Starcraft II - Discussion Thread

Re: Starcraft 2 India Release?

Probably going to have a relative pick it up from abroad or dl online and use the cd key. Pre-ordering is for collectors edition only and that shit retails for like 5000 bucks...

Hope they follow the WoW way with sc2 (release it online as a free download and you can only play if you have a cd key).

Is it going to be on Steam? There are NO Blizzard games on Steam, Blizzard has their own digital distribution.

So the only way is to pay $60 and get it from Blizzard?

I also heard about something like a subscription model being introduced for SC2 in non US regions, now I can't find the link...

jc36lect3r said:
So the only way is to pay $60 and get it from Blizzard?

I also heard about something like a subscription model being introduced for SC2 in non US regions, now I can't find the link...

the subscription model was only for south america, where they will get the base game for cheap and they can choose to pay for the online play if they want.

EvilEyE said:
Won't the digital download be region locked to the US only?

I wanna know if the Asian version will be allowed to play on the euro servers? - StarCraft II is not region-locked in Australia/NZ

the digital download is not region locked to america. there are about 5-6 different regions for the game including america, europe, south east asia, korea, taiwan and maybe a couple of others. the one that makes most sense for us in india is the south east asian region version, which can be purchased on battle.net starting tuesday night at 10:30pm. the south east asian version of the game will be allowed to play only on south east asian servers for now, but blizzard have said they will let us play on american servers as well after some time. we won't be allowed to play on euro servers though.

spindoctor said:
definitely not releasing in india. you have to buy digital or import a copy if you want to play it.
But one of my friend email them and got reply after 2 week . here is the reply
Hello,

Thanks for your email and interest in StarCraft II

You don't need to worry about this, we are also releasing StarCraft II in India.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or issues.

Best regards,

Blizzard Entertainment Europe
Oyvind S.
Blizzard Account and Technical Support
Blizzard Support

see they are saying that they will release the game here in india .

jc36lect3r said:
One day to go... who all are forking out 2.8k for this (ouch) :(

i am. gonna be a bit more than 2.8 with the conversion rates the banks seem to use these days.
mastersquall said:
But one of my friend email them and got reply after 2 week . here is the reply

see they are saying that they will release the game here in india .

not trying to be a downer but i'd be cautiously optimistic about that. i'm buying the game tonight from india, so technically, it is releasing in india. i don't know what your friend asked in the email but was he specific about whether the retail version will release here? also, is it likely that someone from tech support will know the details of the situation between activision blizzard and wwcdrom (who are their official distributors here)? the reason their pc games don't get released here is because activision wants to price them stupidly high, and wwcdrom sees no point in releasing the game at a price no one will buy it at. this is the reason all the recent activision games like mw2, singularity, transformers have not released here. i suppose blizzard might find another distributor, and i'd definitely like to see the game box come to india but i really doubt that it will happen anytime soon.

^^ I heard the digital copy will be activated about 10 hrs after launch in US and Latin America. When will it be activated in India?

Just went to battle.net, got automatically redirected to South East Asia region, here the pricing is 109$ SGD which equals to 3600 INR. Changed the region back to US, here's the pricing is 59.99$, which is equal to 2780 INR!

Can't understand why its priced so high in South East Asia region.

spindoctor said:
i am. gonna be a bit more than 2.8 with the conversion rates the banks seem to use these days.
not trying to be a downer but i'd be cautiously optimistic about that. i'm buying the game tonight from india, so technically, it is releasing in india. i don't know what your friend asked in the email but was he specific about whether the retail version will release here? also, is it likely that someone from tech support will know the details of the situation between activision blizzard and wwcdrom (who are their official distributors here)? the reason their pc games don't get released here is because activision wants to price them stupidly high, and wwcdrom sees no point in releasing the game at a price no one will buy it at. this is the reason all the recent activision games like mw2, singularity, transformers have not released here. i suppose blizzard might find another distributor, and i'd definitely like to see the game box come to india but i really doubt that it will happen anytime soon.
Which region did you buy it from? South East Asia or US?

jc36lect3r said:
^^ I heard the digital copy will be activated about 10 hrs after launch in US and Latin America. When will it be activated in India?

10:30pm tuesday night in india.

jc36lect3r said:
Which region did you buy it from? South East Asia or US?
south east asia.

Thanks, but I think im gonna go for a digital download for the SE Asia region. No point paying Rs.800 less and then having unplayable conditions on American servers from India. Although chances are you will be losing a lot more than winning in online games ;)

Looking for folks who will be playing on these servers. Its good to have some buddies to play with =)

Back