Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the S3 boasting of the Wolfson DAC or something? I thought the SQ was supposed to improve compared to the previous versions. Oh well.

i just tested a few songs with a friend's s3 who's running a custom rom and i was shocked. The audio quality is piss poor...its the worst i have ever heard on any phone..half of the frequencies in the music are missing....now i am not sure if its because of the custom rom(audio drivers missing in the rom?? ) or the chip on the s3 is that bad... can anyone confirm. kindly compare it with any other back up phone you have and not with a dedicated audio player since an audio player will definitely sound better any day

just to add, even my back up 3k nokia phone sounds much much better on the same songs with the same iem

now i am not using some crappy earphones ... using a pair of sound magic e10's which are one among the best in the 2k price

waiting for responses eagerly

Nobody here to confirm? Don't you guys listen to music at all on your phones?

i just tested a few songs with a friend's s3 who's running a custom rom and i was shocked. The audio quality is piss poor...its the worst i have ever heard on any phone..half of the frequencies in the music are missing....now i am not sure if its because of the custom rom(audio drivers missing in the rom?? ) or the chip on the s3 is that bad... can anyone confirm. kindly compare it with any other back up phone you have and not with a dedicated audio player since an audio player will definitely sound better any day

just to add, even my back up 3k nokia phone sounds much much better on the same songs with the same iem

now i am not using some crappy earphones ... using a pair of sound magic e10's which are one among the best in the 2k price

waiting for responses eagerly

It has a Wolfson DAC. Even if it sounds bad now to you, just wait till supercurio releases voodoo control for it.

Guys, which is the best cover to get for this phone?...I am using a Capdase silcon on my iphone, they have similar ones for the S3. I want a simple yet effective cover.

Just a question. If we go for a plain android os without the Samsung crap on top will we loose all the extra features like s voice and turn to reject calls etc?

Just a question. If we go for a plain android os without the Samsung crap on top will we loose all the extra features like s voice and turn to reject calls etc?

Yes, these are Samsung apps. But then you will get Google Now(JB) . There are other apps in the market thorough which you can reject calls.

I am running low on space now. Have tons of games and apps.

Is there any software that works for moving apps to SD Card. I know Link2SD does not work or does it ??

I am running low on space now. Have tons of games and apps.

Is there any software that works for moving apps to SD Card. I know Link2SD does not work or does it ??

AFAIK SGS3 does not support Apps2SD, only your personal files can b shifted to sd card.

So after digging around you cant move apps to SD.

Samsung have screwed it up. Nicely done.

Anyways, Anyone using a 64Gb card ?

Someone from the Samsung service called me up today to inform that the JB update will come in somewhere around this week.Holding on to then

Which custom ROM are you guyz using?
How is the battery life?
Anyone used CAPON ROM with 4.1.2 Base?
I am using Android revolution HD 12.0 with siyah latest kernel. I am not so happy with the battery life I am getting!

^^ I am currently using Super Nexus Build 5 (Jelly Bean Stock 4.1.2) with Siyah latest Kernel (Overclocked CPU to 1.7 Ghz and GPU to max of 600 Mhz) Battery life is ok, considering I have Wifi or Data on all the time.... With heavy usage like full time Wifi/Data on, Gaming for 1 hr, Browsing, Music/Videos etc - I get battery life of about 5 hours which is decent considering the heavy usage and hardware overclocking... But with minimal usage, I can get through 1.5 days... Not great, but also not bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back