Reliance Jio Rollout

I am looking to buy Flame 6 for 3months free data.. I have following query, someone please help.
1. How is the wifi range of the mobile device? Will it cover my full apartment 3k sqft, if kept it in the central lounge area?
2. How to connect it to my Netgear R7000 AC router. If wifi signal is bad.
3. Is the service reliable enough to replace BSNL broadband service.
4. If anyone is using in similar fashion, please share your experience.
Many Thanks
One thing I just wanted to add is make sure you look up the coverage in your area. From what has been said in this thread Jio's coverage for the most part is good with indoors not being that great.

One thing I just wanted to add is make sure you look up the coverage in your area. From what has been said in this thread Jio's coverage for the most part is good with indoors not being that great.
Yes, that's my worry too. Folks please let me regarding coverage in Chennai (600064). It seems a worthwhile investment as a temporary broadband connection.

Talked to Pune Reliance Digital (Amanora Mall)... The guy said the handsets with offer are available in there but today is the last day to avail free data bundle.

Edit : The offer is still available, I think the guy wanted me to buy ASAP and given false information.

I went to other RD and got wind 6.

Last edited:
After some help from the kind members here I got the flame 5 for Rs 3200 (Shopkeeper wanted additional 200 saying he himself gets the set for 3K) and till now it has been working great ! No overheating either & lasting me a good deal on hotspot on wifi. On USB tethering its working continuously without any drop in battery since last 4-5 hrs ! Guess this will suffice for me if it doesn't fries up without notice :p

Speed ranges are from 5Mbps till 35Mbps on speedtest. Torrents going upto 3.2MBps( 25Mbps) so I'm not happy, I'm Elated :D:D

Now I have a Dlink 2750U router. I tried connecting it with the phone on USB tether mode but the router doesn't recognizes it in tether mode at all. Any headsup as to how I can use it ?

Last edited:
After some help from the kind members here I got the flame 6 for Rs 3200 (Shopkeeper wanted additional 200 saying he himself gets the set for 3K) and till now it has been working great ! No overheating either & lasting me a good deal on hotspot on wifi. On USB tethering its working continuously without any drop in battery since last 4-5 hrs ! Guess this will suffice for me if it doesn't fries up without notice :p

Speed ranges are from 5Mbps till 35Mbps on speedtest. Torrents going upto 3.2MBps( 25Mbps) so I'm not happy, I'm Elated :D:D

Now I have a Dlink 2750U router. I tried connecting it with the phone on USB tether mode but the router doesn't recognizes it in tether mode at all. Any headsup as to how I can use it ?

I am also in same boat. Want to connect wind 6 with Netgear router but don`t know how?

@Vagabond have you started using JIO data yet? If so, what area are you located in Pune and what speeds are you seeing?

@vishalrao I am using it as hotspot. I am getting 10Mbps (+/- 2) in Rahatani / Pimple Saudagar area... Speeds improves as I try go take the mobile outside.

I also checked the speedtest app in following areas (all in open)...

Near Pune University / Chatushrungi temple 12 Mbps

Aundh (Breman Chowk) 15 Mbps

Warje 10Mbps

Narhe (JSPM Campus) 23 Mbps[DOUBLEPOST=1468294069][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mention the model number. Probably you might get a custom fw with support. I haven't been able to find much on my Dlink 2750U
Netgear JNR3210

Back