Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

Do we still have to login to their stupid portal before we can start browsing ? This is the only thing which i dont like. None of the ISPs deploy this kind of vague authentication system. I had reliance for 2 months back in 06 got fed up and disconnected.
Anyone can confirm or ask them that what if user wants to have static IP with no login portal. You switch on the Modem and start browsing.

Do we still have to login to their stupid portal before we can start browsing ? This is the only thing which i dont like. None of the ISPs deploy this kind of vague authentication system. I had reliance for 2 months back in 06 got fed up and disconnected.
Anyone can confirm or ask them that what if user wants to have static IP with no login portal. You switch on the Modem and start browsing.

Not possible. I have tried to get that done.

@sameer.sharma This is the best I get :|

2268452542.png

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking of getting reliance broadband [living in noida]
is there anything that i need to know about reliance ? any problems what so ever ... getting the 4mbps plan for 1100

is there anything special?like regular disconnects? i am expecting a normal broadband without any problems here and there [ a few posts above i saw that u have to log in everytime u need to use the internet ]

also , i am reading previous pages and see something about not getting dload speed in torrents
is that the case ? i normally use ipt but not always

^There is no landline actually. Your beetle router won't work, instead buy another "only" router (without modem). You'll have to set up wifi yourself, Reliance mofos will charge 400 for this. I even talked to complained this to their all india CC and they just denied my complain.

so should i go for the 1099 plan ?
is any1 using this in noida ? what kinds of speed are u getting?
also , if i call the toll free cc number on monday[since tom in sunday] how much time will they take to install the net ? i am guessing 5 days max

How much would be extra expense if get it for 1 month and then get disconnection...??
I doubt anyone here is having a Reliance connection in my city.. :p so need to test it for one month first
Btw, need to go to office first and verify do they give connection in city.. never heard anyone using it :p

Have to go for Tikona in the end. Reliance doesn't provide connection in my area. BSNL has no point vacant around my area. Airtel FUP sucks. I'm left with Tikona. :-\

May I know for which reason you tried to complain n u r not properly entertained?

Also mention your region/state.

well i had a loose cable issue with the antenna which im facing from a week, one needs to hold the cable tight for it work, i have called them and registered 6 cases in 7 days all that happens is they give a case number over the phone and the next morning i get a text that the case is closed, hence i wrote the mail to the chairman's office, and finally an engineer visited and he changed the cable and left and later the same issue reoccured, cos it wasnt the cable it was a jack on the antenna, and they need to replace antenna, awaiting engineer to turn up tomorrow morning

im from bangalore / karnataka, PM me if you want to check the mails i've written

well i had a loose cable issue with the antenna which im facing from a week, one needs to hold the cable tight for it work, i have called them and registered 6 cases in 7 days all that happens is they give a case number over the phone and the next morning i get a text that the case is closed, hence i wrote the mail to the chairman's office, and finally an engineer visited and he changed the cable and left and later the same issue reoccured, cos it wasnt the cable it was a jack on the antenna, and they need to replace antenna, awaiting engineer to turn up tomorrow morning

im from bangalore / karnataka, PM me if you want to check the mails i've written

Think I am facing the same issue been without connection for almost a month now, could you post the chairman's office mail id here!?

Reliance sales guy called me few mins back and offered me Thunder plans. i asked them i want static IP on 1099 4 Mbps plan. is it possible ? he said sir for static IP you have to go for 1100 SME plan(1 Mbps) with free static IP with no Login . always ON.
On thunder plan he cant provide me static IP but i have to relogin after 8 hours. So i dropped the idea of getting it.

I dont trust reliance at all..... They might give u da connection but will jack up all ur bills.....
Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

Well, no offense but last few posts seems a bit biased.

I have used Reliance for the last 1 year and didn't had a major problem with them. There were some minor issues. But nothing like 'jacked-up bills' or un-consistent speeds.
Whenever my connection was working it always gave me the advertised speeds and often more than that. That too while I don't live in a big metro city.

The login page requirement is a very small issue once you consider the quality and plans (IMO).

Well, no offense but last few posts seems a bit biased.

I have used Reliance for the last 1 year and didn't had a major problem with them. There were some minor issues. But nothing like 'jacked-up bills' or un-consistent speeds.
Whenever my connection was working it always gave me the advertised speeds and often more than that. That too while I don't live in a big metro city.

The login page requirement is a very small issue once you consider the quality and plans (IMO).
if thats the case the above comments from you are biased as well, Biased is a wrong term my friend, its supposed to be personal experience, just cos your experience is good doesnt mean others dont have issue and vice versa, maybe you dont live in a metro city and they dont have large customer base compared to metros hence the special treatment cos they have very less customer base there !!

All i can say is, i had a good experience with reliance initially but soon realised that my happiness was short lived, hope the same doesnt happen with you

I am going to get the connection tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Please suggest cheapest wifi router that can be used with Ethernet/Cat5 cable.

Thanks

Back