Sony PS Vita - Discussion Thread

the price is a bit on the higher side . I am planning to buy it soon any way . Most probably will get it from USA , some time in April but still considering wether to get it from india or not .

Would wait for a PS Vita Slim or Lite next year, where Sony decide to become smart again and add 8/16/32GB integrated memory models instead of separate MMCs.

Hopefully at a lower or similar price tag that is(the whole package should cost 15k)

Just saw a vita demo piece at a Sony Store
<
, what a hand held.

Had been to the Sony Store yesterday to check out a few Bravia displays for a senior colleague and the PSV looked KILLER! The OLED capacitive display completely blew me away.
<

Holding the device was much better than the PSP and the analog sticks were a really good addition. The touch interface at the back wasn't really required IMO. I am not sure how games would utilise such an input - need to check a few YouTube videos. I really REALLY wish this device had a much lower price tag - would have definitely sold in larger numbers despite the limited titles it has at the moment and the proprietary storage format.

There wasn't any PSV card inside the device so couldn't play any title. Some demo videos were pre-loaded.

Had been to the Sony Store yesterday to check out a few Bravia displays for a senior colleague and the PSV looked KILLER! The OLED capacitive display completely blew me away.
<

Holding the device was much better than the PSP and the analog sticks were a really good addition. The touch interface at the back wasn't really required IMO. I am not sure how games would utilise such an input - need to check a few YouTube videos. I really REALLY wish this device had a much lower price tag - would have definitely sold in larger numbers despite the limited titles it has at the moment and the proprietary storage format.

There wasn't any PSV card inside the device so couldn't play any title. Some demo videos were pre-loaded.

Yeah, a killer 5" OLED screen. Blows you away. I have Rayman Origins and WOW! the colours just hit you.

Button however seem small. Did you also find them cramped? Not that we can't get used to. But they are small indeed and lead to a little problems before you get used to them.

Back input is useful in some games like Escape plan and UC and some more games I don't own. It's nifty but difficult due to its newness.

Lower price tag? Im not sure. Sony claimed that all PSV were sold out in India. A price cut doesn't look like it. It's surprising despite the price.

I have given in to temptation. Was going to wait for a price drop/ more games to come out but some guy on a forum was selling brand new Vita+Uncharted+Modnation for $245. I bit. Should be here next week.
<

Back