PogoPlug Pro - Discussion Thread

300 mbps is the wifi/WLAN speed. The speed on LAN (cable) is 100 mbps so ~11 mBps is theoritically the maximum speed you can get on this router.

Guys my pogoplug has wheezy installed and my EVDO connection is connected to it . It autodials and is shared through Ethernet to other devices . Which download manager with GUI to use to download from password protected ftp with resume
I tried
uget but download speed doesn't go above 70Kbps when same time same file i get 250Kbps on Windows
and filezilla same issue , download speed doesn't cross 120/130Kbps with lots of fluctuation
can use wget command with screen to continue running in terminal but still speeds around 150Kbps
Might try fatrat also
Only want it to download files from password protected ftp with best speeds and multi threaded/segmented downloads with resume in wheezy headless client with low footprint .
Whats surprising is that speeds are low in system in which its directly connected and excellent speeds in system when its shared from Ethernet and router
So please recommend something

Guys my pogoplug has wheezy installed and my EVDO connection is connected to it . It autodials and is shared through Ethernet to other devices . Which download manager with GUI to use to download from password protected ftp with resume
I tried
uget but download speed doesn't go above 70Kbps when same time same file i get 250Kbps on Windows
and filezilla same issue , download speed doesn't cross 120/130Kbps with lots of fluctuation
can use wget command with screen to continue running in terminal but still speeds around 150Kbps
Might try fatrat also
Only want it to download files from password protected ftp with best speeds and multi threaded/segmented downloads with resume in wheezy headless client with low footprint .
Whats surprising is that speeds are low in system in which its directly connected and excellent speeds in system when its shared from Ethernet and router
So please recommend something

Any chance this is due to active/passive FTP? Thats the only thing that jumped into my mind.

Any chance this is due to active/passive FTP? Thats the only thing that jumped into my mind.
Will check today in wget with --no-passive-ftp option and filezilla . Couldnt find option in uget to disable passive .
VPS has proftpd[DOUBLEPOST=1399295208][/DOUBLEPOST]No didnt work out , tried in filezilla and fatrat . Filezilla forced active mode ,speeds fluctuates from 60 to 180Kbps and in fatrat it fluctuates from 100 to 170 Kbps
same time consistent above 200 in windows
@vivek.krishnan

Last edited:
Will check today in wget with --no-passive-ftp option and filezilla . Couldnt find option in uget to disable passive .
VPS has proftpd[DOUBLEPOST=1399295208][/DOUBLEPOST]No didnt work out , tried in filezilla and fatrat . Filezilla forced active mode ,speeds fluctuates from 60 to 180Kbps and in fatrat it fluctuates from 100 to 170 Kbps
same time consistent above 200 in windows
@vivek.krishnan

Am outta ideas. Thats the only thing that jumped to mind.

Hey, I was able to find my Pogo E02 and planned to play around with it again. I am out of touch and hence will take sometime to read up the latest info.

My pogo: E02 ; Was using archlinuxarm, the usb used for booting arch has been erased over and over, hence I am left with just the pogo and a usb.
I am planning to use debian this time.
Steps taken till date: extracted 3.14.wheezy.bodhi (15 april ) from here http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096 to a usb formatted to ext3.
the pogo boots w/o the usb and i can ssh into it. but if i try to boot with debian usb , i get the orange light - pogo doesnt gets the ip from router.

note: i havent labelled it "rootfs" yet, can anyone tell me command to use via basic pogo to change label of usb.
Also, can anyone explain this "edit /media/sdb1/etc/fstab entry for /dev/root to match the rootfstype of your usb_rootfstype." ? editing is okay but whats the rootfstype & usb_rootfstype ?
thanks.

Last edited:
Hey, I was able to find my Pogo E02 and planned to play around with it again. I am out of touch and hence will take sometime to read up the latest info.

My pogo: E02 ; Was using archlinuxarm, the usb used for booting arch has been erased over and over, hence I am left with just the pogo and a usb.
I am planning to use debian this time.
Steps taken till date: extracted 3.14.wheezy.bodhi (15 april ) from here http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096 to a usb formatted to ext3.
the pogo boots w/o the usb and i can ssh into it. but if i try to boot with debian usb , i get the orange light - pogo doesnt gets the ip from router.

note: i havent labelled it "rootfs" yet, can anyone tell me command to use via basic pogo to change label of usb.

thanks.

Check what you are formatting the drive with - I have a Dockstar. When I forced ext3 install using the mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1 - then only I was able to get into ALARM. With the guide on the forums, it was formatting ext2. Might be worth for a try.

As for the labeling part - what are you formatting the drive with - the program should have an option to set label.

EDIT : mke2fs [ -Lvolume-label ], could this be what you want?

Check what you are formatting the drive with - I have a Dockstar. When I forced ext3 install using the mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda1 - then only I was able to get into ALARM. With the guide on the forums, it was formatting ext2. Might be worth for a try.

As for the labeling part - what are you formatting the drive with - the program should have an option to set label.

EDIT : mke2fs [ -Lvolume-label ], could this be what you want?
i used fdisk to partition it, and mke2fs.ext3 to format it to ext3. i think i formatted the drive via a virtual machine.
Also, after sometime, the pogoplug boots into its basic mode even with the debian usb plugged prior reboot.

i used fdisk to partition it, and mke2fs.ext3 to format it to ext3. i think i formatted the drive via a virtual machine.
Also, after sometime, the pogoplug boots into its basic mode even with the debian usb plugged prior reboot.
Same issues as mine
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,15873,15941
check it out

Check its formatted to ext3 . I faced the same issue . fdsik formatted in ext2 and finally had to use a live ubuntu to correct it . Use gparted from gparted live or any live linux distro

If you can boot into arch why dont you install the Jeff rescue system first in NAND . Most of your problems will get sorted out and as such rescue is required

If you can boot into arch why dont you install the Jeff rescue system first in NAND . Most of your problems will get sorted out and as such rescue is required
i dont have arch anymore, the usb used was formated abt a year back. i will have to download arch again.
PS: What did u mean by "and as such rescue is required" ?

i dont have arch anymore, the usb used was formated abt a year back. i will have to download arch again.
PS: What did u mean by "and as such rescue is required" ?
ofcourse its not compulsory , a debian system on NAND as rescue for any contingencies will be good only

Back