Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 2 launching 13-14 april in India

The thing is selling for 42K on ebay! Anyway is 28k for the one with exynos or for the tegra 2 one?

i have a felling it wont be he super amoled+ version.. prolly slcd for that price???

lol is there one with the slcd? It's gonna be the international specc'd S2..
Recap back to the SGS, same pricing difference, India is hella cheap for phones during launch, except the overrated apple crap.

Whoa.. Both dual cores releasing almost simultaneously with lesser than expected prices.. If its gonna be available for 28k, then au revoir O2X and Xperia Arc.. :)

India is never cheap at launch, true the price comes down drastically within few weeks though

erm, it is extremely cheap at launch, for example, i bought the SGS on day of launch for 27k, when it was retailing at the exact same price outside india as the current SGS2... do not take the contract prices into consideration, just the factory unlocked ones..

I9100 is Exynos. I9103 is Tegra 2 and perhaps not even launched yet.

India is cheap at launch? Where? Which phone?

The lowest it has been on ebay India is 37K and all other US sites have it at around $850+. If this thing is @28K w/ SLCD I'm getting one for sure :p

But I think it will be priced at 32K atleast.

quixand said:
India is cheap at launch? Where? Which phone?
The lowest it has been on ebay India is 37K and all other US sites have it at around $850+.
The SGSII has been launched in neither India nor the US. Your comparison is hence moot :p

sathyanaidu said:
yup, 28~29k was the quoted price :D

where in bangalore did they quote??

my bro went yesterday to chroma/univercell...they said it would be around 35k it seems.

I know many would laugh at this, but chroma/univercell are the low end players in the local mobile market.. when the SGS launched there was a limit of 5/10 per store and none of these mobile chains had them in store. They got it a week later. And IIRC only 4 or 5 dealers in bangalore got hold of it.
^ Well my dealer quoted a price of 28~29k, a few others getting the same quote as well.. Will definitely update this thread as soon I buy one..
@quixand, I know for a fact that its cheaper here coz when the SGS launched, ebay india, shopyourworld etc put the phone at 42k. If you're gonna compare it with that price, its totally baseless.. coz I bought the SGS on launch for 27k. In the US, the launch price was close to 700$(the conversion rate was around 48 then) which is 33k. Its the case with all brands except apple...

sathyanaidu said:
I know many would laugh at this, but chroma/univercell are the low end players in the local mobile market.. when the SGS launched there was a limit of 5/10 per store and none of these mobile chains had them in store. They got it a week later. And IIRC only 4 or 5 dealers in bangalore got hold of it.

^ Well my dealer quoted a price of 28~29k, a few others getting the same quote as well.. Will definitely update this thread as soon I buy one..

@quixand, I know for a fact that its cheaper here coz when the SGS launched, ebay india, shopyourworld etc put the phone at 42k. If you're gonna compare it with that price, its totally baseless.. coz I bought the SGS on launch for 27k. In the US, the launch price was close to 700$(the conversion rate was around 48 then) which is 33k. Its the case with all brands except apple...

Let me know the source mate, i wanna buy a SGS2 the moment its available if its 28-29k or maybe even 30k,

i just checked with local dealer at Delhi

he was saying that its available for 32-33k . the actual price depends upon availability when i go t buy the phone he said clearly

stalker said:
The SGSII has been launched in neither India nor the US. Your comparison is hence moot :p

How so? I've compared what you will have to pay at the moment to get one in the US or from India. Once it is available in stores the prices are obviously set to go down but not to sub 30K levels, that's my point.

You mean the same handset was retailing @27K and online price was 42K on launch date?

Back