Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Okay...I finished watching The Hobbit, last night. And take back all I said about them breaking it into three parts. I think they have done it well. The details are excellent and the level of authenticity to the book is quite accurate. I really enjoyed it, even the parts where there is just dialogue and conversation. The best parts are: How they mention that a dark power is rising in the East. It is so much obvious where all of it will lead up, and what the "future" holds. The Orcs are done really well, and the "party attack"; scene was superb and shot in wide panorama, really adding an excellent finishing touch. Locales...rather not say much...mind blowing. Bilbo's new characterization is fleshed out true, and the acting is really nice.

This is a winner: 10/10

Is reading the book really necessary for Hobbit ?

Not necessarily. If you understood the multi-story lines / families / races told about in the LoTR series, this should be fine. The Hobbit is basically the foundation series of LoTR, sadly it comes out later, so "movie-goers"; will see this as a prequel. Nothing wrong with this, Hollywood has a penchant of milking a franchisee in such a manner. But again, Hobbit is a must-see; if you understood and could follow the complexity of LoTR, and last but not the least, enjoyed that.

Zero Dark 30 : 8/10. Nice movie. Liked how the put it all together.

Is reading the book really necessary for Hobbit ?

Remember, the books and the movies are very different.
If you read the book you will hate the movie, since it might not show what you wanted to see or because there is a mismatch between the two.
So be prepared for that as it will happen if reading before or after watching the film.

If you read the book you will hate the movie, since it might not show what you wanted to see or because there is a mismatch between the two.

No really. If the book is good, then it is always a plus to have it read beforehand.

You'll appreciate the movie more if it is done right. LotR had huge changes in the 2nd part, but it was still enjoyable. You'll also appreciate the way the director and writer have adapted and brought the storyline to the big screen.

Even though Sherlock TV series was not a perfect representation of the titular character, those who've already read it will just appreciate the way its been adapted to the modern times. Same with Game of Thrones, the way the camera pans at the end in Episode 9 as Arya looks on in Season 1, or how the battle unfolds in the Season 2 Episode 9.

Remember, the books and the movies are very different.
So be prepared for that as it will happen if reading before or after watching the film.
Wont that be over generalizing the fact. There are some which not faithful to book are good too. And there are some which are faithful but leave u more confused than the book itself. So its really a toss up.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (9/10)
The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (9/10)

Must watch for all Batman fans. I always thought the graphic novel was pretty overrated but what an amazing movie it translated into.
Not to take anything away from the Nolan movies which were awesome, but I dare say this is equally good and many times even better.

Holy f***ing shit, truly the greatest Batman story ever told. Sorry, mind blown right now :p.
And yes, it's better than Rises.

The Rebound

7/10

This was a top movie until they ruined it with a disastrous ending.

Sleepless in Seattle

7/10

This movie got boring during many, many parts. Really mean it. But the premise, and the acting were top notch.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (9/10)
The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 (9/10)

Must watch for all Batman fans. I always thought the graphic novel was pretty overrated but what an amazing movie it translated into.
Not to take anything away from the Nolan movies which were awesome, but I dare say this is equally good and many times even better.

Holy f***ing shit, truly the greatest Batman story ever told. Sorry, mind blown right now :p.
And yes, it's better than Rises.

Thanks for the reminder. Is the story related to movie in anyway?

Argo : 9/10.

Quite good to be honest, but they had put in the nail biting cliche(s) to keep the audience engaged. I really like how they included a history 101 in the beginning with placards and voice-over which tells about: Persia-->Iran-->Pahalvi-->Khomeini-->The Crisis. Without this background the movie would have been quite useless, and it helps to set in the flavor and atmosphere. Tells a lot about the environment of that time. I liked it, though they did make the IRG seem keep violent and harsh.

Back