OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

I havent yet given it 1.8v.
i have given myself a limit of 1.75v.
Will do 1.8 on the other processy which i will use for extreme ocing. That is gona be a tet puppy anyway.
Waiting for 0525 E6 venice to land here.

amol0010 said:
300 HTT on a socket 754 :D

nice , dunno if i'm mistaken but didnt you post about some oc problems a long time back ? nice to see you progress since then ;)

Ok.one question, what makes a better overclock, a HTT running at max speed(300) and cpu clock speed lower than CPU FSB @ 250 mhz ?

High HTT has no real performance benefit. Generally CPU with RAM 1:1 is the way to go for A64 unless you are running particularly crappy ram or BH-5 in which case, you must use a divider.

yes , a balanced o/c is better.
try to max ur memory fsb.
For e.g. if ur cpu does 300 mhz then ideally it would be better if you can get pc4800 rated rams (300 mhz speed / 600 mhz ddr )
but since it is not always possible to get such pricey rams get cheaper alternatives which will do say 250 mhz and then use a suitable clock divider.

HTT is of not much consequence. but higher cpu and memory fsb is.

32M SuperPi - Breaking the DDR600 Barrier :p

Well, had a casual shot at it and managed it without sweat with PDP:

HTT = 301.1 MHz
CPU speed = 9 x HTT
Memory : 2.5-4-3-7, 1:1, 1T, vdimm = 2.74 Volts (stock)
Xtreme Air cooling in a fully modded cabinet :p !
Rest of the specs in the Venice rig in sig.

This is just about the same RAM speed and timings (at 183 divider) which got me the 28.047s in 1M SuperPi at 3.01GHz.

This places the PDP within the top 15 at XtremeSystems' nf3/nf4 TCCD max overclocks for all RAM types and speeds. My PDP run of DDR580 @ 2.5-3-3-X used to be in the top 5 but has now been pushed down to top 15. Need to get back to that someday with a 24-pin PSU.

BTW, the OCZ TCC5 are doing pretty good - prolly the ones from the very first batch since OCZ might have wanted to sustain the EL Plat brand value. So Mathsky could well be sittin' on a gold mine !

I believe that these are the highest clocks currently for PDP at XtremeSystems/dfi-street. I could probably shave off a minute by tweaking the RAM a little more, but was striving instead for stability.

thats nice Jedi ..... keep it up .... y don't we have a list of top 25 benchmark like of 3dmark05, aquamark, superpi ... ETC ...

no i mean top 10 or 25 scores on the top of the threads as on xtremesystems ..... mods please take a look there and see if that can be done here or not

thanks

too lazy to sift through the 100's of replies , maybe if you send me a pm with your best scores i ll post it here

no i mean if u see on the xtremesystems there is something like bots ... if u post the results in the prescribed way they will automatically arranged in the order with details ...

Back