PS3 fans quit jobs and postpone engagement to wait in line

No, with 1999999990 dollars from my car sale I suppose I will just be able to cover the premium from buying from the loonies who stand in line for a week.

Besides, I don't believe all that crap abt if you don't stand in line for half of your life you won't get a PS3. Sure, you might miss out the first batch or so, after that you will get it but it will be pricey. That is all.

Of course Sony's production problems may make that a different story, but I choose to ignore them for now.

KingKrool said:
I never said that buying a PS3 was selfish did I?

You said smashing the Ps3 for other's amusement was better, or at least it was implied that way.

But you claimed that his actions were (or at any rate implied that you would whack his head).

You misunderstood that,

but that's one buyer who will be going home with nothing just for the sake others amusement

What I meant was a kid at the back of the line would have to do without a Ps3 which he's being waiting for a long time, just because some loser up ahead decided to smash his for practically no reason.

Which shows your bigotry.

Just like yours, towards the people who are camping right now.

If he chooses to entertain himself with the PS3 by breaking it rather than playing with it, that is his business.

People wouldn't have given a flying **** about him if the machine was coming in shortages now. Sure its his business, but that's utter Sony Anti-Fanboyism too, Its quite obvious, something which is not well-accepted in the society (be it extreme fanboyism or anti)

As for amusing, yes you numbskull, why do you think I am posting here?

Ah, so now I know to take nothing from you seriously, because its intended for amusement, rather than making sense.

For amusement obviously.

XD

Ever heard of leisure? Oh sorry, you are a serious gamer.

gaming=leisure. Serious leisure...ever hear yourself speak? Because that's a rather pathetic attempt at making an attack.

I am here solely to have fun.

So next time when debates, incorrect or bias posts start happening, its time for you to pay a visit to FunEnclave - Fun, Sports and Online Gaming at its Best! and wait it out (you're gonna love the jokes section), you might not know it, but often you might just end up posting mindless drivel instead of a good contribution.

Go ahead. Pick holes in that argument.

Couldn't resist it.

Oh darned. Params7 said bad things about me. I will be crying all night.

Want to take a spot poll and see who likes the idea of meteorites and smashed up PS3's?

It is a sad sad day when the definition of being nice is making sure other people get PS3s.

And to anticipate your question, no the definition of being nice is not smashing PS3s. But it is not bad, not bad at all...... you can thank your beloved Sony when that kid doesn't get a PS3. I wonder who was a reject and forced a DRM infected piece which they could not even manufacture in enough quantity on the world.

"gaming=leisure. Serious leisure...ever hear yourself speak?"

Duh! That is my line! That is what I am trying to say! Gaming should be leisure, but for PS3 fanbois it is clearly much more that that. I don't go and wait in line for a movie ticket for a whole week.

Conversation between Mr P and his friends:

Friends: Movie xyz is releasing next week! Someone should go and get tickets.

Mr P: Where's my tent? Where's my tent??????

Duh! That is my line! That is what I am trying to say! Gaming should be leisure, but for PS3 fanbois it is clearly much more that that. I don't go and wait in line for a movie ticket for a whole week.

You just destroyed your entire argument with this point. First of all, you claim I'm a fanboy, which I'm not, second, people camped days before :

1. Ps2 released

2. Xbox released

3. Gamecube released

4. DS released (In fact, a thread about it was posted in TE as well, big long lines in Japan 2 days before its release date)

5. PSP released

6. Xbox 360 released

7. For the Ps3

8. There WILL be tenters for the Wii as well, count on it.

Heck, I remember when people camped a day before the official release of Re4 on gamecube - Now that's just a game!

So, no, its the entire gaming community. Not casual, but fanatics and hardcore (and then a little fanboys). You need to wake up and see how much the gaming market has risen all over the world.

And Ps3 coming in shortages, is what is causing people to gain extra head start at having better chances of being first in the line.

Friends: Movie xyz is releasing next week! Someone should go and get tickets.

Mr P: Where's my tent? Where's my tent??????

Camp for a movie that would last for only 2 hours? Stop with all this wittyness, 'tis beginning to get lame.

