Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWB : 9081639991 || Product Weight- 400g || Category- Electronics || Value - 20$

I have been charged the following-

Bill 1- (Total Rs 569)
• Duty Charges -205 Rs
• Broker Fees - 300 Rs (Staggeringly high)
• Storage Charges -33 Rs
• Taxes on Broker Fees - 30.90

Bill 2- (I suppose this is the 10$ shipping bill)
• No description - 482.01 Rs

Now my question.

Even in the post above, you had declared that the charges will be Duty + ((10 USd for 1st 500 gms and 8 USd for every additional+10.3% service tax)), so what the heck is the Broker charges, which are 30% of the product's value!. That's even more than what Customs charged me for!!

My product cost me 920 Rupees, but the 482 Rupees and the 205 rupees are totally justified, but what about the Broker charges? I was charged Rs 50 the last time I used S&S but now it's 300 rupees?!

EDIT: Just received a mail from Anuradha Iyer that there might have been some error in the Brokerage part and that it will be refunded if there indeed is an error. Here's to hoping they return that 250 bucks!

hi,

please email this query at india@shopandship.com you query will be surely resolved. :)

regards.
JT_daniel said:
AWB : 9081639991 || Product Weight- 400g || Category- Electronics || Value - 20$

I have been charged the following-

Bill 1- (Total Rs 569)

• Duty Charges -205 Rs

• Broker Fees - 300 Rs (Staggeringly high)

• Storage Charges -33 Rs

• Taxes on Broker Fees - 30.90

Bill 2- (I suppose this is the 10$ shipping bill)

• No description - 482.01 Rs

Now my question.

Even in the post above, you had declared that the charges will be Duty + ((10 USd for 1st 500 gms and 8 USd for every additional+10.3% service tax)), so what the heck is the Broker charges, which are 30% of the product's value!. That's even more than what Customs charged me for!!

My product cost me 920 Rupees, but the 482 Rupees and the 205 rupees are totally justified, but what about the Broker charges? I was charged Rs 50 the last time I used S&S but now it's 300 rupees?!

EDIT: Just received a mail from Anuradha Iyer that there might have been some error in the Brokerage part and that it will be refunded if there indeed is an error. Here's to hoping they return that 250 bucks!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

hi,
you can directly but from amazon.com and then provide them our office address so, we can help you with the shipping part.

regards.
blade_the_first said:
Shopnshipindia,

What is the procedure to be followed to buy an item from Amazon UK through your site?

Please reply.

hi,
the shipment is cleared and it is out for delivery :)

regards.
JT_daniel said:
Hey Shopandship, my package is held up at customs. The tracking details say this- "Shipment Held in Customs - Awaiting Commercial Invoice/Clearance Documents"

shipment no: 9081639991
What is the problem? Guys, if you know please tell me!

@ShopandShip

Want to order the sponsored edition(Offer is for US Residents only) of Amazon Kindle 6" E-INK Pearl Edition (WiFi-Only)

1.Can we order the sponsered Edition if we give your US Address?

2.Will you post it as Gift as it is only $114
I remember reading somewhere that Anuradha Madam said if it is below 10K they can try....

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology: Kindle Store

Thanks

shopnshipindia said:
Hi the duty will be approximately Rs. 1273, the shipping charges are relative to the weight. 10 USd for 1st 500 gms and 8 USd for every additional+10.3% service tax.Duration 5-7 business days

Regards

You didn't answer two of my main questions :(

paarkhi said:
1.Can we order the sponsered Edition if we give your US Address?

2.Will you post it as Gift as it is only $114
I remember reading somewhere that Anuradha Madam said if it is below 10K they can try....

Let me help you:

1. Yes you can.

2. There is no certainty about the duty part - I bought one and I was charged 27% duty. It depends on Customs whether they will allow it duty free or not.

Thank you, 27% OMG, Did you bring the sponsered edition? Does it show screensavers even in India? are the screensavers pre-programmed or they get downloaded once you connect through WiFi

paarkhi said:
Thank you, 27% OMG, Did you bring the sponsered edition? Does it show screensavers even in India? are the screensavers pre-programmed or they get downloaded once you connect through WiFi

I have the special edition Kindle. It downloads the ads over WiFi. If you do not want any ads at all, just don't ever connect it to WiFi. Personally I think the ads give the device a more 'alive' feel.

hi,
please refer ot the below quote :
cost :128.5$
duty : the duty charges on handwatches is 26.84% on customs assessed value that is approx..42$ and
shipping : the shipping charges are 10$ for the 1st 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)

yes, we will surely mark it as a gift and try to get it duty free though cant promise. :)

regards.
thunder.dragon said:

Would it be possible for Shop-n-ship to just do the shipping + customs part? I mean if I can order a phone through a friend who is based in the US and he can forward it to your office, can SNS deliver it here to my local address in India?

So I'd be paying for my shipping and customs alone. Please let me know if this can be done. :)

Gannu said:
Would it be possible for Shop-n-ship to just do the shipping + customs part? I mean if I can order a phone through a friend who is based in the US and he can forward it to your office, can SNS deliver it here to my local address in India?

