Reliance Jio Rollout

Now, some local shops are do eKYC and provide the JIO SIM cards. The funny part is they charge anywhere from 100 to 300 Rs.
Coz Jio is charging that shops for sim cards, If u buy phones then the sim is free if u want it without the phone and don't want to stand in a line then pay that nominal fee.

Received a message yesterday saying that my SIM is ready for tele-verification. Did that today (only Data). Received a confirmation too.

The issue is that my phone says "No Service" for Jio SIM. Tried many solutions available online but nothing.

Phone is Redmi 2 Prime. This has been the case since I got the SIM. The SIM is in first slot. Any one facing the same?

Received a message yesterday saying that my SIM is ready for tele-verification. Did that today (only Data). Received a confirmation too.

The issue is that my phone says "No Service" for Jio SIM. Tried many solutions available online but nothing.

Phone is Redmi 2 Prime. This has been the case since I got the SIM. The SIM is in first slot. Any one facing the same?

Try putting only Jio sim in the phone in the primary slot. Once you get the network, you can put back the other sim in the second slot.

Try these if you havent already.
  • Enable data roaming.
  • Make sure jio is the only sim on 4G network.
  • Set apn as jionet.
  • Switch sim slots.
  • Make sure data is enabled on jio.

It seems that the 1 yr free calling offer on LYF phones is real. My friends aunt got an SMS saying that they've got free calling till Dec 2017.
I removed my Jio SIM from my LYF phone, and didn't get the sms. :(
Are you sure about that ? My jio sim is still inside the lyf phone but I didn't receive such message.

Try these if you havent already.
  • Enable data roaming.
  • Make sure jio is the only sim on 4G network.
  • Set apn as jionet.
  • Switch sim slots.
  • Make sure data is enabled on jio.

Tried all that. Still the same issue. Also, when I try to search for a network to register manually, it throws a popup "Couldn't search for mobile networks". Currently on MIUI 7.5.3.0. One time out of 10 it does show the networks list but when selecting Jio 4G, it says that my sim isn't allowed to register on this network.

Tried all that. Still the same issue. Also, when I try to search for a network to register manually, it throws a popup "Couldn't search for mobile networks". Currently on MIUI 7.5.3.0. One time out of 10 it does show the networks list but when selecting Jio 4G, it says that my sim isn't allowed to register on this network.
I remember MIUI7 (7.5.x.x) having problems with Jio Sim in one of my friend's Mi Max, Can you update to MIUI8 if it's available for your Device.

Did u tried the aim with any other 4g phone if not check whether it works with that phone if yes then there is something wrong with your phone, If not then get the sim checked it's quite possible the sim they gave u is not the one which is activated and some other sim was activated. Contact the dealer/Reliance store from where u got the simcard.

redmi 2 prime latest official stable rom is MIUI7 7.5.3.0. And 4g/jio works fine on this.

My guess is it's the sim...

Okay the issue was that a different SIM was activated and not the SIM that I had. I went to the store and got it replaced. Now it's working.

I am getting ~2mbps. Is this normal? (Hitech city, Hyderabad)

Last edited:
Edit: After tele-verification (voice and data) now whenever I try to call a number, I get connected to 1977 and it asks me to verify again. This is happening when I try to dial any number.
This means you're not on Welcome offer. Get it activated. Tweet @jiocare

I am getting ~2mbps. Is this normal? (Hitech city, Hyderabad)

yeah, low mbps is the new normal. welcome to the Indian definition of 4g (2g to 3g speeds)

vodafone 4g works about as fast as 3g in developed countries (10mbps+)

Back