Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

anyone from south delhi using the plan? reliance signal is very low in my area , i have tried netconnect and reliance evdo , and they both gave horrifying speed , does this mean broadband will also be slow ?

Bit the bullet and requested an upgrade to Thunder Zoom 699 plan i.e. 2mbps. Took a day longer than the promised 48 hours but the upgrade was completed as of midnight on the 31st.

Pleased to say that the speeds are actually more than advertised and the ping seems to have improved significantly. I consistently get download speeds ~2.4 mbps.

Bit the bullet and requested an upgrade to Thunder Zoom 699 plan i.e. 2mbps. Took a day longer than the promised 48 hours but the upgrade was completed as of midnight on the 31st.

Pleased to say that the speeds are actually more than advertised and the ping seems to have improved significantly. I consistently get download speeds ~2.4 mbps.

Speedtest.net screenshot please ?

the 699 plan has no FUP?and wat about the 4mbps plan,does it have any FUP?i am on the mtnl 1889 cost 2mbps plan,but because of a glitch i get 4mbps speeds...

Speedtest.net screenshot please ?

Sure. Will upload when I get home.

the 699 plan has no FUP?and wat about the 4mbps plan,does it have any FUP?i am on the mtnl 1889 cost 2mbps plan,but because of a glitch i get 4mbps speeds...

Nope. AFAIK, Reliance plans have no FUP. I was on the Night Zoom 549? plan (600 kbps/day and 1mbps/night) for nearly 2 years and no FUP during all that time.

Faraz Bro, Thanks. Once I get the connection I shall ask you the steps to configure.
Also, I read somewhere that you have to clone MAC Address etc. Did you do such things?

I did nothing. I just let the software set it up. Worked fine out of the box. Remember that only wifi router will work, modem + router wont.

I did nothing. I just let the software set it up. Worked fine out of the box. Remember that only wifi router will work, modem + router wont.

Although I have Modem+Router, still I have another query. Do you need to keep your computer on or you can access internet through your other mobile devices even if the PC is switched off.

Is Thunder 1099 available in Mumbai?

The number 022-30333333 is hardly helpful. I have sent them an inquiry mail. What I couldn't ask them in mail was - How good and stable is the connectivity?

The installation charge is only Rs.599/-. Does that include Modem or do I have to use my own modem? I have Failtel's Beetel 450BXI ADSL2+ Router. Will it work with Reliance connection?

Suppose the Failtel device is not compatible and I get a new Wireless router -
All my devices are configured to use Failtel router and I don't want to reconfigure them. So on the new device will keeping the same SSID and Key help?

Time to dump Failtel :evilgrin39: Evil Laugh

OT -
Can we have a smiley that signifies evil with a sinister laugh - "Mu.... hahahaha...."? The most evil smiley - :evilgrin39: - of all smilies available here fails to depict how evil I am feeling at the moment thinking about dumping Failtel.

talked to customer care , they said there is no service in my area :( .. south delhi , jamia , okhla

- - - Updated - - -

talked to customer care , they said there is no service in my area :( .. south delhi , jamia , okhla

Is Thunder 1099 available in Mumbai?

The number 022-30333333 is hardly helpful. I have sent them an inquiry mail. What I couldn't ask them in mail was - How good and stable is the connectivity?

The installation charge is only Rs.599/-. Does that include Modem or do I have to use my own modem? I have Failtel's Beetel 450BXI ADSL2+ Router. Will it work with Reliance connection?

Suppose the Failtel device is not compatible and I get a new Wireless router -
All my devices are configured to use Failtel router and I don't want to reconfigure them. So on the new device will keeping the same SSID and Key help?

Time to dump Failtel :evilgrin39: Evil Laugh

OT -
Can we have a smiley that signifies evil with a sinister laugh - "Mu.... hahahaha...."? The most evil smiley - :evilgrin39: - of all smilies available here fails to depict how evil I am feeling at the moment thinking about dumping Failtel.
Where do u get 77 mbps speed??

Called 1800 3000 7777 and placed a request for a new connection. As per the customer care, my area has Reliance broadband service. I was told the local team would contact me in the next 48 hours.

Lets see how it goes.

Back