PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

^ That is process of installing optware within the original pogoplug os, why do all that when you can run a full blown linux os.

Yes you can use ext3 as well, works fine.

I am running archlinux arm ATM. To shift to Debian, I just remove the archlinux arm USB and insert the usb with extracted varkey's debian.tar.gz image ?
Once I restart pogo with this USB,
I install xvnc and will I be able to use the Debian desktop ?

^ I would ask you why do you need debian ?

First install Archlinux get used to it , compiling packages etc then move to debian

^ I would ask you why do you need debian ?

First install Archlinux get used to it , compiling packages etc then move to debian

doesn't matter whether its archlinux or debian to me. i'm new to linux. so i thought i'd start with debian. i can buy another usb stick and install archlinux on it later if i want.

Edit: Coming across some hurdles.
Should i proceed with this script?
Code:
killall hbwd

cd /tmp
wget http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/install_uboot_mtd0.sh
chmod +x install_uboot_mtd0.sh
./install_uboot_mtd0.sh

#format usb
/sbin/fdisk /dev/sda
# getting some message here that disk has 61591 cylinders or something. i inserted a 4Gb usb drive to format.
so i stopped and quit fdisk. havent done anything after that.

Code:
#create ext2 filesystem
wget http://archlinuxarm.org/os/pogoplug/mke2fs
chmod 755 mke2fs 
./mke2fs /dev/sda1 
mkdir usb 
mount /dev/sda1 usb

give me code to make it ext3 file system :ashamed:

Code:
cd /tmp
wget [URL]http://dev.shyd.de/dockstar/dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh[/URL] #old debootstrap will work
chmod +x dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin
./dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh
After installation is over
cd .. 
umount usb 
/sbin/reboot

help varkey, dinjo. :4df8c89b:

see attachment of log and tell me if anything went wrong.

Edit2: its installing debian currently. :D

Attachments

• log.txt
    8 KB · Views: 377
it installed debian fine and booted into it. now led is orange instead of green. will the code given under 3:installing a new kernel in shyde's page work for me?

I made full format of the usb disk in windows and then the uboot formatted it in linux format. i dont know if its ext3 or 2 now.
i need to download ubuntu. have already downloaded virtualbox to use in windows.

i miss that blinking green light when pogo starts. how to get it back? also led is orange now.

Depending on the Kernel you are using, this may or may not work

Code:
echo none > /sys/class/leds/dockstar\:orange\:misc/trigger
echo heartbeat > /sys/class/leds/dockstar\:green\:health/trigger

If it doesn't work, just check the /sys/class/leds/ folder, the name of the LED maybe different, so just substitute it accordingly. Put the above two lines in /etc/rc.local to preserve the LED behaviour.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

To convert to ext3, you just need to run the following command

Code:
tune2fs -j /dev/sda[B]X[/B]

After that you need to run

Code:
fw_setenv usb_rootfstype ext3

I am archlinux and I get orange light instead I green. :p I am running transmission an other pkgs fine.
Is that okay with orange light or should I do something to get green light.

I have had the orange light right from day one of installing arch

The instructions that varkey posted in post 2 of the thread work fine for pyload 0.4.8. but if I replace it with 0.4.9, it doesnt work and throws out a pid doesnt exist error. any ideas? is it worth upgrading?

I am also interested in changing the led colour if possible.

Code:
[root@alarm leds]# ls
plug:red:misc  status:blue:health  status:green:health

What exactly do I have to do?

pyLoad works for me though i hardly use it the speeds are inconsistent , does not resume after router restarts are some of problems

on OXNAS type

Code:
#Current Color
[root@DINJO ~]$  proled
GREEN
#Change Color
[root@DINJO ~]$  proled orange
ORANGE

Then what do you use for http downloads? The only other one I know is jdownloader but since its java based, it will probably kill the device.

is proled a package you installed? or was it installed by default. anyways I don't think it'll work for kirkwood based devices.

• View topic - Pink Pogo (v2) E02 - What arcNumber? suggests that if the correct arCnumber is set, LED's will work properly. I didnt bother setting it while installing. Can I change it now?

Back