PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

I know default pogoplug uses bash commands. the debian build of pogoplug uses bash commands. so if archlinux uses bash, then here's a complete list of bash commands - An A-Z Index of the Bash command line for Linux | SS64.com

For shutting down, you can use this - /sbin/shutdown -h now
for reboot - /sbin/reboot

before installing transmission make sure your archlinux is fully updated to latest packages by running this command:
pacman -Suy

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Transmission
install cli package only like varkey said. Transmission web interface will be available on the 9091 port of whatever ip address the pogoplug has from the router. ex - http://192.168.1.100:9091/

3 - cant understand your question. do you mean to ask will downloading torrents using transmission corrupt the installation or the drive? if you mean the system, no. if you mean the drive -no. we've been running it from past year without anything going corrupt. the only drawback i guess is the external hdd is defragmented by around 70%. btw, after installing transmission, you should make it download torrents to hdd instead of the usb stick. you will need to go back a few pages where dinjo, varkey or someone has given the steps to change transmission settings (after stopping transmission).

/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start

i might be wrong about the /etc/init.d part. dunno where transmission installs by default in archlinux.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

DAEMONS=`ls -1 /etc/rc.d`

for D in ${DAEMONS}
do
   rc.d stop ${D} 
done

sync

echo "Working on Swap"
swapoff /media/Data/swapfile.img

sleep 5

echo "Trying external umount"
umount /media/media 

if [ $? != 0]; then
  echo "Unmount failed, umounting in readonly mode"
  umount -rl /media/Data
fi

echo "Shutting down"
shutdown -h now

Apart from that i dont use any daemons and rather execute things only when i attach my external HDD which is achieved by udev rules

/etc/udev/rules.d/90-media-by-label.rules
Code:
#!/bin/bash
KERNEL=="sdb2", ACTION=="add", RUN+="/root/startProcess.sh"

startProcess.sh takes care of starting , enabling swap for me

Noob Query ;

This is the proof of successful Arch Linux Installation....Right ? Please Confirm.

Please notice Putty change it's name to root@alarm.... why ?

TRojQOK.png

Can you give me a guide for installation of pyload through yaourt ?
Code:
[root@alarm ~]# yaourt -S pyload

==> Downloading pyload PKGBUILD from AUR...
x pyload.conf
x pyload.install
x PKGBUILD
Comment by dhead666  (2013-02-17 09:08)
It seems to me (linux n00b) that for a service one should consider adding install script to create a user  group for the service, a good example in aur is transmission-cli.

Comment by dhead666  (2013-02-17 09:31)
p.s.
to keep things a little more tidy please consider moving the default config folder for the service to /var/lib/pyload

Comment by onny  (2013-02-17 18:34)
@dhead666: agreed, fixed that.

Comment by KenjiTakahashi  (2013-02-17 18:54)
pyload.service checksum fails

Comment by simontunnat  (2013-02-18 09:41)
Could you please update the checksum for the pyload.service file?

pyload 0.4.9-11  (Wed Feb 10 06:29:26 IST 2010)
( Unsupported package: Potentially dangerous ! )
==> Edit PKGBUILD ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
==> ------------------------------------
==> n

==> pyload dependencies:
 - python2 (already installed)
 - python2-crypto (already installed)
 - python2-pycurl (already installed)
 - tesseract (already installed)
 - python-imaging (already installed)
 - python2-jinja (already installed)
 - python-beaker (already installed)
 - python2-pyopenssl (already installed)

==> Edit pyload.install ? [Y/n] ("A" to abort)
==> ------------------------------------------
==> n

