Reliance Jio Rollout

For the SIM from samsung offer to receive SMS, does it have to be on a samsung phone? I'm trying to sign up into myjio app (not activate unlimited plan) but not receiving the OTP.

I saw a guy distributing Jio Sims outside my office. He was giving out postpaid sim cards to employees. I did not have time to talk to him and get more info. Will try on Monday.
I am not sure why Jio is still calling this as trial if they are distributing postpaid sims.

I saw a guy distributing Jio Sims outside my office. He was giving out postpaid sim cards to employees. I did not have time to talk to him and get more info. Will try on Monday.
I am not sure why Jio is still calling this as trial if they are distributing postpaid sims.

Which location? Mumbai? Please get his number if it is Mumbai

For the SIM from samsung offer to receive SMS, does it have to be on a samsung phone? I'm trying to sign up into myjio app (not activate unlimited plan) but not receiving the OTP.
As of now there is no way to activate the unlimited preview on any other phone which is not a part of the promo.
The maximum speed even on band 40 is not more than 6 to 8 mbps these days.
For me its somewhere around 15/16mb.
Miui updates and play store downloads on jio are super slow.
Miui servers are always slow but Google play store is working perfectly.

I think many people are having problems with OTP currently. Many people were posting about this in Jio FB group(Jio Reliance Users).

Did you try signing up from desktop also?

Last edited:
I think many people are having problems with OTP currently. Many people were posting about this in Jio FB group(Jio Reliance Users).

Did you try signing up from desktop also?

Same issue, no OTP.[DOUBLEPOST=1472230695][/DOUBLEPOST]
As of now there is no way to activate the unlimited preview on any other phone which is not a part of the promo.

Not trying to activate unlimited plan, trying to create a Jio id.

So much throttling being reported (Dls, Dailymotion, mobile yt, torrents) might be a a long term strategy than a short term measure. Maybe they'll deliver very lower cost, get a lot of users l and manage quality in crowded places by restricting speeds. I don't think sending out 4g data out costs much but is limited by spectrum right?

My experience with Jio :
I got the Sim from Banjara Hills, without much effort only 3 people in the Que, I was having code and device in hand - got sim in less than 5min.

2 days passed no activation Sms - went back to reliance outlet as nobody was answering the phone in Jio customer care number for 15min.

I found out the person who took my documents, he immediately responded ; the problem was wrong entry of alternative contact number.
Person was very cordial, offered coffee and came out with another Sim - apologetically gave me a more tacky number this time.

Got activation Sms in 5 hrs, activated working fine. Getting very good speeds.
Though network is patchy at times , the voice calls have a metallic quality, but comprehensible. It drops connection & calls suddenly which is bothersome. Overall its definitely in beta version and not fit for commercial launch. It's not worth paying currently.

Jio Magazine app is awesome, you can download for offline reading, I could find most of the magazines (who'd be offline if data is free?). The Movie and music apps are as good as its Google counterparts. We can have a dedicated thread for Jio apps IMHO.

Finally it's a second attempt by Reliance bros to take on Airtel, first one failed miserably, this attempt has already impacted rivals pretty badly. Let's see, if this succeeds we might see many acquisition and mergers in Telecom and IT industry.

Back