Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

I wouldn't say they tried a Nolan with the plot. Rather, it was just a way of ensuring they have the freedom to go in different directions for the upcoming installments.
Now they have enough ammo to cook up stories for the past, as well as future, events. Just my 2 cents.

Probably, not sure how much further they would like to go with the Franchise, they would definitely need a new 'arnie'

I don't know about others... But I enjoyed Terminator Genisys. Hated the new Kyle Reese. But Arnie, Emilia and John Connor guy was good. Arnie embraced the character of the older but not obsolete actor very nicely.

Went in with 0 expectations.. Came out with above average experience. Nothing like the sabotage fiasco.

I don't know about others... But I enjoyed Terminator Genisys. Hated the new Kyle Reese. But Arnie, Emilia and John Connor guy was good. Arnie embraced the character of the older but not obsolete actor very nicely.

Went in with 0 expectations.. Came out with above average experience. Nothing like the sabotage fiasco.

Exactly how I felt mate. I don't know what ticked it off for other people but I felt the movie was pretty well made.
OTOH, Inside Out felt a little boring after the initial premise. The journey back to the HQ could have been a lot darker/exciting.

Fear Clinic - wtf/10
A really bad B movie.

Mad Max : Fury Road - 8/10
Exhilarating watch. Couldn't take my eyes off the screen even for a minute. Loved it.

ParaNorman - 7/10
Very enjoyable. The stop motion work is top notch and looks so much better than so many other CGI animations.

Furious 7 - 6.5/10
Cheesy action scenes with cheesy dialogues, but very entertaining nonetheless.

How's Baahubali ?
Is it a desi 300 or more than that?

I wanted to watch it, but they put hardly 5 shows in Bangalore in Hindi.
(it's running 24 shows in PVR Phoenix, 20 in Inox Forum Value - and not a single show in Hindi. :( )

Jurassic World - okay for a popcorn weekend watch. Nowhere close to Titan the 1st one was.

Lacks tense moments, lacks realistic lightings, lacks background score, very artificial. Horror element is nowhere.

Rather than making bigger dinosaurs they should focus on making movies with realistic horrific moments.

Chris Pratt is good.

Mad Max Fury Road -
Action movie of the year.
Stunningly Beautiful. Proper action movie scenes and less of these "matrix" slo mo scenes. The movie has a simple chase scene of more than 30 minutes. Well done and screw those who compare it to Death Race :)

Movie has loads of Swag, Tom Hardy grunts through the movie. In fact most do.

I miss movies of the late 80s early 90s with long "no dialogue" scenes in action movies. Nowadays Shia Leboeuf syndrome seems to have hit every movie.

Mad Max Fury Road is stripped down to the bones Raw.

The OST is kickass.

Did I mention the Flamethrower Guitar Dude?

SWAG!!!

Last edited:
I don't know about others...

Exactly how I felt mate. I don't know what ticked it off for other people..........

For me, it was a below-average affair because it felt disjointed - be it the story, acting (except Arnie), or the action scenes themselves. There was a general lack of cohesion & I felt that a. either the director & the producers had different ideas or b. that he was in unknown territory vis-a-vis big Hollywood blockbuster action movies.

I get that it was a bit of a campy take on the Terminator franchise. That's fine by me. I get that the story has to be convoluted & contrived, & that it's best to leave your brains at home. I did that.

All I expected (subconsciously, I might add) was good action. Instead, the movie felt flat & failed to invoke any emotional ebb & flow. I had my mind wandering about while watching the movie, & that's not a good sign. Once out of the theater, I even forgot that I'd just watched a movie.

The movie isn't worth discussing, which is why I was very brief with my rating. Even now I feel I'm wasting time, :).

Is the movie bad? No. No big budget Hollywood movie is. But the same can be said of many of the Amritraj/Steven Seagal productions, which you might happen to catch on the telly. - "Theek hai.", "Timepass."

For me, the T1 & T2 movies were suspenseful. The action was gripping, & the protagonists felt vulnerable. It seemed that they had no way of overcoming the machines, & yet the eventual victory seemed convincing (given some suspension of disbelief, of course). All in all, they are both solid action movies even when viewed as standalone action movies & not part of the Terminator franchise, which has now achieved a cult status.

I even liked the first half of Terminator: Salvation because it was gritty & intriguing. (It's a different issue that the 2nd half did not live up to the intrigue built up in the first.)

The present movie, amongst other things, mainly lacks that feeling of suspense & vulnerability, & is generally flat. (Mind you, this is without comparing it with the earlier ones.)

PS- For once, movie critics are echoing my views. Critically acclaimed movies I have disliked in the past include Avatar, Gravity, Guardians of the Galaxy, ...to name a few. Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, :).

