PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

^If you haven't got that POHD mini yet, maybe this could be a good replacement. :D

Any idea if it support NTFS drives vis USB? Or are we forced to connect it to a NAS and stream it?

I haven't tried it yet. Will do that after I get back from work today. The people who have used it say that the MKV playback if very jerky and slow, but avi files work properly. It's a start I guess, so might as well give it some time to ensure proper codec support and tweaking it enabled.

Sorry for sounding like a n00b but whats the scene with the PS3 now? I just turned on my fat PS3 80GB after more than a year. it has the 3.01 firmware and I have the dongle with me. How to proceed I dunno :ashamed:

I tried showtime...Its an awesome player for SD stuff. Even mkv in SD content plays flawlessly:)

But when it comes to HD (even a 5 min 720p video of 150 mb size);its stutters big time. Hope they fix it

Also, it upgrades the sound to AC3 no matter what the input audio is:)

But till then; I don't have to carry and connect my lappy to my TV:)...

SunnyBoi said:
Sorry for sounding like a n00b but whats the scene with the PS3 now? I just turned on my fat PS3 80GB after more than a year. it has the 3.01 firmware and I have the dongle with me. How to proceed I dunno :ashamed:
Install the CFW 3.55. Doesn't require the dongle nor the power + eject pressing chore when you want the console to enter into JB mode.

This should help - Installing kmeaw And PS3ITA CFW 1.1 CFW Noob Proof Guide - PS3ISO

Did anyone download the files in the above link?

I have a limited connection.. so i would appreciate if anyone can send those to me.. :(

m-jeri said:

I have a limited connection.. so i would appreciate if anyone can send those to me.. :(

Which files? Showtime or the CFW files?

vercetti said:
Haven't tried srt yet but saw options of subs in the popup

will try and report back

Nice! I'll give it a shot as well. :)

lol...even if we send u the files...u would need to download the attachment:)

so u need to download the same size irrespective if we send u or u download it:)

m-jeri said:

BTW: showtime is just 4 mb in size

I dont even use PS3 to watch HD movies usually from PC , how does it matters to me ? Any other advantages ?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Which files? Showtime or the CFW files?

Nice! I'll give it a shot as well. :)
The CFW files...

:S...

and as in burn a dvd and use post.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hmm... too much to hope i guess.

Noob question...I am thinking of purchasing a 2-yr old PS3 phat 80 GB for 10k (is price right? any chances of YLOD?) which is upgraded to FW3.57. Can it be jailbroken?

I rather would suggest to steer clear of the fat ps3.
When the thing might go ylod is not something to bank upon.

State your max budget+location here/via WTB thread and if possible somebody might send u a deal.

Back