Reliance Jio Rollout

RJio customer service sucks.

Bought handset on July 13th.
Activated on July 14th. Speed at home 20Mbps DL and 3.5Mbps UL. Good enough. Hotspot worked fine, call quality was decent.
Data stopped working on July 16th throwing an error message. Called CC, they said the unlimited 3 months data isn't activated (initial quota is 2GB) and will be done in 24 hours.
Its been more than 30 hours and nothing has happened despite calling CC twice. Haven't even received a SMS with ticket number.
This sucks. Anyone else faced this issue? Potential buyers beware. Location: Chennai. Handset: LYF Flame 2

9YCMTgwl.jpg
Bought the phone yesterday and it was activated today afternoon, within few hours the limit was reached and getting the same error as yours. Called CC and they said that it would be fixed in 6 hours (at 8:30pm) and Its already 10:45pm so not much impressed.
Hope they fix it tomorrow morning as I bought the phone only for Internet.
Speed was good http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5485048953
Sometimes reached 19Mbps download and 6Mbps upload

My USB tethering speed has suddenly dropped to around 2mbps down and 8mbps up, using "ROOTER" firmware on both Raspberry Pi 2 & TP Link 1043ND router. However, direct connection to computer or laptop gives around 30mbps down speed... Any help will be highly appreciated...[DOUBLEPOST=1468907754][/DOUBLEPOST]I brought one more phone and TPLINK 3420 router for the same data offer. But got the latest revision v3 of the router, please be careful buying, v3 of 3420 is not supported officially and there is no custom firmware available for that model.

Huh? So comparing data usage of saavn, subway surfer, whatsapp etc with apps integrated into the phone OS ie the Jio apps on LYF is same? And then what has RAM anything to do with it?

Let me repeat and expand on what I have said. I have read back in May about My Jio showing 100s of MB used even in downtime. I don't know what that is all about. It could very well be Jio doing an extensive data collection or doing stress testing, who knows. Given the network was/is in testing phase and there is free data being given the situation does look likely. There have been multiple updates on the Jio apps so things could have been removed/optimised. So this might not affect during commercial operations. That said, this number could have been reported as part of the "26 GB" per user in the article.

I dont know about your phone but people who bought LYF phones here are able to uninstall Jio apps from their phones. We have installed and uninstalled Jio apps from Non LYF phones also. No root or any other step is needed to uninstall them. When motorola sells phones on flipkart, flipkart app is already installed on the phone.That does not make the flipkart app integrated into the phone OS. So I feel Jio apps are not different than any other apps. saavn etc and Jio apps are all apples for me.

When I say RAM free is RAM wasted in android, what I mean is once you open the app, the app will remain in RAM till android kernel decides that the free RAM is less than what is required to open another app not already in RAM and decides to kill one of the existing running apps just to free up RAM. Swiping the apps from recent apps tray does not stop them according to conventional belief. so a user opens a Jio app, it will keep on running till it gets killed by the android kernel or if the user goes to settings>apps>Jio app>force stop. So this answers your first doubt why the app is always running in background

second doubt is about data usage. For that please do a scientific test. Unistall the app, again install the app. Dont open the app ever, and just tell us what is the figure under data consumption after a day or two. That will clear your second doubt

My USB tethering speed has suddenly dropped to around 2mbps down and 8mbps up, using "ROOTER" firmware on both Raspberry Pi 2 & TP Link 1043ND router. However, direct connection to computer or laptop gives around 30mbps down speed... Any help will be highly appreciated...

To avoid slow speed problems on USB tethering via router always use a high quality USB cable preferably a short one.

Cannot connect to psn network using wifi hotspot.. Was working fine till yesterday.. Suddenly stopped working. Im using it with lyf handset btw.. Any idea how to fix it.. My bsnl BB wifi is working though.. Just cant get jio hotspot to work.. [emoji17]

I dont know about your phone but people who bought LYF phones here are able to uninstall Jio apps from their phones. We have installed and uninstalled Jio apps from Non LYF phones also. No root or any other step is needed to uninstall them. When motorola sells phones on flipkart, flipkart app is already installed on the phone.That does not make the flipkart app integrated into the phone OS. So I feel Jio apps are not different than any other apps. saavn etc and Jio apps are all apples for me.

When I say RAM free is RAM wasted in android, what I mean is once you open the app, the app will remain in RAM till android kernel decides that the free RAM is less than what is required to open another app not already in RAM and decides to kill one of the existing running apps just to free up RAM. Swiping the apps from recent apps tray does not stop them according to conventional belief. so a user opens a Jio app, it will keep on running till it gets killed by the android kernel or if the user goes to settings>apps>Jio app>force stop. So this answers your first doubt why the app is always running in background

second doubt is about data usage. For that please do a scientific test. Unistall the app, again install the app. Dont open the app ever, and just tell us what is the figure under data consumption after a day or two. That will clear your second doubt

Yes, the Jio apps can be deleted/uninstalled.

Coming to data usage - Pretty sure the there wasnt much data being used by the other Jio apps, hardly a few MB. Might be for notifications.

Ironically, I feel that the Wind 4 has a very aggressive RAM manager. Have seen Pokemon GO quit quite a few times on me ie force close. Not with Ingress, though.

I got an SMS stating to download and register Jio Beats, Jio Money, Jio Ondemand and Jio Play to avail free preview offer. Is that mandator?

I got an SMS stating to download and register Jio Beats, Jio Money, Jio Ondemand and Jio Play to avail free preview offer. Is that mandator?

AFAIK, this was not mandatory for Lyf phones - I started all waaay after 10-12 days of activation. Are you using a Samsung SIM? I cannot comment in that case.

Back