Samsung Galaxy S Family Thread

I remember someone posted about TV-out connector for either Vibrant or Captivate.. not able to find that post. Can somebody help please?

Guys, is the GPS issue fixed in Galaxy S? And also, what's the latest Android version available for this phone from Samsung?

Is Custom ROM support for this phone as good as the likes of Desire?

@clown_abhi....dude, You don't need any custom ROMs (and yes, there's plenty of support for it). I've recently picked up a used Galaxy S for 14K, Installed Gingerbread 2.3.3 (Europe release) and it's running super smooth. Officially, India hasn't received Gingerbread yet so you'll be stuck with Froyo but Europe has got the official release from Samsung and you can apply that manually without any issue or warranty being void. Haven't checked the GPS yet but many say that that has been fixed in 2.3.3.

Anyone runinng any Stable with good battery backup GB ROM on vibrant ? I tried couple of GB ROM from XDA but battery life sux. Right now i am on Trigger 3.2 and battery life is around 2 days. :)

Anyone tried CyanogenMod 7 - nightly on sgs how is the battery life and stability ?

@cisco_tech - 2 days of batt run is great . what are your usage ?

cisco_tech said:
Anyone runinng any Stable with good battery backup GB ROM on vibrant ? I tried couple of GB ROM from XDA but battery life sux. Right now i am on Trigger 3.2 and battery life is around 2 days. :)
Battery life depends more on the Kernel and modem too. I suggest using the Bali kernel. I'm currently using the latest 1.8.5UV and it's giving me great battery life. The UV kernel will help give a couple more hours as well. It's only for 2.2/2.2.1 though.

As for GB, I don't think any of the roms/kernels have great battery life yet. Have you tried CM7? Although I don't expect much battery life from it. I think it's better to stick to Froyo as of now. I haven't flashed any GB rom yet.

^^ hey viral !! hows going ?

yes i have tried CM7. but not happy with battery life and random FCs sometime.

Even i am going to stick to 2.2.1 for a while. I will flash with latest BALI. Any suggestion for modem ?

All gingerbread ROM's perform poorly in battery department, some update from Samsung is awaited in this regard. JL5 modem for Vibrant works good for me.

I haven't found much difference in the modems. Though many people have found some to be much better than the rest. See what works best for you. I'm using KB5.

Anyone Able to Run BSNL 3G on vibrant. i have been trying to setup. But Not getting Data Connection. tried WCDMA Only WCDMA/GSM and GSM only. Also added APN manually but not getting Data Connection.

Vibrant does support 2100 and on which BSNL 3G works.

Guys just got my galaxy s2 uk unlocked version..bought it from ebay uk for 32k.....my review for this phone is just one sentence "just but it if you have the money"..the phone is just awesome and so superior in every dam aspect...except the plastic built of the phone....and the phone really really light weight due to the plastic built....i will post the screenshots very soon...

bhishma said:
Guys just got my galaxy s2 uk unlocked version..bought it from ebay uk for 32k.....my review for this phone is just one sentence "just but it if you have the money"..the phone is just awesome and so superior in every dam aspect...except the plastic built of the phone....and the phone really really light weight due to the plastic built....i will post the screenshots very soon...
You have posted this same in two different threads. Why not start a Show off thread of yours?

So, posting back again. Achieved the download mode thing and flashed Darky 10.1 on my Captivate. But not at all satisfied. It lags, though battery life is better. Thinking of flashing Continuum 5.5, heard that it's good.

And, did anyone try the new TalonDEV 0.2.1 Kernel? [strike]is it compatible with the Darky Rom?[/strike]

UPDATE: Just flashed Talon 0.2.1 onto Darky 10.1. Will post impressions soon.

cisco_tech said:
Anyone Able to Run BSNL 3G on vibrant. i have been trying to setup. But Not getting Data Connection. tried WCDMA Only WCDMA/GSM and GSM only. Also added APN manually but not getting Data Connection.

Vibrant does support 2100 and on which BSNL 3G works.

Its my bloody SIM card. I popped in my friend's BSNL 3G SIM and Got instant HSDPA connectivity on vibrant. I tried my SIM in iPhone 3G and after setting up APN and everything. It is not working. So it is either SIM or something wrong at BSNL's end with my Number. :(

Back