PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

i've taken the hdd out -- and connected it via usb to my linux system and am doing the reinstallation -- will post once reinstallation is done. --

can't run this command as reinstall is on. -- will bepostin here
What does cat /proc/cpuinfo shows ?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think you need to run uboot again only rootfs should be good enough

thanks @distro and @dinjo :)

restoring rootfs seems to have done the trick -- got the device now talking to the computer -- now the dreadful journey of setting it up beings :p

and the worst part being everything is like new now :( -- so have to learn all over again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you should have taken backups. I use Acronis to take a backup of the whole FS once every month. The HDD which had everything installed died on me day before yesterday. All I had to do was restore the backup on a pen drive and have it in the same working state from a few days ago.

Only lxde though i was able to run via a different program which runs better.
which pkgs did u install ?

Just now tried to do full sys upgrade, got this. Any workarounds ?

Code:
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace nss-myhostname with core/systemd? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: python2-requests-0.14 and python2-requests are in conflict
[root@alarm ~]#

Pogoplug comes with a flat head cable, under the label it said

INPUT: 100-240Vac-50-60Hz 400ma

My question is it work out-of-box without needing any converter in Indian voltage.....right ?

Please anyone confirm ? Any owner can confirm ?

Has anyone with a E02 pogoplug and having squeeze installed on it upgraded to wheezy recently? I'm seeing upgrade scripts on doozan's forum for debian wheezy.

Hello to all TE's POGO experts,Greetings.......

After failed (partial success) attempt with ASUS RT-N16 DD-WRT+Transmission Combo (I know I always go back and learn and try), Now I landed to POGOPlug + Arch + Transmission Combo.

Before that the fact I must mentioned here, POGO I bought from iBhejo.com which is shipped from ADORAMA which I received is Black version perfectly good top class condition,but the box out side says Model : POGO-P21 with MAC address & Product Serial.....but bottom sticker of the actual hardware says Model:- POGO-E02 with same Mac Address & Product Serial.

1. Now the first question is it nothing but a good, imported paper weight ?

Anyhow after activating the device (Cloud server thing) I followed Aaron Randall Blog (pre-requirement) to prepare part. After enabling SSH and other stuff it didn't let me load optware.

(here the page I followed Aaron Randall - Software Developer: Customising your Pogoplug). This the time I realize the fishy model name outside the box & bottom sticker.

So I made my mind, That I'm going to sacrifice the cloud capability and flash to ARCH Linux | Arm version. So I head over here as mine is E02 and did what this page says ( Pogoplug v2 (Pink/Gray) | Arch Linux ARM ) takes whole night (5 hrs) to load everything.

-------- End of my Activity ----------

Now my pogoplug boot up ----- The front light is green and steady ------

I can SSH via putty......but but......

my username & password is root & ceadmin where archlinux guide page it says it must be username : root & pass : root.

So my question is this, after everything ArchLinux not loaded to the Pogo and it dead......right ?

Now here is a Screenshot with cat /proc/cpuinfo

exUgDhE.png

password is always root , did you do the exact ways in the steps described i.e followed ALL steps.

password is always root , did you do the exact ways in the steps described i.e followed ALL steps.

Yes.....I followed all the steps as mentioned on the Arch Linux page. From Point 1 to 10.

Though I don't need to excute Point 9 which is Linux - Mac thing....I did it on windows 7.

One thing I used 4GB usb drive with ext2 file format as mentioned in the guide.....with no partition.

varkey.....if I place the usb stick which contains linux stuff the front led turns yellow steady.....What that means ?

------------

Need to clear here something, Do I need to put the USB stick (linux contain) every time before I boot up ? If yes please note, If I did that POGO didn't came up with Steady Green Light which I believe is normal ..... instead it is a steady Yellow light.

In that case I can't SSH or Login..... Please help !!
--------------

dinjo how I can do install_uboot_mtd0.sh ? Do I need to do this without usb drive pluged in. Please clarify.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently I'm doing again the whole procedure, now on 1GB USB pen drive as Linux instllation only take 606 mb out of 4GB. Finger cross if this time it will be alright..

^ The OS resides in the USB stick so it has to be connected at all times. If no USB stick is present it boots from the internal NAND ie the default pogoplug OS.

From your post it looks like the installation wasn't successful or you may need to use a different USB stick.

steady yellow light is default for e02 since it does not have led colour set in default archlinux setup i guess. it is normal.
for ssh login, etc you might need to reserve the same ip address in your router settings, since every time pogo boots it will try and get a new ip address via dhcp.

Thanks varkey for the clearing up the confusion, Since last time I post here I tried four time in 3 different USB stick to download the ArchLinuxARM-armv5te which is stuck and stalled just around 74-75% just 37-40min ETA time (114MB) shows, what to do ?

Seems like I'm stuck here forever. I'm using Bsnl 750 Unlimited plan.

It just stucked right now......

Back