PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Guys I ned your help..

1st of all I can't wait to play Gow3..been dying to play it, since my exam gets over in 5 days and my friend has got a new slim ps3 from us..he wants my help to jb it for him.

am a total noob at this..i know google will help but there iss just too many tutorials out three and I don't know wat to trust

Could you give me a step by step tutorial at doing this as I canty take any riskas it isn't mine

Please guys really need your help

sanjeed063 said:
Guys I ned your help..

1st of all I can't wait to play Gow3..been dying to play it, since my exam gets over in 5 days and my friend has got a new slim ps3 from us..he wants my help to jb it for him.

am a total noob at this..i know google will help but there iss just too many tutorials out three and I don't know wat to trust

Could you give me a step by step tutorial at doing this as I canty take any riskas it isn't mine

Please guys really need your help
I think you're giving ISC?

Anyways Tut below.

Installing kmeaw And PS3ITA CFW 1.1 CFW Noob Proof Guide - PS3ISO

I JB'ed mine that way, its an easy and hassle free guide. IF you do not understand anything, please report back, I'm sure many people will be Glad to help you out :)

Aman27deep said:
I think you're giving ISC?

Anyways Tut below.

Installing kmeaw And PS3ITA CFW 1.1 CFW Noob Proof Guide - PS3ISO

I JB'ed mine that way, its an easy and hassle free guide. IF you do not understand anything, please report back, I'm sure many people will be Glad to help you out :)

No am from karnataka and 12th state board exams are going on...

Thanks I will be looking into that tutorial when jbing it

i have a few questions..

1.can 1 play on psn with a original game cd after jbing

sanjeed063 said:
No am from karnataka and 12th state board exams are going on...

Thanks I will be looking into that tutorial when jbing it

i have a few questions..

1.can 1 play on psn with a original game cd after jbing
You could have earlier but now you can not, and playing online isn't safe, almost always will result in an Online Ban from the Playstation Network. Sony actually has no way to know if you are running an original game or not, but they CAN tell if you are on a Custom Firmware or not.

Guy seem to have problem with Assassin Creed's Brotherhood.......... there is no in-game audio and I was hoping of playing it over the weekend.Any suggestions on how to get the in-game audio started ??

Mr.XYZ said:
hey guys one quick question. if i buy ps3 this april what are the chances i will get firmware below 3.55 ?
Pretty good, if the place you get it from has a older stock lying around with them. Aman recently got his 320GB bundle, which shipped with 3.50 firmware.

Freefrag said:
Guy seem to have problem with Assassin Creed's Brotherhood.......... there is no in-game audio and I was hoping of playing it over the weekend.Any suggestions on how to get the in-game audio started ??
Didn't have any such issues when I played the game. What firmware are you on? What back-up manager are you using?

okay thanks also is playing ps3 games on standard definition good enough ? and how much longer will the ps3 last in terms of its life cycle ?

Standard Definition would equate into blurry text and washed out graphics. I had played Resistance: Fall of Man's last few level on my SDTV and trust me, it was horrible. LCD monitors are pretty cheap these days. If you can't invest in a HDTV, then get a 24 inch monitor, as that would be 10 times better than playing on your average SDTV.

It's difficult to predict the life cycle of any console. PS2 lasted a healthy 10 years. Xbox lasted around 6 years, before it was discontinued in North America. There are a lot of factors which contribute into prolonging a console's life cycle. In it's current state, I think PS3 is going really strong. With the inclusion (and success) of MOVE, I think it's going to be around for couple of more years.

Mr.XYZ said:
hey guys one quick question. if i buy ps3 this april what are the chances i will get firmware below 3.55 ?
My console's Mfg Date was December 2010. I saw a 160 GB console whose Mfg Date was Feb 2011. Only buy older 2010 stocks.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Mr.XYZ said:
okay thanks also is playing ps3 games on standard definition good enough ? and how much longer will the ps3 last in terms of its life cycle ?
2014 at the very least.

Okay thanks for all the help. I was planning to get a 24" monitor and I couldn't decide on one. Also I wanted the 24" monitor to be a TV monitor combo so that made the task of deciding which monitor to buy more difficult. Could you help me with that ? And more question if you don't mind. I play pc games on max settings at 1024X768 resolution, so if I switch to PlayStation 3 on HD will the graphics degrade ? because I have always seen people about console graphics being shitty to the PC counterpart.

Okay thanks but I want a 1080p monitor/tv. Anyways thanks will look for help in consumer electronics and will keep you posted about the progress. :)

Just bought a 320 GB PS3 today, neat little machine. Tried Crysis 2 on it it didnt work with GAIA or with multiMAN but it did with Rogero . Lets see what nice little goodies I can discover about this machine.

Back