Mad Max Fury Road : 6/10
Found nothing special about it apart from the lesser use of cgi. I've seen the older movies and played a ton of post apocalyptic video games like Fallout, Metro and Rage (which feels a lot like this movie) so the concept wasn't anything special either. Good to see it succeed at the BO but damn is it overrated, maybe Hollywood will take more risks and give us more non superhero movies but i read somewhere they're gonna milk this for another 2 movies, so there's that too.

Spy: 7/10
Silly spy movie done right, while Kingsman felt like it had an identity crisis this one knows it's stupid as hell right from the get go and doesn't pretend to be anything else.
Enjoyed it for what it is, funniest movie I've seen this year so far.

Last edited:
Mad Max Fury Road : 6/10
Found nothing special about it apart from the lesser use of cgi. I've seen the older movies and played a ton of post apocalyptic video games like Fallout, Metro and Rage (which feels a lot like this movie) so the concept wasn't anything special either. Good to see it succeed at the BO but damn is it overrated, maybe Hollywood will take more risks and give us more non superhero movies but i read somewhere they're gonna milk this for another 2 movies, so there's that too.
This was the biggest risk Hollywood has taken in years. It's a surprise this movie was even made. It's actually a miracle.

Baahubali : 6/10... The visuals were awesome, and some fight sequences were also good. But it had typical southindian masala in it. Lot of romance and un needed songs. Faltu family drama etc. They could have easily made this into a epic indian movie like Game of thrones type which would have been remembered for ages. Guess the target audience was not at all me. Overall the production value was pretty high, and some really good cinematagraphy, The water fall was amazing and majestic. And some war sequences were also good. Will rate it above average.

Minions : 7/10. It was a let down from original despicable movie series. They tried too much in this movie. They should have kept the story line simple and should have played around that. It was good in parts and was hilarious in some sequences. But overall another average movie.

Ant-Man - 7/10. Fun movie, hilarious at times. The action sequences were very well done too.
Ant-Man - Mid-credits scene - 8/10
Ant-Man - End-credits scene hype - 9/10

(For reference, my other MCU ratings would be
8/10 - Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy
7/10 - Iron Man 1/2/3, Avengers
6.5/10 - Avengers 2
6/10 - Captain America 1
5/10 - Thor, Thor 2)

Jurassic World - 5/10
Mediocre nostalgia bait is what this was and it's sad to see it break records. Unlikeable characters (except Chris Pratt ofc), raptors reduced to dogs, cuttlefish-frog-raptor-rex wtflol ?!! and Irrfan Khan (how this guy keeps getting roles in H'wood is beyond me) made this a cringeworthy watch. It was more than just cgi that made the first one so awesome, these guys just don't get the formula.

Ted 2 - 3/10
The first one was average at best, this one though takes unfunny to a whole new level. Seth Mcfarlane stopped being funny 10 years back and parts of this movie feel like an unused Family Guy gag reel. Avoid.

Kingsman - 9/10
Excellent movie and what a soundtrack. Right from the starting with Dire Straits to the church scene with Lynyrd Skynyrd -which- makes the Kill Bill crazy 88 scene look like KG.

Furious 7 - 4/10
I find it amusing how this has gone from underground street racing to a discount expendables flick in 6 movies. They've succeded in inventing a new genre i.e., unintentional action comedy, I mean I'm game for some mindless fun but this one wants you to shit on your brain and flush it down the toilet. Do they really think those sequences are cool ?

I think they lock a bunch of teenagers in a room and just ask them to put their favorite words into a jar, words like boobs, bugatti, skyscrapers, ferrari, beer, explosions, etc which the scriptwriters then stitch together with a wafer thin plot.
I actually had more fun spotting cgi Paul Walker than following what was happening in the movie.
Gotta say thg that tribute was a nostalgia flash, I really loved the first movie back in the day when cars with neons were still considered cool and the NFS games were actually good.
Paul definitely had screen presence, RIP

Boot Polish (1954) - 8.5/10
Have no words to describe the acting by the two lil kids in there.
Thanks to the stupid movies flowing in these days, i gave this one a shot. I am sure the crore club stars will be humbled by what this movie pulled off. Seeing this movie, people would have expected copywood to reach a diff type of zenith.. But alas!

Inside Out - 8.5/10
Liked this movie. Could have been more fun.

Teacher's Pet (1958) - 8.2/10
Enjoyed this to the fullest! The 3 lead actors made this an awesome treat. Doris Day.. wow!
Rewatch worthy movie.

One, Two, Three (1961) - 8/10
Cagney in top form in this fast paced comedy movie. Enjoyable!

Road To perdition - 8.3/10
Dont know how come i avoided it for so long.

psst.. Guys, check out the trailer for American Ultra.

Last edited:
Back