So I'd be paying for my shipping and customs alone. Please let me know if this can be done. :)

Err, this is exactly what Shop and Ship does. You buy the item, they don't

hi,
cost : 114%
duty : the duty charges on kindle are 14.71% on customs assessed value that is approx..21$ and
shipping : the shipping charges are relevant to the weight of the product 10$ for the 1st 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)

regards.
raymasky said:
can anyone tell me how much would it cost to ship a $114 kindle to India ? ?how much would shipping + Customs come to ?

hi,
1) register on shopnship
2)you will recieve 3 aramex office(us,uk,china) address generated in your email id.
3)you can order from anu us , uk , chinese website and you have to pay for the product.
4)provide the supplier our office address and
5) we will make it deliver at the address provided by you while registering at shop and ship and we can help you with the shipping part anywhere in india.
6)the charges are relevant to the weight of the product 10$ for the 1st 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)

regards.
blade_the_first said:
Shopnshipindia,

What is the procedure to be followed to buy an item from Amazon UK through your site?

Please reply.

hi,
cost : 19.99$
duty : the duty charges are 27% on customs assessed value that is approx..6$ and
shipping : the shipping charegs are 10$ fo rthe 1st 500gms and 84 for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)

regards.
extol said:
Can you please let me know the customs charges and shipping to me for the below ipad case :

Amazon.com: KHOMO DUAL CASE: Polyurethane Smart Cover FRONT + Hard Rubberized Poly-carbonate BACK Protector for Apple iPad 2: Electronics

i will also bundle some 1-2$ screen protectors.

let me know thanks..

hi,
cost : 114%
duty : the duty charges on kindle are 14.71% on customs assessed value that is approx..21$ and
shipping : the shipping charges are relevant to the weight of the product 10$ for the 1st 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)
yes, we will surely mark it as agift and try to get it duty free. :) but we do not promise on this.

and you Can order the sponsered if you give our US Address

regards.
paarkhi said:
@ShopandShip
A quick Question: I've registered with ShopandShip and want to order the sponsored edition(For US only) of Amazon Kindle 6" E-INK Pearl Edition (WiFi-Only) Can we order the sponsered if we give your US Address and Will you post it as Gift as it is only $114 (250grams), Can you please give me the total estimation?
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology: Kindle Store
Thanks

hi,
please refer ot the belwo quote :
cost 25$
duty: the duty charegs are 14.71% on customs assessed value that is approx..5$ and
shipping : the shipping charges are 10$ for the 1st 500gms and 8$ for every subsequent 500gms + 10.3%(service tax)

regards.
titana said:

hi,
the service tax of 10.3% is atake on shipping charegs only.

regards.
krugur said:
Can you please clarify one doubt ...

You mention a 10.3% service tax. 10%3 of which amount will be taken as the service tax. Of the product value or of the shipment cost or shipment + duty ?

perfect DR.PRATIK!!!

regards.

pratikb said:
shipment cost.
its nothing to do with product cost.

hi,
apologies for the delay from our end. please provide us with the tracking no. so, we can get it delivered.

regards.
archat68 said:
The Aramex Kolkata office is pathetic. They received my package yesterday morning at 10:30 AM. It is still lying there. The SnS representative informed me it will be delivered tomorrow without further delay!!!!!:mad:

Wonder if they know the meaning of the word delay :huh: .

hi,
please refer to the below quote :
cost :1494$
duty : the duty charegs on laptops are 14.71% on customs assessed value that is approx..269$ and
shipping : the shipping charges are 58$ + 10.3%(service tax) for 3.5kg .

regards.
krugur said:
How much to get this to bangalore (total cost).

MSI GT683R-242US

Weight : 7.7lb ~ 3.5kg = Shipping should be around 58$ ( please mention the conversion rate you use).
@pratikb
Thanks for the reply mate

hi,

the duty charges are 1.3% on customs assessed value.

regards.
agantuk said:
^ What is the custom duty for tablets with a SIM card slot?

hi,

yes ,it can be surely done. please inform your friend to provide the invoice with the product.

regards.
Gannu said:

Hey thanks! That'd be surely good. I'll definitely ask him to do so. :)

So if it is a mobile phone, how will the charges be? Customs at 1.3% of the price mentioned in the invoice and what about the shipping charges?

agantuk said:
Err, this is exactly what Shop and Ship does. You buy the item, they don't

I thought this was some service like what KMD did. Nvm.

@shopnshipindia

I got a mail from SNS couple of days ago that a package has reached your office. But I have not ordered anything on my SNS address. So I raised a request on your site - PNQ/0811/1305 but haven't received any response yet. Meanwhile, my account shows that you have already forwarded it to Dubai Express Hub. And shipping charges are Rs. 507.38 :S

Hi,

It will still be 15%

Regards

techpal said:
Is duty charge on tablets having sim card slot 1.3% and which dont have sim card slot 15%?

Hi! Can you please be mail us the tracking number to india@shopandship.com please. we shall take care:)

Regards

RVK2488 said:
@shopnshipindia

I got a mail from SNS couple of days ago that a package has reached your office. But I have not ordered anything on my SNS address. So I raised a request on your site - PNQ/0811/1305 but haven't received any response yet. Meanwhile, my account shows that you have already forwarded it to Dubai Express Hub. And shipping charges are Rs. 507.38 :S

15 %

Regards

agantuk said:
^ What is the custom duty for tablets with a SIM card slot?

I am trying to add US address into ebay. But is giving me following suggestion instead of your provided address:

My Name,

18221 150th Ave, *****,

Springfield Gardens, NY, 11413-4010, US

Do I need to add this address? Or the one given by you?

Edit:

Ebay has accepted the following address after some modification done according to the suggestions given on previous pages of this thread:

My Name

18221 150th Ave, Springfield Gardens

New York NY 11413

United States

Is this okay? Please suggest the proper address if any modification is necessary. I am not much aware about the ZIP codes. So that's confusing me.

^ On US sites, go with the suggested address. These sites get the standard addresses from the USPO and are hence reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back