PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

I was asking abt the PS3 lol, if by any chance he'd rather sell it than use it now after a year of not using it.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Finally after close to an year with the hack (11th November 2010 TBP with Enslaved!), I have moved to the OFW 3.70. Bid a not-so-tearful adieu to CFW 3.55.

Heartfelt gratitude to the devs. of the hacks , Dhruv (who btw isn't very active anymore in these sections) for the USB dongle, Allwyn for helping me out with setting up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (dude I owe you more than just that! For that awesome partnership for Portal 2 remember? :p) and Anil (for passing me Allwyn's leet guide for CFW 3.55 :bleh:).

Not sure if the scene would progress any further now that the folks are pretty scared of releasing any hack in public. I'd be happy to rejoin if it happens for good. :p

I have to play so many titles. Will move on in January as expecting a hack in Dec-Jan. If not then ill move on. Because i want to play games like FIFA 12 , Driver , Deus Ex , WW12 , UC3 , AC : Reve and More!!

I thought to myself that i'd go OFW once i get a modded 360. But that i don't think will happen now, as my eyes are FIXED on a PS Vita. So i might never play all the latest games! :(

Relax guys...at least the scene is moving in the right direction, first it was Progskeet and now this E-Flasher...maybe 3.70CFW will be out soon, say 2-3 months.

Well , It wont come out ever actually. Let me tell ya people 2 simple things on why no one would release the CFW.

1. Sony will sue you. :p

2. The hackers or so called DEV's want Credit for what they have done that's why they want to attach their name to the hack like Kmeaw and geohot fail0verfl0w etc. Even if they have done it they wont release the keys anonymously. Even if they do it will be traced back to their IP's.

And as for Progskeet and E3 Flasher I would say its good but then what's the use? If there aint a CFW higher than 3.55 then why would we even need the Dual Boot? Ofcourse the people who have LOST the hack and by mistake updated would need it but then all the new exclusives and games would require 3.60+ Keys. Dosen't make any development on the CFW scene. I would not even buy it because its Highly priced. 90$ in the US add shipping to it. Around 6K INR. After playing all the games on 3.55 one would eventually have to update just like Gannu did. So its no sense purchasing this hardware.

I agree with your first point...the Devs want credit, no other logic can explain why people with 3.60 keys aren't releasing it. Foolish to think that people who can get the keys don't know how to release it online anonymously.

Main advantage with dual boot is that, you can still play all the old games with backups and purchase newer games which require 3.70+.

^^ See we can purchase that's right. But then c'mon? People who have shallow pockets cannot afford to have 2500Bucks for each game. Buy 6 Games and you have a new PS3 with you. That sucks. Prices need to be slashed atleast to 600-700 Each game.

rajveersingh09 said:
People who have shallow pockets cannot afford to have 2500Bucks for each game.

People need not play it on the day it releases either. In which case they need to shell out that amount.

This has been discussed to death before! Most of them do not intend to stock up on the titles so they sell the game after a playthrough or two. When they decide to put that title for sale, they sell it for some depreciated value; more like 1800 Rs. for a game that was initially purchased for let us say 2200 Rs. odd. The value reduces gradually later on as the copy passes from a person to the other. In the meantime say a year down the line, the publisher releases a lower priced Platinum version when the game sales have crossed a certain limit (the same title which had an MRP of Rs. 2200 before goes Platinum for Rs. 1400 - take the case of some exclusive title such as Uncharted here). That is an alternate workaround. You would however lay your hands on the title late.

Gannu said:
People need not play it on the day it releases either. In which case they need to shell out that amount.

This has been discussed to death before! Most of them do not intend to stock up on the titles so they sell the game after a playthrough or two. When they decide to put that title for sale, they sell it for some depreciated value; more like 1800 Rs. for a game that was initially purchased for let us say 2200 Rs. odd. The value reduces gradually later on as the copy passes from a person to the other. In the meantime say a year down the line, the publisher releases a lower priced Platinum version when the game sales have crossed a certain limit (the same title which had an MRP of Rs. 2200 before goes Platinum for Rs. 1400 - take the case of some exclusive title such as Uncharted here). That is an alternate workaround. You would however lay your hands on the title late.

Completely true. That's what majority of the people do here. But who wouldn't mind a price slash? I like collecting games such as the GTA 4 Complete Edition , POP Trilogy ETC. Though i am on CFW its not entirely that i would want to pirate games but then if the prices would have been a bit low i dont think anyone would mind purchasing new or trade with others! Secondly why would someone want to wait for a YEAR to get hands on an exclusive title. Wouldn't you get your hands on the UC3 asa it releases? I'm sure you would. What about others ? They would have to wait for either trade or used or platinum copies then play the game.

rajveersingh09 said:
Secondly why would someone want to wait for a YEAR to get hands on an exclusive title.

Because they cannot afford the present pricing or pirate it! Was that hard? :p

You can blame the distris for the pricing. Pricing for PC titles OTOH are much better and competitive. Somehow console titles still retail for a premium in the country although it does retail for a price notch lesser than what it retails for in the US/EU.

Anyhow these are completely OT on this thread. I'd rather stop here.

Gannu said:

Agreed, but the mere logic of 6 games = 1 new console doesn't sound right to me, need to reduce the prices.

P.S: Yup, discussion is going way off JB :p

Gannu said:
Because they cannot afford the present pricing or pirate it! Was that hard? :p

You can blame the distris for the pricing. Pricing for PC titles OTOH are much better and competitive. Somehow console titles still retail for a premium in the country although it does retail for a price notch lesser than what it retails for in the US/EU.

Anyhow these are completely OT on this thread. I'd rather stop here.

Delete your own comment hahaha :tongue:

Back