PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

I don't understand whats going on :p? Are you guy using the dongle to do all this or not ? Is it just a matter of downloading something and making all this stuff happen or is the dongle required .

Ankur said:
^Wired. Anyways figured it out. Everything working now.
The Multiman manager is great.

Another query! Got the NFS HP with me. and download the EBoot.BIN file too with me. How to proceed ahead.
Multiman is awesome. I too use it.
You need to download the fixed Eboot.bin and replace the it with the one in userdir forlder inside the blusXXXX folder. and then run it with the bkup mngr.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RS4 said:

They better. :|

Replaced the Patched Eboot.ini with the original one. Still cant get it to work. I am talking about NFS : HP
Do i require Hermes V4B? I am still using the same hex loaded by dhruv in the dongle! From where can i get it?
Dhruv! HELP!

:)

Ankur said:
Replaced the Patched Eboot.ini with the original one. Still cant get it to work. I am talking about NFS : HP
Do i require Hermes V4B? I am still using the same hex loaded by dhruv in the dongle! From where can i get it?
Dhruv! HELP!

:)
Just replacing the eboot.in should do the trick. However some version need to have a edited param.sfo as well. check PS Jailbreak Compatibility List - Home and see which version you have and what you need to do. By version i mean whether you have a EUR or JP or USA version.

Definitely check the region of your game and EBOOT.BIN that you obtained. If they don't match, then expect these problems.

@apextwin
Got the hermes v4 from there. But cant get to flash it onto the Jailbreak device. Downloading Atmel FLIP right now. Do i need some drivers for Win7 x86 as well?

@Sushant Saar,
I've the AT90USB162 Chip.
Tried doing the PL3 thing as per explained by ajex in your thread but still it gives me some operation error.

@Ethan,
i have BLES00949 Europian version of NFS and i am sure that i've the Eboot.bin file of same version as well. But still the error.

So JB using dongles is a better option since you can reverse the changes to the system.

GeoHot's going to release a signing app. So backup manager also would be signed and should be able to run on this CFW.

IDK why is everyone so excited about Geohot's dev. The guy could run CFW but he is yet to run any application let alone downgrade the f/w. Give it a few more days. Before KZ3 comes up, we should have something in the thread. :p

For the 50,0000th time.. SIGNING THE BACKUP MANAGER WILL NOT MAKE IT WORK !!!!

The Manager will open but will be unable to load any game ! The required syscalls for running backups were injected into the PS3 memory during runtime by the jailbreak chip. This obviously won't happen now... ALSO , currently injecting the code is not feasible because along with NPDRM , there just isn't enough memory to hold it.

The solution is to patch the kernel or enable on the fly patching either of which is not possible currently. No , we CANNOT patch lv2 yet and so enabling those syscalls *right now* is unfeasible.

Now please... don't ask me to explain again that signing the Backup Manager will not work.

OK! So we officially have Castlevania: Lords of Shadow as the first game working on a retail PS3 (without any JB device) on the 3.55 Geohot's custom firmware. Credits to Riku for signing the EBOOT.BIN. :D

Back