Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

one of my friend found ps vita wifi + uc game +4gb memery card for 30 k

i am not able to decide weather to go for it or wait for it to launch in india

i need some help

(he said he can get around 4 of them so if any one else is interested in it u can pm me) that a side I want u guys to let me know weather to go for it or not?

Apart from Uncharted, are there any other PSVita games that you really want to play? It might be a bit risky to buy one now when no huge games have been announced for it. Always buy a console if there is a must have game (for you) out already or 4-5 interesting games are already out. If Uncharted or Wipeout are must haves for you, you can get it now. Otherwise, wait. There might be a revision or a price drop. I plan to buy a PSVita after a few more games are out. A good PES/FIFA, Gravity Rush, and hopefully another 3-4. Am not too interested in other games out for it right now.

@comp@addict - 3DS is ahead because Vita has only been released in Japan or is the figures from Japan? Please post the source.

Actually, these are Japan only numbers. Source is Media Create, a company that tracks detailed sales figures of games and consoles sold in Japan.

Code:
Week 1 of PS Vita release

3DS - 367,691

Vita -  324,859

Week 2 of PS Vita release

3DS - 482,200

Vita - 72,479

Week 3 of PS Vita release

3DS - 197,952

Vita - 46,248

The reason why the Vita is not doing well in Japan, is because there are no RPGs on it.The Japs love their RPGs,don't they?
<

Actually, these are Japan only numbers. Source is Media Create, a company that tracks detailed sales figures of games and consoles sold in Japan.

After comp@addict posted the source I realized it was in Japan but thanks for pointing it out again.

Nonetheless it is still to early to comment.

@tufel - DS had a huge RPG library and I am sure it is and will be the same for 3DS. A new Monster Hunter game can work wonders for the Vita in Japan.

After comp@addict posted the source I realized it was in Japan but thanks for pointing it out again.

@tufel - DS had a huge RPG library and I am sure it is and will be the same for 3DS. A new Monster Hunter game can work wonders for the Vita in Japan.

Agree. Even a Final Fantasy XIII port would do the trick.

True. Still too early to comment and the tech is very promising.

MH3G (expansion from MH Tri on the Wii) has been released for the 3DS and already hit a million copies in Japan. MH4 has been announced for the 3DS. Both of these are in the mainline series, not in the Freedom and Portable series that was on the PSP. No MH game has been announced yet for the PSVita. There is still a lot of speculation if PSVita will get a MH game that is not a remake/port.

As for PSVita games, this looks very good for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwyRCgLbXU

Also, a Final Fantasy X port is being worked on.

For Vita's sake I hope Sony encourage publishers to make original contents for Vita and not ports of it's console counterparts like they did for the PSP. Sony should also ensure that good games are not restricted to some regions (I bought a PSP to play Yakuza but it was released in Japan only).

BTW - Gravity Rush looks great.

I hope Final Fantasy 7 is remade and released along with Crisis Core (I didn't play either) just like they did for Final Fantasy 4.

From what I have read, the Vita is struggling with frame-rates and resolution issues (stretched or shrunken display) with most launch titles. The vita will be launched in India for sure. For obvious reasons if it is a success. If not, Sony will need a market to dump all their unsold units
<

^^ thats quite a long shot.

I predict the price to settle around 17 odd k with added proprieties.

As of now,to play a game on vita it will cost around 23k.i am kinda in 2 minds.fifa does look gorgeous though.

I think PS Vita would be a deal only at a 10-15k price tag. For others, here's wishing the protection system gets crapped upon soon enough.

Oh and guys, you are forgetting about the PRICE for MEMORY CARD!

A PS Vita SLIM in 1-1.5 years with internal 8GB storage or so would be a worth it deal @ 15k (here's hoping!)

The memory cards pricing is like w00t? For those who fancy handheld gaming more than consoles or pc its a good buy for them. Spending 25k on a handheld is pretty stupid for me. 18k you get a new console + 7k around 5-7 used games to play on it. Fair deal !

Getting a Vita for 16k , not sure yet though. The price will defo jack up with a game or two + memory card. Plus i remember when the PSP was at around 24k at launch. Settled at around 9k in a bit... I think i'll wait this one out.

Back