==> Continue building pyload ? [Y/n]
==> --------------------------------
==>
==> Building and installing package
==> WARNING: Building package as root is dangerous.
 Please run yaourt as a non-privileged user.
==> Making package: pyload 0.4.9-11 (Wed Feb 20 10:08:55 IST 2013)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Downloading 0.4.9...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100 1545k  100 1545k    0     0  34004      0  0:00:46  0:00:46 --:--:-- 32507
  -> Downloading pyload-gui.desktop...
100   184  100   184    0     0    230      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   230
  0     0    0   423    0     0    155      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--   293
  -> Downloading pyload.desktop...
100   184  100   184    0     0    256      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   256
  0     0    0   444    0     0    174      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--   435
  -> Downloading pyload-gui.png...
100   184  100   184    0     0    237      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   237
  0     0    0  8093    0     0   2967      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:-- 10551
  -> Downloading pyload.svg...
100   184  100   184    0     0    419      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   420
  0     0    0  4046    0     0   1754      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--  2959
  -> Downloading pyload.service...
100   282    0   282    0     0    149      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--   149
  -> Found pyload.conf
==> Validating source files with sha512sums...
    0.4.9 ... Passed
    pyload-gui.desktop ... Passed
    pyload.desktop ... Passed
    pyload-gui.png ... Passed
    pyload.svg ... Passed
    pyload.service ... FAILED
    pyload.conf ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build pyload.
==> Restart building pyload ? [y/N]
==> -------------------------------
==>
getting error - pyload.service FAILED while validating sources :(

- - - Updated - - -

Noob Query ;

This is the proof of successful Arch Linux Installation....Right ? Please Confirm.

Please notice Putty change it's name to root@alarm.... why ?

Yep your arch installation is done .
Putty after successfully logging to a host , displays the currently logged username and the device name . In this case root is your logged user and alarm is the host name/alias.

I know default pogoplug uses bash commands. the debian build of pogoplug uses bash commands. so if archlinux uses bash, then here's a complete list of bash commands - An A-Z Index of the Bash command line for Linux | SS64.com

For shutting down, you can use this - /sbin/shutdown -h now
for reboot - /sbin/reboot

before installing transmission make sure your archlinux is fully updated to latest packages by running this command:
pacman -Suy

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Transmission
install cli package only like varkey said. Transmission web interface will be available on the 9091 port of whatever ip address the pogoplug has from the router. ex - http://192.168.1.100:9091/

3 - cant understand your question. do you mean to ask will downloading torrents using transmission corrupt the installation or the drive? if you mean the system, no. if you mean the drive -no. we've been running it from past year without anything going corrupt. the only drawback i guess is the external hdd is defragmented by around 70%. btw, after installing transmission, you should make it download torrents to hdd instead of the usb stick. you will need to go back a few pages where dinjo, varkey or someone has given the steps to change transmission settings (after stopping transmission).

/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon stop
/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start

i might be wrong about the /etc/init.d part. dunno where transmission installs by default in archlinux.

Thanks again 6pack for your post, I'm able to install Arch on my Pogo and Shut Down and Reboot 2 or 3 times till now....and it looks like All Right. Thanks a lot......You wrote the command in your post.

Thanks for the another update command which is

pacman -Suy

I'm able to update Archlinux package.

Then I again Shutdown / Reboot just for examine....it boot back right.

Again lots of goggling I discover microscopic print in wiki page how to install transmission-cli which is

pacman -S transmission-cli

Anyhow after this I can't able to see web interface of transmission http://my.pogoplug.ip:9091 via any browser.......

proled command didn't work either

proled is only for OXNAS devices.

If you see what error you are getting while accessing transmission it would save your as well others time

I was able to backup an image of the archlinux install on usb using the Image USB freeware utility from Tools for OSForensics - ImageUSB - Write an image to multiple USB Flash Drives and restore the image to a larger capacity micro SD card. The copy of the install on the micro-SD card (attached to the plug via micro-SD to USB adapter) and the source USB both work fine after using this utility. Windows freeware used(Linux purists, please excuse) to do this but everything works without any problems. Might be useful for those still hesitant to let go of Windows or those just looking to avoid fiddling around with the cli when possible.

