfs-pogopro-varkey.tar.gz

ArchLinux is easier for newbie can't comment which one is faster.

Any rootfs for the Dockstar, GoFlex Net will work with Pogoplug E02
How does it differs ? I mean which files

Back