PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

varoon said:
hey guys.

nice to see a jailbreak thread.

so i just got myself ps3 with move and luck was on my side it has 3.50 firmware. Think im gonna get jailbreaked from palika :)

Wanted to ask its safe? right first time maybe im a bit nervous :D

Its very easy do it yourself. Barely takes 30 mins. Don't waste your money - use it to treat your friends to a party or something (Ethan and I are ready :p)

I'm seriously planning to buy a PS3 next month and at present I'd be extremely lucky to get 3.55 firmware. If not, do you think 3.66 jailbreak will at least come within the next six months?

@varoon Where did you buy your PS3 from? If i'm lucky I'd get the same firmware if I buy from the same place.

sudhanshu123 said:
that site gives me lot of hope but no cfw.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dont worry dude, as the devs are working keen to 3.6key(cfw)... their success level touches rebug 3.55.2...

and any one want any info regrading Pm me... im here to help you guys...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

destiny said:
Mkv Files not playing On showtime,can some one share in some info...

by the way, what version of CFW and Showtime you have dude...

mine playing fine with substitle loaded but sometime i get little glith, but its of 1%...

kvikram said:
I'm seriously planning to buy a PS3 next month and at present I'd be extremely lucky to get 3.55 firmware. If not, do you think 3.66 jailbreak will at least come within the next six months?

@varoon Where did you buy your PS3 from? If i'm lucky I'd get the same firmware if I buy from the same place.

dude before buying check the date ask its new version, cause new slim came with 3.56 or above... make caution...

and im sure that 3.6 in nearing... but not 100% sure... we need geohot, failoverflow,...

whats your budget, several models available such as 160,250,320gb and bundle with move or games..

Aman27deep said:
Its very easy do it yourself. Barely takes 30 mins. Don't waste your money - use it to treat your friends to a party or something (Ethan and I are ready :p)

and add me in line to help...

Finally anyone who need more info checkout

1.psx-scene

2.ps3hacks

sudhanshu123 said:
anyone has any news on the 3.6(3.66) cfw scene?i have been holding my breath for months now and my face has become pale.

Chances are that no hacker will ever try to break into the ps3. Remember what happened to GeoHot. Sony has put fear in the mind of the hackers. Hackers can easily find a way to hack into the ps3 but they are not smart enough to fight the mighty Sony on legal grounds.

But again, I wish I am wrong with the hacking of ps3.

Mr.XYZ said:
Chances are that no hacker will ever try to break into the ps3. Remember what happened to GeoHot. Sony has put fear in the mind of the hackers. Hackers can easily find a way to hack into the ps3 but they are not smart enough to fight the mighty Sony on legal grounds.

But again, I wish I am wrong with the hacking of ps3.

Remember what happened to FBI and that 400MB data's///

Hey please tell me where to get a used ps3 and what would e te idol price to buy it.. Or at what price can i get it ?? Also if somebody here wants to sell one at appropiate price thats not too costly you can contact me.. Thanks :)

dvd is not showing up in the showtime s/w.

Only options showing up are the hdd and the usb devices. I specifically want the dvd which i burnt with mkv files to be played.

Back