PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

Oh ok. What are you using the plug for, which requires video encoding to be done on the device?
@varkey I ordered from one of the two links you provided. One with price rs 2149. The page doesn't show any model number. I hope I ordered the correct one!

Last edited by a moderator:
varkey I ordered from one of the two links you provided. One with price rs 2149. The page doesn't show any model number. I hope I ordered the correct one!

I never linked to the one which costs Rs 2149, that's the Pogoplug Mobile. Both the items that I linked were Pogplug P21s.

Yes its Kirkwood based, similar to the Pogoplug P21 but with a slower processor. You can install Debian as well on it.
pavan547 : I suggested Pogoplug P21 as it has a better hardware and is well supported with lot of documentation.

after six months of enjoyment with this nifty tool -- i messed it up --

Have/had a Archlinuxarm installed Goflex Home.

The OS got corrupted because of pacman -Syuf -- it wouldn't boot -- then i did this --support.goflexhome.hipserv.com/en/reflash/index.html --- still no luck

now the green light would just blink not a steady stable light like usual.

Any way to revive -- reinstall the OS--in system or is it goodbye ?

headless linux pro's assemble -- @dinjo @varkey -- please :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, only your filesystem js corrupt.
Download the root .tar.gz from arch site for your device. Delete the root fs in your present hdd and extract the downloaded one to your Hdd. now insert to pogo and switch on pogo.

Alternatively, if you have a Linux desktop, you can try fsck -y /dev/sda_your-device on your Hdd and then try to boot pogo.

But I've tried resetting it using that seagate reflash to factory method will it have no effect the goflex ? -- i'm yet to try your method -- here goes nothing :p

thanks for replying any more suggestions are welcome while I try this :)

Hopefully, only your filesystem js corrupt.
Download the root .tar.gz from arch site for your device. Delete the root fs in your present hdd and extract the downloaded one to your Hdd. now insert to pogo and switch on pogo.

Alternatively, if you have a Linux desktop, you can try fsck -y /dev/sda_your-device on your Hdd and then try to boot pogo.

You have to get new rootfs and extract on your USB and run pacman -Syu and prepare of surprise , trust me archlinux has now gone through several changes if you are not on systemd you will learn a lot ;-)

I think I've screwed up my device beyond repair --

I tried doing the rootfs copy but I coulnd't delete the files and extraction was failing saying some var dir cannot be created -- I tried a few more times then I got frustrated and formated the partition with ext3 -- still couldn't get it to work -- then I tried doing this -- Seagate GoFlex Home | Arch Linux ARM -- where I got stuck at the ./mke2fs -j /dev/sda1 step--What are my options from here ?

I'm using a linux machine for all this

I have received pogoplug V4 A1 model, don't find guidelines to install bittorrent.

the one guide i read works for V4 B1 model, i think :(

Back