OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

vNerd said:
Here is mine

img0130zb5.jpg

img0148pt0.jpg

Had to dismantle all my work, because one of the RAID HDDs conked out and RAID array reset caused the BIOS settings to completely get corrupted, had to disconnect it completely and remove the battery to reset everything properly.

img0335ly2.jpg

img0342tb3.jpg

^Why did you have to remove the entire setup just to reset the bios :S

With such a cable management of yours, all the part in the board is easily accessible.

After Assembly, the Vendetta 2 Cooler and Cable Management

My management in XZR6.0

ThermalTake Xaser VI

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 on a OCZ Vendetta 2

Abit IP35-E

MSI 8800GT 512MB OC

Corsair VX450

Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Seagate 500GB 7200.11 + Seagate 300GB 7200.9 x 2 + Hitachi 250GB

Logitech G15 V1 and MX518

Dell E228WFP

PhOeNiX said:

My management in XZR6.0

ThermalTake Xaser VI

Abit IP35-E

MSI 8800GT 512MB OC

Corsair VX450

Dell E228WFP

neat work and the cabby looks awesome:eek:hyeah: :hap2: :clap: :cool2: the mobo looks so small compared to the monster mobo tray of the cabby

Saiyan said:
^Why did you have to remove the entire setup just to reset the bios :S

With such a cable management of yours, all the part in the board is easily accessible.

Everything except the CPU power line. I was not sure which component was busted. So I disassembled everything internally first and when that did not work, I pulled it all out and dii further checking, whereupon it started up again. Turned out all I had to do was remove the battery and then try it.:rofl:

I still have not put it back in.:bleh: Waiting for the graphics and sound cards to arrive, so I can test them first too before putting it all in.:hap2:

PhOeNiX said:

My management in XZR6.0

ThermalTake Xaser VI

Abit IP35-E

MSI 8800GT 512MB OC

Corsair VX450

Dell E228WFP

Nahice work there.

_pappu_ said:
^^nice setup..but turn the vendetta 2 90degrees so it exhausts outward and not on the PSU

got the same tip from udit and naga , but am a bit lazy to do it as the cooler takes time to install because of the push-in pin type setup which i hate , will do once i get some OCZfreeze , as then ill have another reason to remove it :p

hitman080 said:
I'm looking to hide my wires behind the mobo tray in my CM690. Is it safe to stick the wires along with tray with tape?

Yep , try and seperate the wires behind the tray too , that way it will be easier to close the back side panel , and it will be cleaner there too. That was the only place my VX450 couldnt manuvour around , all because of the bottom PSU mount.

PhOeNiX said:
Yep , try and seperate the wires behind the tray too , that way it will be easier to close the back side panel , and it will be cleaner there too. That was the only place my VX450 couldnt manuvour around , all because of the bottom PSU mount.

I have the same PSU. What problem you had?

behind the cabby , there is very less space to get the cables routed from there. If you are ablt to do that , it will be difficult to get the side panel in place.

^^well that would depend on the cabinet

i am assuming you mean that the 24pin cable is really fat

did you try to put that behind the hard drive, 5.25inch cages?? coz that area has a little more free space

i dont think length would be a problem

Its not thelength , basically i tried doing the same thing in the CM690 , that i have done in the Xaser . All cables routed behing the tray , which is a herculean task in the 690.

Saiyan said:
OK let me start of with the CM i did in kinofevil's rig.

Vantec 120mm LED and UV fan.
Will post some more pics after installing ccfls:) Comments plz:)
Will post mine after cleaning up the mess in my SLB and after installing the ccfls:p.

BTW which cabby is this. Really loved it...

Back