PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

I use axel for http download though its a command line downloader but it max out your speed almost as good as IDM.

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#333333] ./fw_setenv arcNumber 3542[/COLOR][/LEFT]

yes I had to install the uboot-env package for that.
Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=monospace]fw_setenv arcNumber 3542 now says [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
Cannot parse config file: Invalid argument.
That's because the config file has all lines commented. the problem is that it only has options for seagate dockstar and iomega iconnect.

Code:
# Configuration file for fw_(printenv/saveenv) utility.
# Up to two entries are valid, in this case the redundand
# environment sector is assumed present.
# MTD device name       Device offset   Env. size       Flash sector size
#/dev/mtd2               0x0000          0x20000         0x20000
# segate dockstar:
# /dev/mtd0               0xc0000         0x20000         0x20000
# iomega iconnect
# /dev/mtd0               0xa0000         0x20000         0x20000

• View topic - LED control on pink pogoplug? this guy says dockstar config works for pogoplug. but maybe he was using a different kernel. don't want to brick my device over these LED's.

^ The config file is same for all these device. If fw_printenv displays the environment settings without any errors, you are safe, then you can go ahead and edit the arcNumber.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Btw the arcNumber should be 2998

@distro : 2998 is for Dockstar and its the same for the Pogoplug in Debian. Maybe the ArchLinux guys are using a separate arcNumber for the Pogoplug. I've always used 2998 for the E02 Pogoplugs. Kernels made for a debian system, may not work with 3542.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone. it worked. now its booted with a green light on.
@manu1991 : Pls share the commands to change light :)
How can you see the Debian desktop ? Are you running the desktop or headless version ?
@varkey : And the arcnumber will differ whether the pogo boots in Debian or arch ?

First install uboot-env

Code:
sudo pacman -Sy uboot-env

then

Code:
 nano /etc/fw_env.config

uncomment the line below seagate dockstar:

/dev/mtd0 0xc0000 0x20000 0x20000

then

Code:
sudo [COLOR=#333333]fw_printenv[/COLOR]
ensure that there are no errors in the output.

then

Code:
fw_setenv arcNumber 3542

and reboot.

@manu1991 thanks for clearing that.
What abt the Debian desktop ? Do u input commands via ssh or can you see the desktop like in ubuntu ?

^^ arch Linux - I couldn't get the desktop running. Anyways, I was trying to get a proper desktop on pogoplug. Will the Debian run a desktop by default on installing ? On arch I tried lot if pkgs but some errors just kept on pouring, so I gave up on that.
@manu1991 , yes, I was asking you abt it. What are you running on your pogo E02 ? I asked since the 3542 arcnumber worked for you.

Depending on the Kernel you are using, this may or may not work

Code:
echo none > /sys/class/leds/dockstar\:orange\:misc/trigger
echo heartbeat > /sys/class/leds/dockstar\:green\:health/trigger

If it doesn't work, just check the /sys/class/leds/ folder, the name of the LED maybe different, so just substitute it accordingly. Put the above two lines in /etc/rc.local to preserve the LED behaviour.

i only get plug:green:health
the code does not work. is arcnumber wrong. it was set to 2xxx something as sheevaplug while installation. (by the installer).

how to access the pogo? typing the ip address in firefox address bar gives me error.
i have installed xrdp, on it.
should transmission or transmission cli be installed for downloading torrents?

i searched all over google, and everyone has written only code for some other os like ubuntu, archlinux, etc. didn't find for debian on pogoplug.
Or maybe i'm too old and cant understand it in the first place. :(

I told you install arch. more help is available for noobs like us. I was able to setup transmission,pyload etc. purely by looking at the guides available. Debian is good once you are well aware of linux commands and the environment. In your case, sudo apt-get install transmission-daemon should work (I have only used Ubuntu and am guessing debian uses similar commands).

dinjo - I know that. but only posted because distro wanted to check it out. the box's hardware isn't powerful enough to run a desktop environment too.

maybe someone should port Android on it. that'd be good.

Back