PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Ohh some misunderstanding here. my second post which edited was a pyload query.

The transmission query still remains. still figuring out how to run a system wide SOCKS proxy setting.

@distro I could give it a try, by the I am on Archlinux. please exaplain how ?

Also have run into an issue. I tried installing Tsocks to socksify my system. did it with a make -- install command which did not work

Then ran a pacman -S tsocks ... which messed up my ARM box and now I cannot ssh into my VPS gives me a "shell request failed on channel 2" when i try to forward the dynamic port to 8080.

So I did a pacman -Rn tsocks and delete the directory, not sure if it's done a clean uninstall...how do I check if any files remain ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehehe.... Same story here. Even I don't know what shit I have installed from lighttpd to apache and it's so many dependencies. Lol. I am on arch too.

There's a command under archlinuxarm site/ package management. Look for a command which will identify pkgs not rqd on your system and then use auto remove command. It's similar to Debian but its pacman instead of apt-get.
For open Vpn use google to find the installation procedure. I haven't tried it, I have given up. I was trying for znc to go through my VPN but no joy.

@dinjo @varkey

Itwould be nice if anyone of you guys could answer this question
Iam currntly using a 16gb pen drive with my pogo and recently i bought a 32 gb pen drive ,
i formatted the pen drive in ext format through ubuntu live cd
now iam unable to copy the contents of my 16gb pen drive to the new ext3 formated 32 gb pen drive
so can some one tell me how to go on about this?
also this is how i upgrade the storage in pogo rite?

@ubergeek : Connect both pendrives to another linux PC and just give the above command mentioned by @dinjo. Make sure you run it as root, not sudo etc.

@varkey @dinjo
I am getting an error with binary executables like "/bin/ls - cant execute binary files"
I get this error for all commands like "top" "ls" etc etc

Looks like my system has got cranky
How do I go abt re-installing archlinuxarm over the present install ? I think to start off with part with again Downloading the archlinuxarm tar ball and extracting it. Should that be okay ?

Lately, I have developed a liking for Debian. How do I go abt installing Debian over archlinuxarm ? Which step onwards ? I don't want to install Debian on the pogo ram, just on the USB like archlinuxarm.

^ Maybe a corrupt rootfs, not really sure.

Just download the latest ArchLinux rootfs and extract it to your pendrive and it should be back to normal.

Similar to ArchLinux rootfs, a debian rootfs is also available, which can be used to move to debian.

@varkey ; So, to move from arch to Debian, I download the Debian rootfs to /root and "tar -zxvf Debianrootfs.tar.gz" ?
And a reboot.

You need to connect the drive to another linux system or the rescue system and extract the files to the root of the drive not /root. Make sure you extract it as a root user else there may be permission problems.

varkey Thanks for the tip, I was able to extract the arch tar ball safely and the system is back to normal. I downloaded the debian tar ball from your site but debian needed the ext3 format and my usb was ext2 (for arch) and then if i re-format i will lose the data on my usb. Hence , didnt go for debian.

On the other hand, additional usbs dont get auto mounted in pogo, i had to find udid of new drive and then "mkdir /mnt/usbstick" and then mount it there. How to auto-mount additional new usb drives on pogo(arch) ?

Edit: I started samba, it started but gave this error "/etc/rc.d/samba: line 17: /bin/pidof: Permission denied"

From /etc/rc.d/samba ; these are line 16,17 and 18
Code:
for d in ${SAMBA_DAEMONS[@]}; do
            PID=`pidof -o %PPID /usr/sbin/$d`
            [ -z "$PID" ] && /usr/sbin/$d -D

i ran samba as root, there shouldnt be any permission errors ??

Back