PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

varkey : And the arcnumber will differ whether the pogo boots in Debian or arch ?

manu1991 , yes, I was asking you abt it. What are you running on your pogo E02 ? I asked since the 3542 arcnumber worked for you.

I guess the ArchLinux kernels support the dedicated arcNumber for the Pogoplug E02. The mainline Debian kernels do not support it I guess.

i only get plug:green:health
the code does not work. is arcnumber wrong. it was set to 2xxx something as sheevaplug while installation. (by the installer).

Changed the arcNumber to 2998 or 3542 if you are on ArchLinux. The orange LED also should get enabled.

^ i'm on Debian. Saw on their forums that it does not have support for led's. Read that changing the arc number makes it unbootable. so i dint touch it.

^ The 2998 ie Dockstar is a supported device and its available on the mainline kernel. So all debian kernels will support the 2998 arcNumber. Not sure about LED support.

Varkey has helped me a lot in answering all my trivial questions regarding ArchLinux. I am not at all accustomed to Linux Environment and needed assistance in almost every step but he replied to all my PM's. Although I have installed ArchLinux but still have some queries so thought would ask here:
Code:
:: The following packages should be upgraded first :    pacman
:: Do you want to cancel the current operation
:: and upgrade these packages now? [Y/n] Y

resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
[COLOR=#ff0000]:: udev and udev-oxnas are in conflict. Remove udev-oxnas? [y/N] N[/COLOR]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: udev and udev-oxnas are in conflict

Should I type Y instead of N as an answer to Remove Udev-Oxnas?

This means, first I type in Y and allow removal of udev-oxnas and install all the packages.
After everything is done I type the command
Code:
pacman -Sy udev-oxnas
to reinstall Udev-oxnas.

I installed all the packages till it said There is nothing to do.
Now I have run pacman -Sy udev-oxnas command and removed Udev. I guess that is it.

How frequently do we need to run
Code:
pacman -Syu
Command?
And will I have to uninstall and reinstall Udev-Oxnas each time?
Also what is the command to properly shut down PogoPlug before disconnecting Power Supply?

-Thanks for your help :)

Ok , I have another query. Is there anyway I can automate that all transmission torrents should start/resume at a fixed time everyday. Anyway would do, either on the plug or from windows or anything basically. This is because my sister comes back from her office at around 8-9, pauses the torrents and by the time she sleeps, forgets to resume them. So say at 3 am, it checks whether the torrents are paused and resumes all of them.

thanks varkey. I seem to stuck in editing the cronjobs list.

Code:
[manu@alarm ~]$ export EDITOR="nano"
[manu@alarm ~]$ sudo crontab -e
Password:
no crontab for root - using an empty one

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

I am unable to edit this. If I press any button, the screen flashes once. Also cant type anything. How I exactly do i edit cronjobs?

If i try to copy paste the command, it says - pattern not found.

Aren't you logged in as root ? You can always schedule transmission with client itself no need for crontab or at

^^ the webgui doesn't have any options for scheduling, how do I schedule it?
I tried with vi and logging in as root too. Its very weird. If i try to type something, it behaves weirdly, pressing * shows a R; pressing * makes a R in the next line

Aren't you logged in as root ? You can always schedule transmission with client itself no need for crontab or at

I find the inbuilt scheduler somewhat limited. You have more flexibility when controlling it using the transmission-remote tool. :)

^^ the webgui doesn't have any options for scheduling, how do I schedule it?
I tried with vi and logging in as root too. Its very weird. If i try to type something, it behaves weirdly, pressing * shows a R; pressing * makes a R in the next line

I just do crontab -e and it opens in nano and you can easily edit. Or just install Webmin - Webmin. You can do all this through a WebUI.

thanks. webmin was very convenient.

this'd work?

8L9Pf.png

Back