Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
senwrite1 said:
I was paid SNS shipping charge through online and in my bank account it is charged as us dollar not INR and also dollar conversion charge applied.

My doubt.

1.If i will pay charge in dollar then why i need to pay 10.3% service charge.
2.Why aramex is not charging in my bank as INR.

shopnshipindia said:
HI,This is because our payment gateway in located in the US. Service tax is not charged on the conversion charges.

Collection in dollars is hard to understand--does Aramex have no payment gateway in India?
The question is about collection of service tax on the shipping fee and NOT on collection of service tax on the conversion charge.
Appreciate if you can address the issue.

@chetansha total cost would be around @ 10-11k - including shipping and product price , pm me for details

@shopnshipindia - what would be the total cost for iphone 4s - with VAT - , vat @5 % or

is it factory unlocked or the At&t one ?

Nag1010 said:
The Shop and Ship FAQ states

Limitation of Liability
12. In consideration for Aramex’s acceptance of Accountable Items and the substantial responsibilities involved therein, the Customer expressly releases Aramex from all responsibility for loss, damage, or other disposition of the Accountable Items. In accordance with this release, the Customer further waives any and all rights of claim against Aramex in respect of the Accountable Items.
13. Aramex’s liability for loss or damage is limited to the lesser of (i) the value of the shipment; or (ii) one hundred United States Dollars (USD 100) or its equivalent per shipment, regardless of the nature of the claim. Aramex shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, such as loss of profit.

Why not charge a fee for insurance? Should reassure your customers when shipping valuable items.

Three weeks and no response.
Why are you so reluctant to offer insurance?
I am reluctant to ship expensive items since only $100 is covered!!

Also I have something important coming up, can I go for a faster shipping option available? I am reading about standard shipping option at various places, so just thought maybe you guys have a faster option available as well.

Kindly let me know soon.

rshri said:
Hi,

One query - I am thinking of buying a projector screen from US. Shipping weight would be 29 pounds max and length of package would be around 120 inches. How much shipping charges should I expect? Also what is the customs duty norms on projector screen?

Thanks!!
It has been 5 days since my query. Why no response? I need to make a decision based on this.

OUr transit time is 5-7 business days.
chaztin said:
Also I have something important coming up, can I go for a faster shipping option available? I am reading about standard shipping option at various places, so just thought maybe you guys have a faster option available as well.

Kindly let me know soon.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hi,
Apologies.Thge duty will be 27% on the customs assessed value.and if its 29 pounds , it will be 10682 INR+10.3 % service tax. we shall also work on some discount for you :)let us know.
rshri said:
It has been 5 days since my query. Why no response? I need to make a decision based on this.

HI Chetan,
Dispatched your cheque:)
chetansha said:
The value of the item is 75$. I have forwarded the copy of the shipping label / purchase invoice to Karan, Anuradha, and JFK SNS team.

So in future, if any one using services of SNS . please ask your seller / shipper for Signature Confirmationâ„¢/Insured . If you want to safeguard your purchases.

the duty will be approx Rs. 1702 and the shiping charges would be approx Rs. 11858 if its 33 lb +10.3 % service tax. We can work on some discout for you :)
chetansha said:
what will be shipping cost & Duty on : Samsung Multi function printer . Cost - 99$. Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 20.9 x 21.3 inches ; 31.9 pounds
Shipping Weight: 33 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Hi can you please email us the tracking number?
thenvk said:
Hey, I have a question.I was checking the tracking for one of my purchase. Below is what it says.
Hyderabad-Main office,India 10/10/2011 17:41 Shipment on Hold
Hyderabad-Main office,India 17:04 Shipment Received at Operations Facility
Bombay HUB,India 06:51 Shipment Forwarded to - Hyderabad-Main office,India

Any Idea why is it on hold. Also how much could be the customs for 2 watches of worth 55USD(25USD each) ?

HI This is from UK. The 499 Ounds in inclusive of the VAT.
mpaspc said:
@chetansha total cost would be around @ 10-11k - including shipping and product price , pm me for details

@shopnshipindia - what would be the total cost for iphone 4s - with VAT - , vat @5 % or

is it factory unlocked or the At&t one ?

Hi Sure. Messaged back. Can you please email the tracking number to india@shopandship.com?
chaztin said:
One of my parcel was delivered almost 5-6 days back but so far SnS website has not acknowledged it. Kindly check PM.

HI,
An insurace cover is not provided as it is an international shipment and integrating the policies of 2 different coutries is difficult. We are working on it though :)
Nag1010 said:
Three weeks and no response.
Why are you so reluctant to offer insurance?
I am reluctant to ship expensive items since only $100 is covered!!

shopnshipindia said:
An insurace cover is not provided as it is an international shipment and integrating the policies of 2 different coutries is difficult. We are working on it though :)

Most international courier shipments are routed through multiple countries. And, most reputed courier companies offer optional insurance in addition to a basic insurance cover. It is only India-based courier companies that do not offer optional insurance and sometimes zero basic cover.

Are you going to claim Aramex does not provide insurance option for any of its courier shipments that do not go directly from the originating country to the destination country?

exactly,
Aramex in India does not provide an insurance cover for international inbound shipments.
Are you going to claim Aramex does not provide insurance option for any of its courier shipments that do not go directly from the originating country to the destination country? - please elaborate
thanks
Nag1010 said:
Most international courier shipments are routed through multiple countries. And, most reputed courier companies offer optional insurance in addition to a basic insurance cover. It is only India-based courier companies that do not offer optional insurance and sometimes zero basic cover.

Are you going to claim Aramex does not provide insurance option for any of its courier shipments that do not go directly from the originating country to the destination country?

Payment recd for the missing box. Thank you Anuradha.
& also see if you can recover excess duty charged on Item worth 3000/- ( custom fellows made that 10000 and charged me 1500 as duty) :(

Most welcome Chetan!! Yes for sure.. will try
chetansha said:
Payment recd for the missing box. Thank you Anuradha.
& also see if you can recover excess duty charged on Item worth 3000/- ( custom fellows made that 10000 and charged me 1500 as duty) :(

mib2_007 said:
how is shopandship compared to iccword??

Has anyone used both couriers? How would you rate them? Shopnship are taking too much time of late to deliver items. I heard that ICC World service is quite fast. What are their custom charges for mobile phones? Shopnship only charge me Rs300-400 for a mobile phone worth $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back