PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

m-jeri said:
^^

yes. but it does for some. some keep HTPC and Ps3 together. if this hack can do what it says, then it will mean a LOT of things.

A great UI, nice remote, network capabilities, support for NAS(i hope), BD drive.. it makes a lot of sense to me. and the power saving and looks.
and seeing that actually for ~10k u get a seconds ps3 is like.. :D

Hope they does this.

heck i will even get the new slim for gaming and keep my old fat for just as media player.
yup i agree.

2 months ago... if someone said ps3 is going to be hacked, he would be castrated.

now when its hacked people are saying now what?. sheesh.

:/

^Like I said before, a majority of the input devices are based on bluetooth. But, the Playstation Eye sold by Sony and the guitar-based controllers (for instance) rely on USB. So disabling the USB port will negate the usage of these devices. Sony can only make do with the firmware then.

Commercially sold consoles are not meant to be converted into dev-kits which is precisely what these hax0rs are targeting. :p

But if this hacking becomes a reality in the true sense (akin to the X360 hack-scene), the exclusive titles will certainly take a hit, game developers will release sub-standard titles and may henceforth even consider porting it to other platforms and their revenue out of the game-sales would be low. I wish it doesn't happen that way.

Sony people have launched FW 4.2 ... what it does is just disable the jailbreak and nothing much ... so who all waiting to try out the jailbreak don update !!!

Aman27deep said:
Plus even if they disable it, they can not force it on you, the ones on an older firmware can always choose to not upgrade. ^^
But not when playing a game released recently. Sony forces you to upgrade to the most recent firmware to play the game. Unless the hackers find an exploit for this as well.

And not to forget MP will be disabled if there is no access to PSN.

PSN can still be accessed via the Logan5 proxy method.

Comparing this to the PSP , forced system updates can be bypassed by removing the update file from the backup / ISO. Also , System updates can be blocked from downloading. The scene has just started off. Give it some time and it will definitely flourish.

Now.... i have an N900 with me and the Slim on v3.41 , so i could do the jailbreak.... its very very tempting , but i'm holding out. I wont be upgrading to any future firmwares for now mostly because i still have a shitload of old games to play through but also because i want to see how big the homebrew community will become. If i spot something worthwhile then i might consider jailbreaking my console :)

Now this is very interesting news that can possible render all other ports being working on quite useless. The folks over at Elotrolado have started on working on trying to get PSGroove ported to the Sixaxis/Dualshock3.

check this out

PSGroove with SIXAXIS? | PS3Hax Network

To quote:

*The SIXAXIS control has a memory eeprom what its programming allows. (BoRJa_FiesTeRo Thanks)

*The name of the Micro ones is:

TOSHIBA 15UM3EFG-001

JAPAN0703EG1

F0194ZA

Hopefully this is a port to be excited about, as everyone has a PS3 controller that wants to jailbreak their PS3. :) You can catch up the the latest update over at their forums (its in Spanish) – we will keep you updated here when something happens.

Updated to 3.42 just now.
No USB port disabled as some rumours were floating.

Let's see if someone creates a mod which supersedes this patch again....

ysrathore said:
Updated to 3.42 just now.

No USB port disabled as some rumours were floating.

Let's see if someone creates a mod which supersedes this patch again....
Lol who said USB ports were getting disabled ? ... :bleh:

It just stops the jailbreak and people are working on it ...

Back