OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

Gurpartap Singh said:
What fan is it on the TRUE gannu?
I think it's one of the Scythe Ultra Kaze 120x38mm 133cfm fans he got. :p
Saiyan said:
^^ i wonder why i didn't buy this cabinet :|. If you haven't done any cable management by august/september please allow me to do so when i visit Mumbai. Damn your cabinet is nice :p
Not a great cabby DP- plus the the case is not too rigid for it's size- thin Al. :hap5:
HDDs run quite HOT- like Eazy sir said. :(
Sangram has the same cabby- he is using it till his next build as he is not sure if it won't fall apart the next time he tried to assemble a rig in it. :p
For 7K+ for the Zero, rather go all the way and get a Stacker 810 with the bottom mounted psu for some $$ more. :)
For now, your CM690 does pretty ok for it's price. ;)
Eazy said:
My NZXT ZERO case, I do not have the energy to do proper cable management :p
mycase000bx5.jpg

mycase002to2.jpg
What am i seeing :O- you have become a Glacialtech fanboi. :bleh:
Where are all the ub3r fans? :eek:hyeah:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Not a great cabby DP- plus the the case is not too rigid for it's size- thin Al. :hap5:

HDDs run quite HOT- like Eazy sir said. :(
Sangram has the same cabby- he is using it till his next build as he is not sure if it won't fall apart the next time he tried to assemble a rig in it. :p

What am i seeing :O- you have become a Glacialtech fanboi. :bleh:

Where are all the ub3r fans? :eek:hyeah:

After my cutting up the case the HDD temps are quite fine now. It does have thin Al - the case rocks side to side with the slightest pressure :(

I have changed MoBo's inside this case at least 7 -8 times already, I dont think it should have a problem with excessive handling. I open this case at least 3 times every day :eek:hyeah:

Yeah Glacialtech's - I had them lying around and using them as they are 2000RPM - much better then the stock fans of this case which have molexs so dont know exact RPM, but the airflow from them feels like from 1400 RPM fans. The stock fans are very silent - cannot hear any sound from them even when all the 7 fans were running inside the case.

^Even am really disappointed with the hdd in my CM 690. Thought of getting a hdd cage which can be installed on the Optical Drive bay, then thought, wth!! i have the one of the best HDD cage in the world- The Antec "Super Lanboy" :eek:hyeah: . I just need a graphics card and a smps to dump my hdd in it :p.

Saiyan said:
^Even am really disappointed with the hdd in my CM 690. Thought of getting a hdd cage which can be installed on the Optical Drive bay, then thought, wth!! i have the one of the best HDD cage in the world- The Antec "Super Lanboy" :eek:hyeah: . I just need a graphics card and a smps to dump my hdd in it :p.

My Hitachi 80 GB was very noisy when inside the HDD cage of Antec 1050B till few days back. Now inside the plastic holder of CM690, (thanks greenhorn) it is almost inaudible.

Eazy said:
EDIT: Message for BIKEY !!! THANK YOU for not taking the SI-128 heat sink I really need it in this case as the TRU and TRUE were hitting the side panel fans !! Difference in CPU temp between the TRUE and SI-128 is max about 1C !! :eek:hyeah:

Yeah right- rub it in. :p

And that's what you get for not overclocking- you don't feel the worth of the amount you paid for the TRUE. :bleh:
On a serious note- at stock speeds on newer low TDP chips, even smaller/less powerful coolers like Ultra90/SI-128 perform almost as good as a TRUE.

Bump the speed (and volts if need be)and watch the gap widen significantly. :)

Saiyan said:
^Even am really disappointed with the hdd in my CM 690.

i have the one of the best HDD cage in the world- The Antec "Super Lanboy"

You could get the HDD cage cut between the holes like I have done, I just joined the holes, it makes a significant difference to HDD temps. This was done by me pretty badly with a Jigsaw :eek:hyeah: You can see 2 HDDs marked with RED arrows which are now open to the air from Front intake fan. I have also cut out totally a protective grill which was in front of the HDD cage with a metal cutter and you can see its jagged remains along the edges.

mycasecutjq8.jpg

I used the Antec P160 before the NZXT and this has I think the same HDD cradles as the super lanboy, I did not find these cradles very good for cooling the HDDs as they block airflow over the PCB of the HDD so I "MODDED" them as well - a picture....

p160hddcageswu8.jpg

BIKeINSTEIN said:
And that's what you get for not overclocking-
Bump the speed (and volts if need be)and watch the gap widen significantly.

HEY !! I use an Intel MoBo - which has NO options for BUMPING of any speeds and voltages in BIOS - so this is of no importance to me :tongue: Seriously I would have been in tears right now if I had given you the SI-128 as the TRU and TRUE are too tall to allow use of 2 of the side panel fans in this cabinet.

^will give it a thought, for now i'll remove that foam :p. Actually the temp in my SLB was really good without any modification, had that TT Thunderblade 120mm blue led fan in the front, my hdd temp never crossed 40c load, idle was arnd 33c, this is without AC. In CM 690, i get this temp only when the room temp is 24c (AC turned on :p).

Here's mine :p

1042828hr8.jpg

Yea yea i know it sucks :p have taken down whole rig to tidy the wires :D will post results tomorrow :D

EDIT : Notice the PSU reflection on the U120. really shined that top fin :p :lol:

SunnyBoi said:
Here's mine :p

1042828hr8.jpg

Yea yea i know it sucks :p have taken down whole rig to tidy the wires :D will post results tomorrow :D

EDIT : Notice the PSU reflection on the U120. really shined that top fin :p :lol:

is that a ROUTER, INSIDE ur cabby...
wow

vNerd said:
Here is mine
img0148pt0.jpg
bro..
how did u mount the tx750 right side up?
r ther holes at the bottom for airflow ?

i jus put in my tx650 few days back...an the wires r lyk hell...
due to the psu being upside down, the sata connectors are all 'ulta'
even the bunch of wires comin out of the psu is on the outer side, near the side panel..

can sumone hlp out with dis..

vNerd said:
You should have seen mine before I tidied it up. It was worse than yours. :D

The cable ties I got from KMD REALLY helped. Used up nearly 70-75 of them. :p

Can you give me the thread of cable ties, I was also interested in purchasing.

I got the link.

stellarhopper said:
bro..
how did u mount the tx750 right side up?
r ther holes at the bottom for airflow ?

i jus put in my tx650 few days back...an the wires r lyk hell...
due to the psu being upside down, the sata connectors are all 'ulta'
even the bunch of wires comin out of the psu is on the outer side, near the side panel..

can sumone hlp out with dis..

Yes the cm-690 has holes at the bottom. It was a tug of war for me too, to get the psu in that position, a war that I evidently won.:clap: I have the battle marks to prove it too.

Seriously every time I fidget with the cabinet settings, I get cuts all over my hands. But it is fun, so what the hell.:p ;)

@srini http://www.techenclave.com/dealer-s-paradise/go-case-modding-104557.html

Back