Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Customs are collected by the govt. of India, not by ICC or SnS. They can therefore charge you only at actuals. These guys are just facilitators.

hello sir, i have been thinking of buying a sony A77 from hong-kong its price is ~1500 USD i think the customs charges will be killer. so could you please guide me how to reduce customs tax. (marking as gift or declaring smaller (500$ value) i do not want to pay more than 10k customs :( . i have a shopandship account already.

agantuk said:
^ Customs are collected by the govt. of India, not by ICC or SnS. They can therefore charge you only at actuals. These guys are just facilitators.

But Shopnship does give a receipt for the customs. I heard ICC World do not. Are their custom charges in line with shopnship?

I can't comment on what ICC does since I haven't used them, but they should ideally not be charging more than actuals as it is a standard % across. They might charge additional handling charges

ICC doesn't provide the actual duty payment receipt unlike SnS. And they charge duty for all items. even for a 1000 Rs item which they never paid. Nothing is duty free with them which isn't the case with SnS.

SnS is slow but very very transparent. And Anuradha provides excellent customer support. As a matter of fact it's their domestic shipping that is slow.

^ I would add 'in parts' to that. I have had an excellent domestic follow up here. These guys are desperate (literally) to deliver the package the same day, and got disappointed a couple of times when I told them to come the next day. Sample this - my package takes off from Bombay at 6 in the morning, after clearing customs the previous day, and I get delivery the same day in NCR at 5. Standard routine every single time :D

Now you see this:

Kolkatta,India 10/17/2011 12:34 Shipment Received at Operations Facility

My office is at Airport, they have vans coming to Airport all the time to handover packages to Airlines and to receive from them. Today I called them at around 1PM and requested to deliver it at my office knowing that delivery to my residence today is beyond any question. But they told me it is not possible to deliver today. It will be delivered tomorrow (from my experience I know that the time will be around 5PM). And this is not a isolated example. This happens with all the shipments. Generally I collect 5 out 10 shipments personally from their office because sometimes it doesn't get delivered even on the next day :( . Just imagine the frustration.

I have heard similar stuff from Bangalore also. I believe it depends on the local office and the overall volumes they get

But overall I'm happy with SnS. You need to factor in the delay according to your location :). If I want fast service, I need to spend Rs.100 for fuel and 1.5 hour of time extra and I'm happy :)

I prefer going over to Aramex office to collect my parcels - around 10 kms from my place - 20 min drive on scooter. But they are really short of staff there.

1944506 said:
Nag1010
Most international courier shipments are routed through multiple countries. And, most reputed courier companies offer optional insurance in addition to a basic insurance cover. It is only India-based courier companies that do not offer optional insurance and sometimes zero basic cover.

Are you going to claim Aramex does not provide insurance option for any of its courier shipments that do not go directly from the originating country to the destination country?

shopnshipindia said:
exactly,
Aramex in India does not provide an insurance cover for international inbound shipments.
Are you going to claim Aramex does not provide insurance option for any of its courier shipments that do not go directly from the originating country to the destination country? - please elaborate
thanks

So you are claiming to be neither reputed not international!!

You are deliberately refusing to address the issue.
Aramex offers insurance (optional) on shipments from US to India.
However, you do not offer insurance on shipments from US to India.
Are you not using Aramex? Are you not a part of Aramex?

Fearing that my packet is lost(ordered something through sns).

Status since 15th is awaiting custom inspection and release in Mumbai.

Now came to know that packet never reached Mumbai.

Wrote letter to Karanas well as Anuradha about problem.

Now it is relevant that how much secure is our item when entrusting it to sns?

Suppose,we buy goods worth 500$ and it is misplaced/lost by sns ,whether, sns will pay the amount?

rohit3192 said:
Fearing that my packet is lost(ordered something through sns).
Status since 15th is awaiting custom inspection and release in Mumbai.
Now came to know that packet never reached Mumbai.
Wrote letter to Karanas well as Anuradha about problem.
Now it is relevant that how much secure is our item when entrusting it to sns?
Suppose,we buy goods worth 500$ and it is misplaced/lost by sns ,whether, sns will pay the amount?

You are insured for a maximum of $100 and there is not option to insure for a higher value.
See my post before your post and the previous posts for a discussion on this topic.

I know, I am following this thread.

But it is a serious issue. How can SNS give me update that item is in Mumbai and awaiting custom clearance when they do not have clue where the item is?

I will decide further action after getting final reply from SNS.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Really pathetic service.

SNS is expanding their service but at the cost of quality.

No one knows where my item is.

HI Rohit,
I understand your concern.Apologies.As I said , Just give me a 2 days' time , I shall get back to you with a resolution.
rohit3192 said:
I know, I am following this thread.
But it is a serious issue. How can SNS give me update that item is in Mumbai and awaiting custom clearance when they do not have clue where the item is?
I will decide further action after getting final reply from SNS.

Really pathetic service.
SNS is expanding their service but at the cost of quality.
No one knows where my item is.

HI,
Is it? Apologies. 24 hours is the maximum time we take to resolve queries:) hope it is resolved or is it still not been replied to?
ViKiD said:
I had sent a mail to : india@shopandship.com , more than a week back. Maybe even more. No reply till date.

Sent a mail to I2C world today morning, and got a reply with the Quotes within 3 hours.

Disappointing.

HI,
In case of any delays. Please do not hesitate to contact us . We shall get it delieverd asap. We are here to help you:) Why think twice before contacting us ? :)
josejeya26 said:
Has anyone used both couriers? How would you rate them? Shopnship are taking too much time of late to deliver items. I heard that ICC World service is quite fast. What are their custom charges for mobile phones? Shopnship only charge me Rs300-400 for a mobile phone worth $350.

Thanks a ton For your support!!
archat68 said:
ICC doesn't provide the actual duty payment receipt unlike SnS. And they charge duty for all items. even for a 1000 Rs item which they never paid. Nothing is duty free with them which isn't the case with SnS.

SnS is slow but very very transparent. And Anuradha provides excellent customer support. As a matter of fact it's their domestic shipping that is slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back