Reliance Jio Rollout

i don't use it for calling, but yes you can use the calling feature using the jiojoin app from playstore as oneplus x is not a volte enabled device, a software update is needed, i use it for data services, not tried sms too

Check if you have anything under the upcoming plan tab. Also does the validity 2036 shows under the base plan offering for Volte+ if yes then it's normal.
I can't find the upcoming plan tab on mobile but on the site it shows I have one upcoming plan. And the 2036 shows under BasePlan. Problem is without the message, I don't even know when the upcoming plan kicks in, just that the validity is of 30 days.

I am in GGN, and I have never seen full signals. Only 4 dots signals not 5. this is in 6s. and I am around cyber citty, dlf phase 3, and udyog vihar phase v.

I am in GGN, and I have never seen full signals. Only 4 dots signals not 5. this is in 6s. and I am around cyber citty, dlf phase 3, and udyog vihar phase v.

On my iPhone SE i get 4 dots when i am right next to the tower , like literally standing next to it :confused:

Hmm so looks like the recharge I saw was correct one but why do they keep increasing by 15 days each. It seems as if they don't have better Project Managers and keep missing deadlines so keep doing incremental recharges.

Btw, anyone been able to do a VoLTE video call on non-LYF phones? I have a Moto G4 and I see there is an option for enhanced LTE for "voice and other communications" and "HD" calls work but I don't get an option for Video VoLTE call and even someone on the other end with LYF phone can upgrade the call to video - they get an error saying upgrade failed.

Hmm so looks like the recharge I saw was correct one but why do they keep increasing by 15 days each. It seems as if they don't have better Project Managers and keep missing deadlines so keep doing incremental recharges.

Btw, anyone been able to do a VoLTE video call on non-LYF phones? I have a Moto G4 and I see there is an option for enhanced LTE for "voice and other communications" and "HD" calls work but I don't get an option for Video VoLTE call and even someone on the other end with LYF phone can upgrade the call to video - they get an error saying upgrade failed.
i tried with jiojoin app, bad experience i must say, maybe i should try it with other volte user for a better idea

i tried with jiojoin app, bad experience i must say, maybe i should try it with other volte user for a better idea
Jio Join doesn't work on phones which Jio recognises as VoLTE enabled. So no go.[DOUBLEPOST=1471419737][/DOUBLEPOST]After much searching I found this - There is something called ViLTE or Video Over LTE and as per this page:
http://www.datareign.com/reliance-jio-4g-network-volte-vilte-supported-smartphones-list.html

none of the Motorola models with VoLTE have ViLTE enabled on them. I tried installing Jio Join and trying a video call, it goes to the default dialer on G4. So not sure what to do. But in any case, it seems there is a small %age of phones which can make full use of Jio's capabilities.

Last edited:
Jio Join doesn't work on phones which Jio recognises as VoLTE enabled. So no go..

I doubt that. You can use jio Join on all LYF phones and they all are VoLTE enabled.
Jio Join is designed as an app that enables Voice calls over a JIO 4G network. So if your VoLTE phone is not getting signal but it is connected to a JIO 4G network via WIFI, you can make voice call via Jio Join.

I doubt that. You can use jio Join on all LYF phones and they all are VoLTE enabled.
Jio Join is designed as an app that enables Voice calls over a JIO 4G network. So if your VoLTE phone is not getting signal but it is connected to a JIO 4G network via WIFI, you can make voice call via Jio Join.
That was the default behavior of earlier Jio Join versions which seem to be corrected. As I said in the following merged post:
I tried installing Jio Join and trying a video call, it goes to the default dialer on G4. So not sure what to do. But in any case, it seems there is a small %age of phones which can make full use of Jio's capabilities.

Back