Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Kingsman - WTF/10
Over-rated, unfunny and silly, don't know what they were aiming for but it's like a mix of Johnny English, Bond and Austin Powers.
The long runtime doesn't help either, looked like it was expensive to make too, how these movies get greenlit is beyond me.

Ex Machina - 8/10
Went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Simple yet thought provoking plot, best sci-fi movie since Interstellar.
Think it was the unknown cast, the sets and the ambient background music that made it even better.

Kingsman - WTF/10
Over-rated, unfunny and silly, don't know what they were aiming for but it's like a mix of Johnny English, Bond and Austin Powers.
The long runtime doesn't help either, looked like it was expensive to make too, how these movies get greenlit is beyond me.

Ex Machina - 8/10
Went in with zero expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Simple yet thought provoking plot, best sci-fi movie since Interstellar.
Think it was the unknown cast, the sets and the ambient background music that made it even better.
I would say Kingsman is how the current crop of 007 movies should be.

Watched "WarGames" again after a long time - it has been playing on the MGM channel (on Tata Sky at least) - quite thrilling really!

When I watched it as a kid it was a "fun" movie, but now being in the computer sciences field, some of the dialogues/themes really are sinister and send chills down your spine - makes you realise what an iconic (and cult) movie this is.

These days you read about topics like AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and all this stuff is in the movie, not to mention a peek into the "hacker" mindset - the way the main character does war dialling, unlocks himself (electronic keypad lock) out of the room he is held captive, makes a free phone call by rigging the phone booth etc.

"SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?" :D

Edit: These days the movie Ex-Machina could turn out to be a cult classic in the future :) I also got that chill down my spine when Ava breaks into a smile near the end of the movie. That smile is what was chilling to me.

Edit: These days the movie Ex-Machina could turn out to be a cult classic in the future :) I also got that chill down my spine when Ava breaks into a smile near the end of the movie. That smile is what was chilling to me.
Yeah. The ending and quite chilling and thought provoking at teh same time.
I think that's true. I deliberately didn't read about the actors before going for the movie. It makes you relate to the character rather than the actor playing it. But these actors are gonna be big now. Both the male leads are in the next Star Wars while the lady is rumored to be in the Assassins's Creed movie.

The Apartment - 8.3/10
Jack Lemmon all the way.. :)

The Killers - 7.7/10
Burt Lancaster.. this burly fellow could act!

Le Trou - 8.2/10
Prison break story from BnW era. Not disappointed one bit.

Ex Machina - 7.8/10
Passable.

Tanu Weds Manu Returns - 8.2/10
Both the Kanganas ought to win multiple prizes for the effort. Deepak Dobriyal deserves accolades as well. Nicely done.
Movie could have been better, 10-15 mins saw its tempo drop/waive.

Last edited:
Robots (2005) - 9/10 for me its a masterpiece. the story, creativity, dialogues and so many inspirational quotes so easily and masterfully wooven into the script. I love it when ever I watch it. one of my favorite movies.

Tanu weds Manu returns 2015; rating 4/5..

Very entertaining, laugh riot.
Splendid performance from Kangana Ranaut, recommended from my side.

Kingsman - WTF/10
spot on for Kingsman!

Back