PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Ok good, I ran links today. It was nice TI run it and it's very fast once all graphics and extra stuff is away.

For ice window, is it just install or are there any other packages like any drivers to be installed along with it?

I hope it can run as root. I think x11vnc to be installed and run after Ice to play with it.

thanks varkey, dinjo, distro and others
<

after reading your posts, got a pogo-e2 and installed arch linux

Hey guys?

Currently i have a 16 gig pen drive attached to my plug ,an i wannt add another 16 gigs to it ,i see that there are more usb ports in the back of he plug,

so is there a way to make archlinux se the extra pen drive?

Just plug in and it will mount automatically but the pogo wont boot if you attach both drives together

Oh ok so your saying that i can attach only one pen drive at a give time ? is there any work around for this?
ubergeek , he is saying that when you are booting your pogo after shutdown keep only one USB (with archlinuxarm OS) plugged.

After it boots , just plug in second USB to use it. The second USB will auto mount , and you can straight use it. You can always use as many USB drives at any given time.

OK i get it after t pogo boots i just stick the extra USB into it rite?

but if i shut it down and reboot it while still having the extra USB drive plugged in it wont boot rite?

^ Yes. It may or may not boot. Depends on which pendrive gets initialized first. So its better to keep only one pendrive at boot time.

Sorry for bumping this thread. I bought a pogoplug from jr.com, on the description on the site, it said Pogoplug P21 but at the bottom of the device, it says Model: Pogo E02. So how do i know which model do I have? Also, If I install archlinux, is there any guide/site where I can learn about installing torrent clients etc. I have very little knowledge of linux terminal commands.

Also, once arch is installed, is it possible to revert back.

TIA.

manu1991, its same as P21. I have same model too.
@varkey, @dinjo,
is it necessary to keep ssh password as ceadmin, if i want to run archlinux on it? i think i changed it in my pogoplug.
what are requirements to root the pogoplug?

I was going to root it now, so i have a 4GB usb pendrive ready after reading through - Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3 | Arch Linux ARM

Seems like some files are not even updated on their site. Is a linux OS required just in case?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ under my pogo plug its written E02. On the box P21.
Also on the Pogoplug v2 (Pink/Gray) or E02 page its written,
these are completely different devices and you should NOT follow the guide on the installation tab above. Look in the "ARMv6" section for these models.

I think we should be rooting it with instructions given in the Arm v6 page. I was just going to root it, but think i'll wait for the pros to clarify the doubt.

I want to dump nand to a usb device so i can keep a backup of it on my hdd. i used this bash command.
Code:
-bash-3.2# df
Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock2           32768     15488     17280  47% /
none                    128004        12    127992   0% /tmp
/dev/sda1              3933676        28   3933648   0% /tmp/usb

/dev/mtdblock2 is the nand right? cause i know dev/sda1 is my usb flash drive. whats the command to copy the original pogoplug os to the usb drive?
cat /etc/proc
no such file or directory

Back