Since the copy had a larger capacity and had unallocated space, I used fdisk to add a logical partition using the unallocated freespace, saved changes in fdisk, rebooted(since I couldn't find partprobe), setup a filesystem using mke2fs on the logical partition and then mounted it so that it could be used.

Thought this might be useful for new users of Linux.

proled is only for OXNAS devices.

If you see what error you are getting while accessing transmission it would save your as well others time

I getting "unable to connect" @ firefox and "The Webpage is not available" @ chrome.

just like default page in those browser when your net is down or you type name web address which does not exists.

Download webmin which http://my.pogoplug.ip:10000, which shows the same .....no luck either.
--------------------------------------

My pogoplug ip is 192.168.1.192 , here

jEAceMS.png

Webmin access as @ FF :10000

ca6zNQa.png

getting error - pyload.service FAILED while validating sources :(

Yes, I too found that the pyLoad package would not work (just a bit after I posted the link), so began trying to work out how to adapt varkey's instructions right at the start of this thread to the new systemd service method of daemon startup.

These were the instructions I followed from varkey's original post (#2 on this thread):

1. pacman -Sy python2 python-pycurl

2. Create a symbolic link for python to python2

ln -s /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python

3. Download and extract the pyLoad source package change the package version 0.4.9 to whatever is the latest and greatest pyLoad version:

wget http://download.pyload.org/pyload-src-v0.4.9.zip

unzip pyload-src-v0.4.8.zip

4. Go to the folder in which pyLoad was extracted and run:

python pyLoadCore.py -s

5. Set the download path and login data etc. When it asks for type of webserver, choose 'threaded'

6. If you extracted the pyload files in step 3 to /home/pyload then run the following command (adjust the path depending on where the extract was done):

ln -s /home/pyload/pyLoadCore.py /usr/bin/pyLoadCore

Since the rest of the instructions were for the old method of daemon configuration (i.e.) initscript versus systemd service. I just executed /usr/bin/pyLoadCore --daemon and I now see the pyLoad login page at http:<IP>:8000

Now to try and figure out how to create a systemd service file since arch no longer uses the initscripts that were in varkey's instructions from a while ago. This can be done through webmin or the cli, I guess. If you figure this out or someone else has this info, please post.

So its not running right.

Code:
pacman -S pyload openssl python2-pyopenssl js
Modify ~/.pyload/pyload.conf to match your needs

/etc/systemd/system/pyload.service

Code:
[Unit]
Description=Downloadtool for One-Click-Hoster written in python.
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/home/$USER/.pyload/pyload.pid
ExecStart=/usr/bin/pyLoadCore --daemon
KillSignal=SIGQUIT
User=$USER

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Start
Code:
systemctl start pyload
Enable on Boot
Code:
systemctl enable pyload

@dissel, have you white listed your computer ip address range 192.168.1.xx in archlinux? by default it will drop all incoming connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
please let me know which process need to start and if possible please post the command line .......

- - - Updated - - -

please let me know which process need to start and if possible please post the command line .......

So its not running right.
Code:
 pacman -S pyload openssl python2-pyopenssl js
Modify ~/.pyload/pyload.conf to match your needs /etc/systemd/system/pyload.service
Code:
 [Unit] Description=Downloadtool for One-Click-Hoster written in python. After=network.target   [Service] Type=forking PIDFile=/home/$USER/.pyload/pyload.pid ExecStart=/usr/bin/pyLoadCore --daemon KillSignal=SIGQUIT User=$USER   [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
Start
Code:
systemctl start pyload
Enable on Boot
Code:
systemctl enable pyload
Nice, thanks. Will try this.

Try to use google instead of waiting for answers you will learn a lot no one is ready to handhold each and every step

^ transmission & webmin both are not running. starting transmission command is given in my post above. btw, both transmission & webmin should start automatically if pogoplug is rebooted.

Hey guys so i plugged in back the pogoplug today after giving it a 2 month break,

So while doing a package update it says Replace dbus-core with core/dbus?
Total download size is 133MB

What does that mean ?

Back