Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

So from past 3 days I had a problem was not able to use internet, and was getting network failure. After repeated calls to CC, got to know that since there was no internet recharge in it so it was the problem. Now I recharged with 3G internet connection for 102 Rs 300 MB and then still it didnt worked. So give a call to CC and got some nice rep. He said that first shut down the phone, remove the battery and the card for a minute and then put in. Also he will change the settings from there from his end. Now after the phone restarts type ALL and send this sms to 52586. I asked him y this happens. He said that if yiu remove the simcard from the phone the settings get changed immediatly. So never remove the sim card of the phone. Now first I updated my phone which got easily updated after internet started. When I tried to install skype I got an error after 45 minutes, skype installation failed error 495. When I tried to update maps, after 2 hrs I got maps installation failed error 691. When I tried to update streets, after 2 hrs I got streets installation failed error 691. Now tell me guys what should I do. Is 3G internet connection a problem on samsung galaxy note.
No 3G issues here, working flawlessly at my end. But then again it depends from place to place and proximity to the tower. Did you try to install the applications through wifi? In addition download the apk and transfer through computer.

Even i am facing the same problem
i bought it 3 days back and updated it to ics and now the battery is running out like anything
so please help me guys
Happens to me some times, the phone forgets for some reason to go into deep sleep, and with high processing cycles it heats up alongwith rapid battery draining. Restarting the phone usually solves it for me.

No 3G issues here, working flawlessly at my end. But then again it depends from place to place and proximity to the tower. Did you try to install the applications through wifi? In addition download the apk and transfer through computer.

Nope I dont have a wifi at hme. I tried doing it again today several times still the same error message.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Can someone get me any of these cases from US to India. I can pay you for that. If you are a US citizen purchase it and then ship it to me in India. Any one who can help then I can transfer you the money through netbanking ICICI bank.

Ok. All this emmc bug thing is scaring me. But I want to root. Can anyone tell me what is the safest way to root currently and the safest way to try custom roms or modified stock roms? Im on stock ICS. I updated my phone OTA to the latest firmware a week back I think. But though the firmware version changed the kernel remained the same. Links on step by step instructions will be really helpful. Thanks

so my note has decided the following -
"i have given this guy a great deal of pain,made him suffer a decent amount of loss,made his gf think that he is purposly switching off his cell at crucial moments to signify a lack of interest but,this guy now has his plans on a xperia s and i shall be back to my former self"
how else can you explain a phone dropping calls incessantly,giving atmost 5 hours of battery life and end number of bugs to being a phone which is giving me 2 days of battery life and a smooth experience for the past 3 days.
i shit you not,i have not even done one single change in any setting thus far.long may this continue.

Ok. All this emmc bug thing is scaring me. But I want to root. Can anyone tell me what is the safest way to root currently and the safest way to try custom roms or modified stock roms? Im on stock ICS. I updated my phone OTA to the latest firmware a week back I think. But though the firmware version changed the kernel remained the same. Links on step by step instructions will be really helpful. Thanks
Any one? And has any one used GL_NOTECORE_EXTREME OR STANDARD kernel? What is the best rom and kernel for maximum smoothness and performance without losing s-pen functionality? [h=2][/h]

Guys... I tried to do something on my own using some tutorials and flashed the GL_NOTECORE_standard kernel and install SU from CWM. Everything was fine. I installed screen density app and rebooted the phone and it is stuck at intial boot screen. So in a hurry I did a factory reset from CMW but still stuck on boot screen, so I dont think it is hard brick. Help me atleast now!! :-( Im thinking of flashing stock rom through pc odin

^^ Safest option. Flash a stock GB ROM from ODIN, and then flash what ever ROM you want.

Make sure you flash to the GB ROM first.

Buggy!!!!??????

No App crash and 3 days battery life under normal usage doesn't sound buggy to me...

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

This update seems to bring Pop-up video from S3...
and new signature lock (unlock screen with your signature using s-pen)
other than that all are minor bug fixes...

Apex Launcher, Tapatalk, Twitter, PVR Cinemas among other crash regularly for me. I am talking 4-5 crashes a day if I use the phone heavily. Never happened on Imilka's CM (and that was a mash-up). Mind you my ICS install is a clean one. Reformat, wipe, etc

I do get 2 days of battery life on Normalish use.

Buggy!!!!??????

No App crash and 3 days battery life under normal usage doesn't sound buggy to me...

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

This update seems to bring Pop-up video from S3...
and new signature lock (unlock screen with your signature using s-pen)
other than that all are minor bug fixes...

Hi, heard the screen issue (color bands and weird patterns on screen when seen in grey shades) was a common issue. What im facing in my 5 day old Note is wife issue. what happened was when i updated it to ICS i could not connect it to wifi, so i formatted it and then everything went alright, now this morning it again is refusing to connect to wifi! is there a solution? thanks

Hi, heard the screen issue (color bands and weird patterns on screen when seen in grey shades) was a common issue. What im facing in my 5 day old Note is wife issue. what happened was when i updated it to ICS i could not connect it to wifi, so i formatted it and then everything went alright, now this morning it again is refusing to connect to wifi! is there a solution? thanks

Wife issue:hail:
Buddy no one was able to found solution to this issue..........

Have you tried checking it with a different wife router :lol::lol: check with a different router, was the problem present in Gingerbread?

I had no wifi issue on stock ICS but on ParanoidAndroid (CM9 based). I posted the solution that worked for me here in XDA forum. It may not work for you but no harm in trying, all the best.

Anybody here running ICS 4.0.4 XXLRG/DXLR2 on their Note?

I just went up to DXLR2 (Singapore open) on Sunday morning, and believe me, it is a huge improvement over LPA.

All my overheating connection failure and fast battery drain issues have disappeared, and my Note is now far smoother that it was even on GB.

I just went up to DXLR2 (Singapore open) on Sunday morning, and believe me, it is a huge improvement over LPA.

All my overheating connection failure and fast battery drain issues have disappeared, and my Note is now far smoother that it was even on GB.

Are you on the stock kernel ? Heard that the Speedmod kernel is having issues with the bluetooth connectivity.

Also can you confirm if the phone is going in deep sleep, without any issues ?

Same here, using the german one and is much much better than 4.0.3, waiting for the indian one

Back