Android Sony Xperia Z Tablet thread

Which place has the best pricing for this tablet..?

From what I was aware, there are only two models available in India at the moment. One is the Wifi/3G/16 Gb variant that is on sale at FK while the other is the 32Gb/Wifi only model at Infi. Both are priced at the same price viz. Rs.44,990.

However Comp@ddict has stated above that the Wifi/32Gb ver is available somewhere for 38k. This is within my budget and is exactly what I want. Waiting for him to confirm where so I can order it accordingly.

As for prices abroad, Amazon US sells both the above tabs at $499 (16 Gb/Wifi) and $599 (32 Gb/Wifi). They state a shipping time of "3-5 weeks". Amazon UK does not directly offer this tablet ATM. It is however, available from marketplace sellers on Amazon UK.

16 GB 3G version - 44k
32 GB Wi-Fi version - 38k

No other model is being launched in India. dafaq... all my plans gone to WASTE!

Can anybody recommend the accessories I should buy with? I want:

- a bluetooth keyboard
- a bluetooth mouse (supported?)
- case/cover/dock/stand
- screen guard

I intend to buy these with the tablet.

Keyboard : Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for Android. Also check out Motorolas old Bluetooth keyboard. Its quite cheap and has some pretty useful additional keys.
Mouse : I dunno about bluetooth mices but are you sure you want this? It will add quite a bit of bulkyness and you also get bluetooth keyboards with trackpads which make another option.
Case : Poetic make some pretty decent tablet cases at a reasonable price. Not sure if Poetic has cases ready for the Z though. I am planning on getting a Poetic Hardback protective case for my Transformer, vfm @ 10$.

38k should be the Wi-Fi price as my source says. I don't know when you'll be able to buy it though. Sony is all but interested in the Indian market with their tablet

One cant expect sony pricing to be good.

They are coming up with very competitive specs with mobiles. Probably they learnt lessons from poor sales due to proprietary stuff and no memory slot.

But still on pricing they are poor show.

It is amazing to me that iPad is the most reasonably priced contemporary 10 inch flagship tablet in India. Android, Windows 8 tablets are all grossly overpriced - Asus, Sony, Acer, Samsung, you name it. Who would have thought Apple being cheapest of the lot?

Perhaps the most hilarious pricing is Acer W510. $399 in the US, Rs. 40k here. That is double the price!

And people still complain that Apple uses India as a dumping ground.

Sony needs to market this very aggressively or it will be another fail in the Indian market.

Sony needs to market this very aggressively or it will be another fail in the Indian market.

I doubt Sony cares about the Indian market when it comes to the Xperia Tab.

The fact that the Xperia Z mobile was launched here at a very aggressive price point (close to its international launch price) is a clear indicator that Sony can price products aggressively in India if they want to.

Considering the international price of the Xperia Z tablet is around the same as the Xperia Z mobile was at launch, there's no reason why it couldnt have been priced similarly even taking into account differences in import duties between the two products.

The fact of the matter is that with the Xperia Z phone they were "forced" to price it aggressively due to strong competition in the mobile sector.

With the Xperia Tab however, there's no real competition here apart from the iPad. If the Nexus 10 were to be launched here at an aggressive price point, its quite likely that the Xperia tablet would have been offered significantly cheaper than it currently is.

Add to this the fact that currently there's a 3-5 week "waiting" for delivery for this tab on Amazon US implies its selling relatively well there. So why should Sony bother to price/promote it aggressively in India? How many units do you think they will sell here? 100? 200? 500? Certainly far less than Amazon alone will.

Also keep in mind that while some of us are willing to pay a premium for high end tabs, a large majority of the Indian market is perfectly happy with Rs. 7-10k budget "chindia" tabs.

Plus, Sony has a virtually non-existent customer base for this particular product in India which they would then need to support in terms of logistics/spares/warranties etc.

Lastly, the fact that Sony is going through huge financial problems at the moment (particularly with its Electronics division) certainly doesn't help -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...es-give-up-bonuses-amid-poor-performance.html

To me, its not hard to see why Sony is disinterested in pricing the Xperia Z tab aggressively in the Indian. I may not like the reasons but they are painfully apparent. The fact that they are launching it here at all is surprising enough to me.

For those interested, heres a cool video breakdown of the innards of the Xperia Z.

Man this sucks. Will have to put a hold on the Z tablet buying fantasy as the device is simply over priced and not available at the same time (at least not the model we want).

The tablet is good? Yes. Would I pay 44k for that junk? No way!

So it went from being good to junk as soon as it didn't meet your price expectations?

LOL. No, that's just frustrations. Not able to catch a break.

Good device/bad pricing.
Good pricing/bad display.
High pricing/good device/recycled design.
High pricing/good device/great design/pathetic India after sales.

Try to guess the 4 devices ^

Are you going to buy any device at all,it's just your fantasy so to own one...

Xperia z,xperia z tablet,HTC one,s4 are not going to sell for 20k any time in near future...

So if you want tablet in your range go get nexus 7 and stop criticizing price of other device...

LOL. No, that's just frustrations. Not able to catch a break.

I feel you dawg!
IMHO, spending 30K on a tablet is useless unless you can justify (to yourself) that it is worth it. If you were looking at a device for development, just go for one of the Nexus devices. (I know the Tab Z will have AOSP support but it's not the same)

What sort of bull crap is this? Have you even read that post? It has absolutely no relevance to this thread! It talks about power supplies and I don't have the slightest clue where from you have quoted that post of mine, which I haven't posted on this thread! Add to that, some jerk has even liked that post! :banghead:

View attachment 22246

Gannu sorry...
I don't have slightest idea how I quote your post...
I was trying quote post above my post,it's happening every time I want to quote some one post and it quote someone else post.. ..
I quote wrong post,don't know what happening but every time I want to quote someone post it automatically quote post above ...

Please delete my previous post...

Are you going to buy any device at all,it's just your fantasy so to own one...

Xperia z,xperia z tablet,HTC one,s4 are not going to sell for 20k any time in near future...

So if you want tablet in your range go get nexus 7 and stop criticizing price of other device...

Mate , we can criticise anything and everything we want.What will you do about that?

NOTHING.Thats what i thought.

Back