You just destroyed your entire argument with this point. First of all, you claim I'm a fanboy, which I'm not, second, people camped days before :

1. Ps2 released

2. Xbox released

3. Gamecube released

4. DS released (In fact, a thread about it was posted in TE as well, big long lines in Japan 2 days before its release date)

5. PSP released

6. Xbox 360 released

7. For the Ps3

8. There WILL be tenters for the Wii as well, count on it.

And I think that anyone who camps for a week for any of those consoles is a lunatic. Getting there early is OK, even spending the night, but a whole goddamned week? Maybe you need to watch the latest episode of South Park.

I am console agnostic in that sense, the only reason I rag on the PS3 so much is because it is the most crappy as per promise/price/performance. They promised the world and they didn't deliver (on time or in quality). So they deserve it.

You are not a fanboy? Wow. Look at this statement:
I have an easier time understanding the analogy, because I know I wouldn't have hesitated to have joined them now, because its not crazy, its perfectly normal (if you're not sacrifising your job and wife, those 2 make an exception).

Any guy willing to camp out for a week for the PS3 is a fanboy. If he isn't then the only possible definition of a fanboy is a guy who screws his console (screws as in.....).

This is my final post here, you have contradicted yourself, which is why I see no reason in debating anymore.

I think, for KK, Zhpudey, the main thing was bringing down Sony, and the PS3?
Your not gonna be able to do that, by posting in Forums. Why dont you go and protest this in from of Sony's HQ?

Well guess what, even though im not a fanboi, I support the PS3, for the only reason coz, the PSOne, changed my life. :p.

KingKrool said:
And I think that anyone who camps for a week for any of those consoles is a lunatic. Getting there early is OK, even spending the night, but a whole goddamned week?

hmmm, I don't understand whats wrong being a fanboy, if i am a PS3 fanboy, i would surely won't mind for waiting in the queue for a week, but not to an extent of quiting my job:p. PS3 fans know how that console is worth to them.

Why dont you go and protest this in from of Sony's HQ?

Because if I let a damned console control my life to such an extent I deserve to be hit my meteorites as well.

Same for Zhops.

BTW, I want PS3 to succeed otherwise the Cell will not have enough take off. People will think it was bad, even though that will be completely untrue.

On the other hand I want Sony to go bankrupt because they make crappy products, overcharge, screw their customers (DRM in CDs.... bad one at that plus goddamned bluray) and still make massive losses.

I realise I said the previous post was supposed to be my last, but I am responding to a post made by someone other than that guy.

You are not a fanboy? Wow. Look at this statement

This should be good...

I have an easier time understanding the analogy, because I know I wouldn't have hesitated to have joined them now, because its not crazy, its perfectly normal (if you're not sacrifising your job and wife, those 2 make an exception).

Any guy willing to camp out for a week for the PS3 is a fanboy.

No, he is not a fanboy - He's a fan, and a dedicated gamer.

You want to know what a fanboy is? The guy who will be smashing his Ps3, is probably sent in by X360/Wii fanboy base - The guy which you are trying to justify right now.

If he isn't then the only possible definition of a fanboy is a guy who screws his console (screws as in.....).

Having a sexual intercourse with a machine? You put something like this in the 'Fanboy' case? Is that how stupid you actually are?

KingKrool said:
Because if I let a damned console control my life to such an extent I deserve to be hit my meteorites as well.

Same for Zhops.

BTW, I want PS3 to succeed otherwise the Cell will not have enough take off. People will think it was bad, even though that will be completely untrue.

On the other hand I want Sony to go bankrupt because they make crappy products, overcharge, screw their customers (DRM in CDs.... bad one at that plus goddamned bluray) and still make massive losses.

I realise I said the previous post was supposed to be my last, but I am responding to a post made by someone other than that guy.

Sony hasn't overcharged anything. Xbox 360 with hd-dvd costs 600 and even then you only end up with a 20gb hardrive, and on top of that you have got to pay for online gaming, Ps3 comes in 500 and 600, being on par or better than X360 so far, free online, discounted price in Japan, 60 GB hardrive, having the revolutionary cell and Blu-Ray. They're going in a damn lose right off the freakin' bat! Manufacturing cost of Ps3 is well above 900, a blu-ray standalone alone costs over 1k.

Proved wrong yet again, the Xbox360 with Hd-DVD is much expensive than Ps3, and besides that comes with a puny 20gb hard drive.

Get a base before even trying to stand on anything, besides the fact you make every post for amusement only,

On the other hand I want Sony to go bankrupt because they make crappy products,

Kinda explains you not going after X360 fans (not fanboys) who waited for 1-2 days before the launch, and going after Ps3 buys who are waiting for a week simply because of the shortages, they can't do without such a headstart. This is ignoring the fact the Ps3 is coming with a hype much much bigger than that of X360, which would also contribute to a longer wait.

This is my final post here, you have contradicted yourself, which is why I see no reason in debating anymore.

You've been wrong in simply everything so far, I contradicted myself only in your delusional world. And your analogy sucks downright pathetic when it comes to judging everything.

Feel free, pack your bags up, and just leave.

This Thread should be Given the "Thread of the Year Award" :lol: :lol: :lol: ! No offence but the way i see it .......KK Got Terribely Pwned by Param :rofl:

And how is that?

Don't give up do you Params? OK.

No, he is not a fanboy - He's a fan, and a dedicated gamer.

At a certain level (I call it waiting in line for a week) "dedication" is fanboisim.

You want to know what a fanboy is? The guy who will be smashing his Ps3, is probably sent in by X360/Wii fanboy base - The guy which you are trying to justify right now.

Nope. Actually, this guy once did this with the Apple Shuffle. He does this for fun. And is very popular apparently. Never justified his actions much either - I just find them amusing.

Having a sexual intercourse with a machine? You put something like this in the 'Fanboy' case? Is that how stupid you actually are?

That is how stupid you are actually. According to you nothing is fanboism. If waiting in week is not fanboism, then as I said - I don't know what is. That (screwing the console) is probably the only thing you would accept as fanboism. Nothing less than that seems to satisfy you as a definition of fanboism

OK, you give me the definition of a Sony PS3 fanboi?

Sony hasn't overcharged anything. Xbox 360 with hd-dvd costs 600 and even then you only end up with a 20gb hardrive, and on top of that you have got to pay for online gaming, Ps3 comes in 500 and 600, being on par or better than X360 so far, free online, discounted price in Japan, 60 GB hardrive, having the revolutionary cell and Blu-Ray. They're going in a damn lose right off the freakin' bat! Manufacturing cost of Ps3 is well above 900, a blu-ray standalone alone costs over 1k.

Proved wrong yet again, the Xbox360 with Hd-DVD is much expensive than Ps3, and besides that comes with a puny 20gb hard drive.

Oh, never heard of the Sony Wega? I suppose you think that is a nicely priced product. I was talking about Sony as a company.

And stop giving me that marketing bull crap about revolutionary BluRay blah blah blah.

Explain away Sony's DRM fiasco.

I hate Sony for their Wegas and their DRM infected CDs. And their desire to foist their formats upon the world (BetaMax got pwned).

Kinda explains you not going after X360 fans (not fanboys) who waited for 1-2 days before the launch, and going after Ps3 buys who are waiting for a week simply because of the shortages, they can't do without such a headstart. This is ignoring the fact the Ps3 is coming with a hype much much bigger than that of X360, which would also contribute to a longer wait.

We didn't have a thread on XBOX360 or Wii fans waiting for a week and quitting jobs etc. However, In this very thread, I did say:

And I think that anyone who camps for a week for any of those consoles is a lunatic. Getting there early is OK, even spending the night, but a whole goddamned week? Maybe you need to watch the latest episode of South Park.

And I can go after whoever I please whenever I want.

You've been wrong in simply everything so far, I contradicted myself only in your delusional world. And your analogy sucks downright pathetic when it comes to judging everything.

Say's who? The people who claim you pwned me are all PS3 fans.

There is one simple thing that proves how much of a loser you are.

I am here to have fun and I decide I can get my kicks by making fun of a bunch of idiots who are standing in line. At no point did I say, "Look there are a bunch of idiots in line. Bet Params7 would love to join then". However, we have you jumping to their (and Sony's) defense at the drop of a hat.

I suppose you can claim that you are getting your kicks trying to pwn me. Haha.

And I particularly pointed out where you contradicted yourself, apart from your claim that you did not, you did not back your claim up in any way.

Guess what - this is not my last post. I find that this is more fun then I could have imagined. It is amusing to see people so worked up when I make fun of a company (presumably your pop isn't the CEO) and a bunch of loonies stamding in line for a week (I don't think your sister is in that line either).

Back