Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
in which screen am I suppose to be when I have to tap the options button?

When you are at the home page, outside the menus and any applications, basically the stock page at the centre (in 5 panes, this will be the centre pane). Then follow the steps I have prescribed.

May 27, 2012
^

With Kisses ... To your phone :p

100 kisses :lol:

Jokes aside, you gotta root and install a recovery to Install the following mod. Don't download the one listed here, actually it's less loud than the last version. I'll send you the link to download the older version once you root your phone and install recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1609868

Trust me, you will love your phone a lot more after installing this mod. Awesome SQ !! Quality as well as loudness.

For the guys with Go/U/Sola/P/2011 Xperia phones install from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1752973

For guys with Samsung Galaxy S3/S2/ Htc One X/ Nexus phones/ LG Optimus 2X etc download from here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1735705

gammaboy

Disciple
May 31, 2010
hey guys,

i have finally ordered my xperia S and it should arive in a few days,
to all the modders here : which is the best ROM currently out there?? thinking about flashing CM9
and also if you can provide me links to the official latest firmware in .ftf format(which can be flashed using flashtool) please do so. :yes:

sam9953

Adept
Oct 10, 2011
Rohini, New Delhi
hey guys,

i have finally ordered my xperia S and it should arive in a few days,
to all the modders here : which is the best ROM currently out there?? thinking about flashing CM9
and also if you can provide me links to the official latest firmware in .ftf format(which can be flashed using flashtool) please do so. :yes:
So from where did you order and for how much? The same ebay guy?

rahul5

Disciple
Aug 1, 2006
As per sony mobile it has been released
Xperia go.JPG

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
Indian Update is released so anyone can update and make FTF using Soony Pc companion and flashtool

The problem is no one has done that, so there is no Indian update .ftf and by the way I have a go; I flashed it with the Czech version before any of the phones in India got the update, savvy.

rahul5

Disciple
Aug 1, 2006
I too have it like lot of other people but i guess we were talking about Indian release, Oooooops !!!!!

damn

Adept
Aug 23, 2008
Zürich, Switzerland
I disabled Sony Bravia engine, uninstalled some bloatware that could be uninstalled without rooting and finally enable the battery saver at nights. Battery performance of my Xperia S has improved drastically now.

sam9953

Adept
Oct 10, 2011
Rohini, New Delhi
I disabled Sony Bravia engine, uninstalled some bloatware that could be uninstalled without rooting and finally enable the battery saver at nights. Battery performance of my Xperia S has improved drastically now.
Would you mind explaining what all "bloatware" did you remove? which battery saver did you use at night?

- - - Updated - - -
@randomuser111 buddy, I am facing an issue, now that my battery is below 15% (currently 9%), the LED notification keeps blinking it is blinking with organge color and doesn't seem to stop, how can I stop it? Why is it blinking anyway? Is it because of the battery being low or something else?

Last edited by a moderator: