OC & Modding Show Off Your Cable Management

improved :| still needs work

1042831jt7.jpg

added a fan controller for the intake fan ( brown thingy ) sound didnt decrease :| guess next time I open up the PSUs, will add fan controllers for them as well.

Did some cleaning tonight..
here is how it looks

10zyg6p.jpg

2052zd3.jpg

Behind the mobo I made the power cables stick to the base by a double-sided tape, this shouldn't cause any sort of problem, should it?
Another thing worring me is that i'm running 3 fans directly on power through molex-to-3Pin adapter, which are attached one after another.

nmfehg.jpg

What do u guys think

Did some CM today and rearrangement of fans.

Picture%20498%20%28Large%29.jpg

Removed the fan in the bottom (it wasn't doing any good), replaced the 38cfm fan in the hdd cage with a 56cfm fan (Antec Triled). Removed the dust filter in the front . Also installed a fan in the Optical drive bay.

As a result there is a decent amount of temperature drop ---> 5c in NB :O , 3c in SB and hdd by 4~5c :O

Saiyan said:
Did some CM today and rearrangement of fans.

Picture%20498%20%28Large%29.jpg

Removed the fan in the bottom (it wasn't doing any good), replaced the 38cfm fan in the hdd cage with a 56cfm fan (Antec Triled). Removed the dust filter in the front . Also installed a fan in the Optical drive bay.

As a result there is a decent amount of temperature drop ---> 5c in NB :O , 3c in SB and hdd by 4~5c :O

Very very impressive saiyan. Keep up the good work bro.

Wow...Saiyan...ur rig looks so cramped!..but nice cable management!..is that aDFI mobo??...and the card a 1900XT? looks so similar to mine!

hehe yeah, too many cables re. Have got 5 HDD , routing the sata cables without any sharp bends is seriously a PITA :(. Also too many fans :p

Yes its a DFI board and my favourite Powercolor X1900XT :hap2:

Dont think this should be in the 'show off' thread...but wat the hell :tongue:

05072008171cs4.jpg

Gannu and Saiyan.....pls do come over to my house and help me!!!!

@saiyan- have oced ur GPU??

^Similar design as the Antec Super Lanboy, check this thread for pics of the my Super Lanboy.

no, haven't oced my GPU re.

I'll be re-doing mine a bit again this Saturday, to get the remaining cables out of the way all together, and routed behind the cabinet. Plus I have to re-seat the heat sink, so have to dismantle most of the stuff anyway.

^^^^ He He I already fought with that monster once. I have the battle marks to prove it.

Seriously every time I have the cabinet open to do some changing, I leave with cut marks all over my hand.:rofl:

vNerd said:
Here is mine

img0130zb5.jpg

img0148pt0.jpg

OMG vNerd's a CM fan addict; CM fans all over;

Hws the performance of the Hyper 212 btw???

And thats some decent work with those cables; seriously; :D

gannu said:
OMG vNerd's a CM fan addict; CM fans all over;

Hws the performance of the Hyper 212 btw???

And thats some decent work with those cables; seriously; :D

I got a bunch from DON, his crazy buy 4 and get off on shipping scheme. :p There are a couple of scythe s-flex and a thermaltake fan in there as well. :tongue:

Hyper 212 is OK. Not stellar, but it lets me run at 4G prime95 small FFT 8hr stable. After 4G the ram hits its ceiling and I did not want to loosen the timings any further. I am changing ram now, so will try and push to 4.2-4.3 after this.

It needs more work still. Those cabinet cables and the ccfl control cable need to be routed from behind as well. Then I will be done.

@ Saiyan...

Where did you get those colored SATA data cables...looks cool...locally or KMD

@ vnerd....nice cable management bro....neat freak huh...

ArZuNeOs said:
@ Saiyan...
Where did you get those colored SATA data cables...looks cool...locally or KMD

@ vnerd....nice cable management bro....neat freak huh...

The green sata cables come with the DFI board

Well a few months ago this was the catastrophe that was the innards of my computer. It had enough dust to basically kill anyone who was allergic to it.

So when i picked up a CM600 sometime back i decided to do a bit of Cable Management (if you may even call it that) and obviously.. some dusting :D

This is how it looks now.

Still got a lot of work, the lack of holes in the mobo tray make the wires a b**ch to hide. plus the HDD trays don't fit if i try to reverse mount the drives.

and anyone who can tell me how to change those circus-esque LEDs on my Glacialtech to blue ones will get some Karma in return (as i am broke as of now.. lol)

Back